Nohadon

That sword wound would normally be fatal under different circumstances. However, since I max out damage at 33, and the electrum negates any damage due to shock (it's the cosmere equivalent of an adrenaline shot I suppose) the damage is only 31. Devaan recieved no protection from any armor he was wearing because it was damaged by the fire, and the speed of the attack punched right through it. 

Aon Sheo is 'death' I believe. The damage for this I assigned randomly with 1d20. It's - 9.

Tapped speed would allow the duck. Rashan's reserves are depleting though. 

Damage pending for the removal of the sword. 

Devaan: 38

Rashan: 31

Storms, How much steel do you have?

Sheo had landed, it wouldn't be too long till his opponent died. The only problem was that Devaan had to live till then, and he had a gaping hole in his gut, with all of his gold tapped out, and he is running out of electrum to keep him from feeling the pain, he had to fix his wounds best he can, fast.

Devaan drew three cards, thank harmony.

King of Boots used AonTia to teleport him to the other side of the arena

Ace of Shields set up a wall of light that surrounded him with AonEdo

Queen of Books, a healing card, A combination of Aons Eon, Lal, Eto and Kae

A feeling of calm washed over him, and he stopped tapping electrum as the pain and determination was replaced with a cooling sensation as his wound slowly stopped bleeding, and attempted to close up.

Tapping the last dregs of steel and some mental speed, Devaan cut off a patch of his mistcloak and wrapped it around the wound, stopping any further bleeding. And through this miracle, he was still alive, and his opponent was decaying even more.

A bit, but not much. Emergency steelminds are gone, and if my primary one started with 10 speed units, then I now have 3.

Also, rust. Another healing card :(

Rashan ripped the aluminium sword out of his opponent, and as he tried to attempt a backswing his opponent disappeared, reappearing on the other side of the arena. Storms, Rashan didn't have time for this. He was dying! Slowly, but surely. He watched as another couple pieces of him flaked off, creating a sort of cloud.

Rashan looked towards his opponent in desperation as he tried to run towards them, not tapping steel, for he wanted to save that, leaving a trail of flakes behind him. He was going to die if he didn't kill his enemy fast. His opponent knew that, so instead of attacking, they tried to survive.

At last, Rashan arrived at his enemy, but was shocked to see a golden wall of light separating them. Rashan banged on the wall, longing to get in and attack. Shouldn't his opponent have been dead by now? He looked to see them barely standing, which was remarkable considering what Rashan had done. Rashan banged again on the wall, each second and second too late.

At last, an idea struck Rashan. Burning Chromium, Rashan rested his hands on the shield, and, for the first time in his life, Rashan flared it, watching in satisfaction as the shield dissalated. This was it. Rashan was no longer himself. He was an animal, slowly dying. Rashan's choices were driven by instinct now, the urge to destroy, to kill, to Ruin.

With an predatory ROAR Rashan pounced at his enemy. He had to win. Win or die. Fight or flight. Kill or be killed. He tapped Steel, more than he should have, easily closing the distance as he he slowly pressed his opponent to the wall, before attacking, sword slashing, Steel tapping. There wasn't enough room to dodge. There wasn't enough time to dodge. Rashan felt he was going to win, but oddly, he wasn't smiling.

I was planning on taking damage until Devaan bled to death, but it looks like he's prevented that. Interesting choice of aons, endurance and new flesh make sense to me. East though? Hmmm. Still, that was an intense sword wound. But since Devaan did that, I'll take no more damage for it after this round. (-9)

AonSheo = 18. Ouch...

