Jazzy Kandra

Cosmere Fanart Zine/Collection

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

Recently, @Botanica and I have been thinking of putting together a digital fanart magazine (zine for short) for the cosmere fandom. Right now, the plan is for the fanzine to showcase new fanart from all the major series/worlds created by a variety of artists in the fandom. For those unfamiliar with the term, a zine is basically a magazine/collection that features fanartists art in a collection...which are generally a new piece of art for the zine. It's sort of like an anthology, but for art instead of short stories. Anyway, it's a bit like the feature art article we did before, but

First, though, we need to chose a name. So, to help us chose one, we created a short poll with five different names for the zine:

https://goo.gl/forms/nJm6SKg3F1elcq6z2 

At the moment, we’re looking for 10-15 artists to participate in this project. The zine will feature art based on characters and scenes from the whole series. And, with permission, we hope to do this zine for either profit or charity, though the goal is still to compensate the artists who participate if possible. Despite this, the project is still in the very early stages of development, so more information will be forthcoming over the next several weeks.

I will post the results for the poll on Friday of next week. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me or botanica regarding this project, or just comment on this topic and I will get to it asap.

Other than that, we’ll keep you informed as more information becomes available!

(The original version of this post can be found here, but some definitions are provided).

Edited by Jazzy Kandra