Notice on Multiple Accounts

Chaos

• 2 years later...
17 hours ago, Mesa the Ookla said:

Does pretending to be someone else on your account count? *cough* Waynespren *cough*

I suspect it largely depends on the point. WayneSpren impersonated Delightful before (I'm not sure whether this is what you're referring to), but the real Delightful caught on quickly and was quite amused by it, as were most other people, and there was never any malicious intent. If they do so in order to avoid retribution, or to turn people against someone else, then that's not acceptable.

7 hours ago, Ookla the Indefinable said:

I suspect it largely depends on the point. WayneSpren impersonated Delightful before (I'm not sure whether this is what you're referring to), but the real Delightful caught on quickly and was quite amused by it, as were most other people, and there was never any malicious intent. If they do so in order to avoid retribution, or to turn people against someone else, then that's not acceptable.

Then that means I can make a second account, as long as there's no malicious intent and I make it obvious its me? :ph34r:

Remember that I very sternly made Waynespren stop the impersonation.

2 hours ago, Mesa the Ookla said:

Then that means I can make a second account, as long as there's no malicious intent and I make it obvious its me? :ph34r:

There are no exceptions to the multiple account rule. If you want to get instantly banned then sure go for it, but do not try me on this matter.

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2014 at 10:01 PM, Chaos said:

Hey everyone!I evidently need to make a reminder: multiple accounts are strictly prohibited. This has been long stated in the rules, just like this, in fact:

I shouldn't really need to explain why this is prohibited, which is why the rules are short and sweet. You guys, for the most part, are some of the kindest, most excellent people on the internet. But in case you weren't aware, here are some reasons why multiple accounts are banned:1. Reputation abuse. There are restrictions on the amount of downvotes you can make in a time frame, and obviously abusing the reputation system is not acceptable. Additionally, upvoting your own posts is also reputation abuse.2. It's intentionally deceptive. If it's something you wouldn't say on your main account, you shouldn't say it at all.3. Discipline avoidance. If there becomes a time when a member's actions are not in line with the forum guidelines, trying to use another account to get around this is very bad form.For those of you in shared computer households: don't worry! Usually this can be obvious from an introduction post--saying something like "oh I'm so and so's sibling". Just let us know. This won't be an issue for almost all of you, and we'll be very nice about that. For the rest of you, if we discover you have multiple accounts and suspect foul play, we will not hesitate to ban you. There will not be notice. We will be very strict about this.If you believe any such banning has happened in error, contact me at [email protected] an awesome night, you awesome guys and gals. Sorry I had to post this; I really didn't want to, but certain events have transpired that are forcing my hand.

I agree that this shouldnt be a problem

• 2 months later...
  • Chaos unpinned this topic