[OB] Dalinar and the thrill; What’s next

I first posted this what if in another group , a less enlightened group. The discussion was interesting so I thought I would ask you guys and see what you guys thought!

Dalinar has trapped Nergaul inside the Kings Drop. A perfect ruby! So what’s the plan now ! Do they put it in a vault in Urithiru and say that’s it?

What if Navani got ahold of the Kong’s Drop? What could she do with it . Could she make a Fabrial with it that When turned on sent men on the battlefield into a bezerker frenzy ? Seems logical, but would Dalinar , ever want to use something like that? Probably not , why would Dalinar want to Riot everyone on a battlefield ? The answer is he wouldn’t .... But , then I remembered Navani pain fabrial !!! And, how when Navani was in trouble she reversed the fabrial that was designed to remove pain and made it inflict pain instead!!’

The possibilities made my eyes pop. If she made Nergaul a giant Rioting Fabrial could she then reverse it and Create a Gigantic Soother . That is Something I could see Dalinar putting To Devestating effect. 

Seeing as they are fighting the Fused, who simply get another Body When killed , the obvious solution is to deny them bodies to possess. And this is a very good tool to use against the passion inspired Singers!

thoughts

AABA6B6A-4578-4C32-A06D-2B35C4EE0E24.jpeg

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Dalinar and the thrill; What’s next

I actually had thoughts about this myself. This could relate to the theory of Team Radiant turning the Unmade good. However I could see it having uses beyond a giant Soother device. 

Back in WOK Dalinar talks about how the Thrill made him feel sort of calm and focused,as opposed to the "lust for the blood of the innocent" seen in the Theylan capital in OB. This leads me to believe that there is different kinds of the Thrill,further supported in WOK when Dalinar talks about the "Thrill of competition" and the "Thrill of battle" as two different things.

Thus,I suggest that Navani will attempt to attune Nergaol to the "Cold Thrill" as it were,perhaps by Dalinar laying his hands on the King's Drop and having a little seance with the war boi.

Or maybe they'll turn it into a sort of "Thrill of aid" which would encourage people to help others in need,such as helping with repairs after the assault on Thaylen City. Dalinar would like this I think because of his wondering about why the ancients never made Shardplate for the common people.

Thoughts? 

If there was posibility of using Unmade for good I would really like to see Re-Shepir captured by Shallan.

Enclosed in one of her's drawings-masks. Encorporiated with Stormlight, granted with "a piece of soul and piece of mind", posessing the one thing that she always desired but couldn't ever get - a perfect illusion of Humanity.

However, despite how awesome both of this things would be, I don't really se any of them happening in books.

Even if you could control it, and use it to motivate people for good causes, manipulating people like that is still pretty dishonorable. I doubt Dalinar would approve.

All told, it sounds like a recipe for disaster. You might even be giving it an opening to work its magic from inside the gem.

Edited by Belzedar

3 hours ago, Belzedar said:

Even if you could control it, and use it to motivate people for good causes, manipulating people like that is still pretty dishonorable. I doubt Dalinar would approve.

All told, it sounds like a recipe for disaster. You might even be giving it an opening to work its magic from inside the gem.

I’m not so sure this would be seen a dishonorable . The Singers don’t want to fight . They want to be left alone. The Fused. Have to lie, coerce and pretty much threaten them. Look how the Singers from Thaylan city did not want to participate in the Battle . None of them are trained warriors. Most of the Fused See then with the upmost disdain. So Dalinar could stop a whole army from advancing by calming them all down , think of how many of their lives would be saved. It also works toward his goal  of Uniting everyone against the Fused?!

• Chaos locked this topic