Khriss in Mistborn?

5ith Ideal

When Wax is at a fancy party (i forget which one specifically) he asks one of the ladies there to dance. She accepts, but then another lady (not much description, or name) sweeps in and asks him questions about his Twinborn abilities. She is never seen again. 

My intuition demands that this is khriss, one of the known Worldhoppers. 

Anyone else agree? Disagree?

2 hours ago, imriel452 said:

my favourite that I got to quiz Brandon on was that she is Vathi in Sixth if the Dusk!

Do you have maybe anything to back it up? So far we only have one source about Khriss being Vathi, and it is paraphrased, and it says they're different people:

PallonianFire (paraphrased)

Have we seen [Khriss] in any of the books out so far? Is Vathi Khriss?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

No, someone else. But you'll see Khriss in a soon-to-be-published book.

Footnote: The books Brandon is referring to are The Bands of Mourning and Mistborn: Secret History.
source

So as you can see your testimony would be a great asset to Arcanum ^_^

Vathi is someone important on her planet, somehow directly tied to the ruling class.  This is pretty clear in the treatment she receives when they reach her people.  She is not someone important in the Cosmere sense (at least not yet).  If she was a worldhopper, her reactions at the end of the story would not make sense.  Even if she was trying to manipulate Dusk somehow, they still don't make sense.  She appears genuinely afraid, and is not suggesting any action or direction.  It is Dusk that first realized the risk, recognized the threat, and decided that they could fight back. 

If anything, these are all subtle appearances by Khriss, but she and Baon are both pretty blatantly in White Sand 1 and 2. 

And also we learn from Arcanum that she even more definitely was on Taldain during that time. 

This could quite possibly be her origin story... we may be able to find where the worldhopping began.

Khriss and Baon are both from Taldain itself- from Darkside.

White Sand is one of the original novels Brandon wrote- I think number 3 or 4, even before Elantris- you can still request copies of the original text- just be aware that there have been some major changes and gender swops :)

1 hour ago, 5ith Ideal said:

This could quite possibly be her origin story... we may be able to find where the worldhopping began.

Yep, White Sand is Khriss' origin story, before she became a worldhopping Arcanist. It's also chronologically the earliest published work in the Cosmere. And as imriel452 says it's also one of the earliest works Brandon wrote. The graphic novel is actually its third incarnation, with the Prose version that Brandon gives out on request being the second. The very first version of White Sand (which he doesn't share) was literally Brandon's first complete novel.

• Chaos locked this topic