A Weird Question about Marsh Era 2

goody153

On 6/24/2018 at 10:32 PM, Moonrise said:

As much as this sounds perfectly reasonable...

..I cannot see Marsh being okay with any being approaching him with something sharp. Marsh, the strong independent Ironeyes and Death Himself turning his back on someone to get a shave? After all that he has been through, I expect he will have trust issues.

After all that he has been through, whatever else, he's come out with hemalurgic spikes for F-gold, A-pewter, F-pewter, F-steel, and A-steel. Even if he was never spiked for A-gold (which purpose would only be to let him compound for infinite goldmind based health - I can't see Rashek's original design adding A-gold to Inquisitors who weren't Mistborn to begin with), he probably still would have enough of a goldmind stored to survive an immediate slashing, followed by tapping speed, flaring pewter, Steelpushing, Bruting up, and generally destroying whoever tried to give him a closer shave than he asked for.

In short, I doubt Marsh has "trust issues" in the sense of "afraid of strangers wielding razors". He probably can't relate well to mortals any more, though. All his friends (those he didn't personally work to try to kill as Ruin's puppet) are long dead, except maybe Kelsier, whose actions he may not approve of.

Edited by robardin

Maybe before you become an obligator there’s a required course on head-shaving. Of course, Marsh wouldn’t have taken it, but they may review it after Inquisitors are made. New steel spike eyes and all.

3 hours ago, Silva said:

Maybe before you become an obligator there’s a required course on head-shaving. Of course, Marsh wouldn’t have taken it, but they may review it after Inquisitors are made. New steel spike eyes and all.

Can you imagine an Inquisitor Hairdressers for new recruits? That would be scary but imagine the creativity!

• Chaos locked this topic