17th Shard meetup?

right, I'm going to PM the people in this thread, any lurkers that want more info PM me - will PM my mobile no. so people can contact me if needed.

this SATURDAY 19 APRIL
5PM
the Phoenix, Cavendish Square  http://www.phoenixcavendishsquare.co.uk

Map: MAP HERE

Nearest tube: oxford circus

I wont be eating out but for those that want to they offer a fixed menu, £10 for 2 courses, £13 for 3.

It's been pointed out to me the fixed price menu is only during the week, but you can see their other menus on the website.

I'm going to try to reserve an area for us, will let you know the details if I can, otherwise I'll let you know whereabouts I'll be sitting (I'll try to get there a bit early and bring a '17th shard' sign).

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Edited by Sabrina Stormshard

Thanks for doing lots of work with it. I'll probably be arriving at London Waterloo around 4.30. Would people like to meet me there so we can go on the tube together?

Im still planning on coming despite not being a reg on this forum, ill be working in Waterloo until 4pm hopefully so could do this.

It's been pointed out to me the fixed price menu is only during the week, but you can see their other menus on the website.

And no requirement to be a forum regular! Just a bunch of fans getting together to geek out!

Oh and Semtext, Im coming from the other direction or i would

Edited by Sabrina Stormshard

Kinda sad I'll have to miss this. Just got back with my ex after an extended break and have other plans for next Saturday. Hopefully there'll be another meet in the not too distant future. Good luck to those who are still attending though. Hope you all have fun.

With luck this will just be the first of many :)

For those of you coming:

An area is reserved for us under the name '17TH SHARD'

if you SIGN UP HERE AND PRINT OFF THE VOUCHER you can get A FREE BLOODY MARY: http://www.phoenixcavendishsquare.co.uk/signup/

[can also be exchanged for a free soft drink]

Aww man, I only ventured outside the "Words of Radiance" thread today and saw this.. I thought I was alone in the UK.

I'm in West Yorkshire but I would have loved to meet you guys, did anyone take pictures or make a video? did anyone bring a barbie doll spray-painted blue, pop it on their shoulder and talk to it all day? 

If only i'd noticed this 3 days ago, bah!

Was lovely to meet everyone, I'm starting a new thread NOW (HERE:  http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/7717-17th-shard-uk-london-meetups-signing-and-loncon/ )

because Peter mentioned on twitter that Brandon will be doing a signing in the UK sometime in July/August (NOT at LonCon, 'though Harriet will be there) so that's 2 potential meet up dates:

1) The Signing (details to follow when we know when it'll be, I'm thinking pre/post meetup and drinks); and

2) LonCon 14-18 August 2014, ExCel London - if people are going LonCon let us know the dates you will be there and we can maybe meet up for a Sanderfan toast/drinks.