NoiseSpren

[ob] Considerable offer

9 posts in this topic

Nightwatcher offered Dalinar Nightblood. Interesting. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?

PS: great foreshadowing...:ph34r:

Edited by NoiseSpren

My crazy theory is Vasher gave nightblood to the night watcher in exchange for becoming able to get power from high storms.

What intrigues me is that Nale might have been to the NW to get Nightblood.

Nightblood as a currency...

Interesting idea. But I think Vasher wanted something else and now he regrets it.

I wondered if Vasher gave up nightblood in return for no longer need breath to stay alive.

What I really want to know is what Nale did/gave up/was cursed with to get Nightblood? 

We are overlooking something, I think. Nightblood is a heavily invested entity, with some kind of consciousness. Could Nightblood be the 'person' who made a deal with the Night Watcher? 

Interesting it's possible that Vasher did that but there was some sort of method to absorb stormlight without becoming Radiant in Roshar after all. It could be either and how much would Endowment's investure(Vasher's returned breath is a splinter after all) interfere with Nightwatcher's boon/bane is a problem tho. 

Even Felt was ignored/denied by Nightwatcher cause he's basically made up of Preservation/Ruin

Edited by goody153

Vasher didn't need the Nightwatcher to be able to infuse. That's something that the hole in a Nalthians spiritweb for breath allows if you know how. 

BlackYeti

With most magic systems, you've said that you need some sort of gap in your soul for the Investiture to get in. On Nalthis, there's obviously a bit of it that they can give away. Is this how Vasher is able to get Stormlight?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, is this-- Yeah.

source

Isn't it possible Nale killed whoever actually got Nightblood from Nightwatcher as opposed to getting it himself. Being a Herald, he would know who Nightwatcher and Cultivation and would want to stay far, far away.