Damage is now pending for the rabid Rashan attack...:D

Devaan: 29

Rashan: 13 

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I was planning on taking damage until Devaan bled to death, but it looks like he's prevented that. Interesting choice of aons, endurance and new flesh make sense to me. East though? Hmmm. Still, that was an intense sword wound. But since Devaan did that, I'll take no more damage for it after this round. (-9)

Oh wow, I misspelled it. It's aon Kai, not Kae, it was to stop the pain XD

Devaan watched as his opponent leaped onto him, he had to think of something, he had to get out of this situation, Rashan could leech away his Aon walls so he had to do something, he had to distance himself he ha-

A piece of the doll, lying across the arena, no longer awakened or an illusion, but still with a card strapped to it. A card that was glowing faintly with Aon Tia, Devaan let a laugh out as he realised what he was about to do.

He swapped places with the piece of the doll just before Rashan was about to bring down his blade. Safe.

Devaan smiled. He could win this. There was a way out.

Edited by Nohadon

Just now, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

Nohadon are you drawing cards randomly over at your house? To make it fairer? And explain your cards to me please how do they work.

When it comes to the cards, it depends on the circumstances, Usually I will roll a d20, and the higher number the closer it is to the desired affect, and I'll be creating a google doc or adding to my about me page on what all my cards do after this duel, but how they work is that they are 54 individual unsealed metalminds my character acquires by calling in favours from various people to fill the with metalminds (IE: Asking/paying an elantrian to fill a card with Aon Tia, or asking a coinshot to burn steel and fill the card with steel allomancy) 

There are some occasions where I don't need to roll, at the start of the duel, my character will usually have cards already top-decked, and if I get a chance during the duel (like when I got smoke-boxed) I'll top deck some more cards.

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Your doll is cut up, so I don't think you'd still be able to swap bodies with it.

In that case I would swap places with the piece that the card is strapped to.

Ok.

Rashan was feral. He tore the enemy apart, ripping them into ribbons. He'd won, it was over. Rashan stopped, curious.

But why was he still flaking?

The answer was obvious. The magic was still active.

His enemy was still alive.

Rashan turned, bloodshot eyes glaring, glaring at the doll he'd destroyed at the beginning of the duel. His opponent had been able to swap minds between them before, what was keeping them from doing that now? Rashan tried to run but he realised he would never make it in time. He was going to die, to wither away. He had nothing else to lose.

Rashan supertapped what was left of his steel in a moment, exhausting his entire steel supply. As he appeared right beside his enemy he was frustrated to see that yes, they were still alive. And Rashan was dying! They were in he centre of the arena now, where their battle had begun. Eyes alight, Rashan brought out his second weapon in his other hand, a long chain with a small blade attached to its end. This was it, his last gambit. His final attack. Better make it good, then.

With a roar Rashan swung the chain-balde at his opponent. Though he missed hitting them with the sharp point he still managed to wrap the chain around them, and as he reeled his opponent in absurdly close Rahsan brought his short-sword in his other hand and stabbed it through their chest.

Here they both were, mere milo meters from each other. Rashan held the chain-blade in one hand, binding his opponent by the waist. He held his sword in the other, piercing through his enemy's chest.

Rashan stored Steel.

It was odd, he'd never actively stored steel in an battle. But as Rashan's movement slowed greatly, he was pleased to notice from the corner of his eye that he had stopped flaking. Well, not stopped, but slowed, incredibly. Right now, Rashan was but 1/1000th of his normal speed, and so the flakes had slowed down as well.

Rashan (slowly) curled his mouth into a thin smile as his opponent writhed, bound by his chain and stabbed by his sword.

Edited by I think I am here.
Fixed spelling errors.

2 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Right now, Rashan was but 1/1000th of his normal speed, and so the flakes had slowed down as well.

Two things about this:

1. While there is no upper limit to feruchemy, there is definitely a limit to what you can store, I believe the WoB said that storing 75% of your total speed was a huge amount.

2. The decay is tied to me, not you, slowing your physical body down would do nothing to slow the rate of decay.

Also, we should be waiting for Archer each turn now for damage calculations, as you might die to aon Sheo at literally any moment, meaning that the duel could end before you execute your attack. (That, plus the fact that it's going to be a little harder to cast your chain knife seeing that fact that you are essentially missing your fingers now.

1. Devaan 'swapped places with the piece of the doll just before Rashan was about to bring down his blade.'

The way I understand it, the card is the thing that makes the magic work, the doll is just there to trick people into thinking it's Devaan. Since the doll is broken, it would be easy to tell that what had happened. But I expect with Rashan's feral stabbing, he destroyed the card this time, so the trick can't be used again. 

Now your actions are at odds with each other, Rashan wanted to have Devaan pinned, Deveen said they escaped. I'm going to choose the middle ground here and rule that they did escape, but not before taking a light hit from the sword, perhaps grazing their leg. (-4)

2. Here's the WoB that Nohadon mentioned. He's correct, you can only go 75% slower. 

Thoughtful Spurts

If there's really no upper limit to Feruchemy for practical reasons* , why didn't Sazed just fill steel at ridiculous levels for a few minutes in [Well of Ascension], and then go back to running instead of leaving his steelminds there? Say, being some 100,000 times slower than he would normally be for about a minute. Meaning that a Feruchemist should be able to fill a given metalmind in very short periods of time if you fill at a high enough rate.

*(yes, you have the limit of how much you can store in a given metalmind and for how many metalminds you can carry on your person, but those are probably too high to really be taken into account in more "normal" circumstances)

Brandon Sanderson

The low end is bounded. You can pull out tons--but in filling, you can only go so far. I didn't ever explicitly talk about this in the series, but the implications are there. Not all have the same bounds, but in your example, the body just can't slow beyond a certain point. Think of it this way--you can only fill a weight metalmind with as much weight as you have to give. So you can become very, very light--but you only add to a time for doubling your weight. You can't make yourself 100,000 times slower and gain 100,000 times multiplication. You can give up all of your normal speed, and so when you tap that speed out you are at 200% for an equal period. (And that's a theoretical maximum; realistically, you can only go to down around 75% slower or the like.)

source

So I'm going to engage my mediator powers and rule that Rashan only stored the practical maximum amount, which is still a lot, but not as much as he'd hoped.

As for the effects of that action, I had trouble finding any info on what would happen if you slowed yourself down while being attacked by an aon. Go figure. So I'm going to rule that Sheo still does its full HP damage, but the decay is slowed. The flakes, since they're part of his body which is moving much slower now, are falling off slower. That means that any fingers or flaking limbs that were falling off are preserved in a way. They're still dying, but the physical effects are lessened. Therefore, he is able to hold onto his sword and chain better than he would have had he not slowed down. (-6)

Devaan: 25

Rashan: 7

Damage pending for chain attack, which I think despite his flaking limbs, would still work. His grip would just be a little looser than normal.

The chain knife flew towards him and wrapped around his waste, as it coiled Devaan's reflexes kicked in, years spent training against assassinations under the tutelage of his old friend who opened his eyes to the cosier meant he knew what to do. He didn't have time to think about it, he didn't have time to comprehend it, but as soon as he saw the chain fly out he stuck his hands up, letting it wrap around his chest, and then moved his forearm up, so instead of hitting Devaan's chest, it dug into his forearm, he winced in pain, but the feeling of calm swallowed it quickly.

He tapped Duralumin and sent waves of connection to his opponent, they were old friends! they've done things together that couldn't be accomplished alone! We don't want to hurt each other! 

"Hey Rashan, you remember me, right?" Devaan said, smiling.

Devaan drew a card, 1 of books, allomatic brass, storms, he was hoping for zinc, but it'll do. He soothed over his anger, his worry, his pain, almost everything except for his exhaustion and his feelings of friendship and camaraderie.

"It's me, Devaan, your friend! you haven't slept in a long time, you should get some rest! go to sleep! I'll watch over you, don't worry old friend" Devaan told him in a soothing voice

"Just sleep, old friend"

Edited by Nohadon

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Damnation, that's evil. Convincing a man you're his friend right before he dies? Stormfather. I hope I don't die this round so I can post my reactions to the 'attack'.

Yeah :) I decided to end it with something amoral. You may have noticed that my character changes emotions randomly (I forgot to add it to my character sheet but it's similar to bipolar disorder but instead of switching between happiness and elation randomly my character will change alignment of moral randomly. It makes things a little more interesting)

Edited by Nohadon
spelling error's

*impressed that Devaan could smile with a sword in his chest*

Devaan was hit with the chain, which had to hurt. (-3)

A sword through the chest has been known to kill people, but it's usually through blood loss. As the sword is still in Devaan, it doesn't do as much damage as it would have done had it been removed afterwards. The sword is stopping everything from spilling out at the moment. The damage is - 20. 

The AonSheo is still active, and unfortunately for Rashan, it finally completed its task. (-8+1) = -7 points of damage. 

No points for Devaan's manipulation of his opponent (such a move would have been pretty difficult under the circumstances anyway. - 1 for moving with a sword in you, even just grabbing the cards would have caused the sword to cut your insides even more).

Devaan: 1

Rashan: 0

Rashan had finally learned the name of his opponent. Strangely though, the revelation didn't please him as much as it should have. His body was tingling all over, it made it hard to think. His peripheral vision began to fade. He struggled to keep his eyes open as he felt his blood seeping from his body. He suddenly felt very tired. Looking beyond his opponent, the world seemed to grow blurry. It was as if the spectators had all turned into wisps of shadow. Is this what it feels like to die? he thought to himself as unconsciousness embraced him.

As his foe slumped to the ground, it was all Devaan could do to stay on his feet. He felt dizzy, and when he looked down at his body- Devaan fell to his knees to puke. As the adrenaline began to fade, he began to truly feel for the first time that day how weary he was. Everything ached. His skin was caked in blood and dirt. As he looked up, the world around him and Rashan had turned into a runny watercolour. No matter, he couldn’t bring himself to focus on much of anything at the moment. All he knew was that he was very, very tired.

From his viewpoint in the stands, Mace was busy directing the dozens of people rushing around the arena. Snapping his fingers, he pointed to the two frozen combatants in the middle. “Is everyone ready? Somebody tell the pulser under the stadium to drop her bubble, the boxes of stormlight have arrived.” Pointing to someone else, he barked another order. “Kandlar! Get those medics in position! And make sure they have plenty of unsealed gold metalminds! And where’s that Elantrian?”

Leaning over his desk to grab the loudspeaker, he began an announcement. “Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner,” his voice boomed throughout the stadium. “Give it up for today’s champion, Devaan!” The crowd gave a tremendous cheer.

As the team of medics reached the combatants, Mace rose to his feet. It had been a good fight. Maybe to celebrate he’d go grab a drink at The Alleyway Bar. With that thought, he tipped his hat to the winner and strolled out the door.

@Kidpen, the winner is Devaan.

@I think I am here. Good game man, good game 

After waking up in a soft mattress with silk sheets, Devaan immediately looked down to where he was stabbed, and sighed in relief as the wound was gone, leaving behind a faint scar to remind him of this day. He got out of his bed and walked over to the room next to him, knocked on the door and entered the room where his opponent was.

"Hey" Devaan said softly as he saw Rashan lying in his bed, staring at him

Devaan grinned "That was a great fight! You really had me there. We should get drinks at the Alleyway Bar, I'll buy!"

Edited by Nohadon

Yeah, @Nohadon, Great game!

Rashan was just happy it was all over.

From his place in the bed, however, he gave a slight thumbs up.

"Sorry for being such a cremling in the fight," he said quietly to Devaan. I am not known to stab people in the chest often and twist the blade." It was true, desperation had overcome him, though he would never admit it.

"Drinks would be great though." He grinned.

Edited by I think I am here.