54 minutes ago, Alvron said:

More like 4 lives with the chance of a fifth.  As you pointed out ,balanced with a Village Mistborn.  The odds of an Elim Mistborn pulling Pewter the same cycle they get lynched is high enough that even I wouldn't bet on it.  If done however, the gambits they could pull would be great.

I kinda want this to happen now.

It happened in AG3.

Drake:
It must be nice, it must be nice
To have an elim team on your side

Oplen:
Ev'ry action has its equal, opposite reactions
Thanks to Elandera, our votin' group fractured into factions
Try not to crack under the stress, we're breaking down like fractions
We smack each other in the thread, and we don't print retractions
I get no satisfaction witnessing her fits of passion
The way she talks and walks and points out errors with dispassion
Our other players, our villagers, live ration to ration
As the spiked robs 'em blind in search of trust to cash in
This gal is askin' for someone to bring her to task
Somebody gimme some dirt on this vacuous mass so we can at last unmask her
I'll pull the trigger on her, someone load the gun and cock it
While we were all watching, she got the villagers in her pocket

Itiah and Oplen:
To have an elim team on your side
Look back at analysis of her jokes

Rae:
Which I wrote

Alv, Oplen, and Rae:
The ink hasn't dried

Drake:
So she's been a thug without telling us
Wouldn't a villager have kicked up more fuss?

Oplen:
Look in her eyes!

Itiah:
See how she lies

Rae:
Follow the scent of her enterprise

Alv:
Being a thug with two others
Would rightly balance elim sisters and brothers

Drake:
If we don't stop it we aid and abet it

Oplen:
We have to lynch her

Rae:
Somebody has to stand up for Cali's South!

Drake:
Somebody has to stand up to her mouth!

Itiah:
If there's a fire you're trying to douse

Alv and Itiah:
You can't put it out from inside the house

Oplen:
I am a voter, I am complicit in
Watching her grabbin' at power and kissin' it
If the villagers ain't gon' listen
To disciplined dissidents, this is the difference:
This kid is out!

Meanwhile, Elandera's supposed elim team:
*sound of crickets*

Spoiler

The point I'm trying to make with this is that it looks like nobody's defended Elandera much. She had one vote from Alv D1, and 4 votes on her D2 from Drake, Itiah, Oplen, and me. In that time, nobody has expressed trust for her or defended her. (If you're curious, players who have gotten trust or defenses are Cadcom, Bort, Drake, Itiah, Oplen, and Snip.) If Elandera was an elim, her teammates would probably have tried to sway the lynch off of her, which hasn't happened.

Now, Elandera is a thug, so it's possible that her team was willing to let her take the hit, or that the soothe was supposed to save her, so I'm only putting her as slightly village for now, but I think it's worth considering.

The song used was "Washington on Your Side" from Hamilton, if you want to find it. Watch out, there's some swears in there.

Edited by Arraenae
Added title of the song.

The point I'm trying to make with this is that it looks like nobody's defended Elandera much. She had one vote from Alv D1, and 4 votes on her D2 from Drake, Itiah, Oplen, and me. In that time, nobody has expressed trust for her or defended her. (If you're curious, players who have gotten trust or defenses are Cadcom, Bort, Drake, Itiah, Oplen, and Snip.) If Elandera was an elim, her teammates would probably have tried to sway the lynch off of her, which hasn't happened.

Now, Elandera is a thug, so it's possible that her team was willing to let her take the hit, or that the soothe was supposed to save her, so I'm only putting her as slightly village for now, but I think it's worth considering.

That... Is a good point.

Given that I don't see much even in this cycle that resembles a team mate protecting Elandera, we should probably avoid lynching them.

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

And that's what I get for not thoroughly reading rules. I didn't realize Mistborn powers were one random per cycle. In that case, yes, it fully makes sense to have a thug in the elim team.

You will get the hang of it soon I'm sure so I wouldn't worry about it.  I have the benefit of playing multiple games with the role-set we have and can probably recite their abilities in my sleep, which is not a good thing I'm sure. :) 

1. @Arraenae, first off, sweet poem. You should do this more often.
  2. Second off, good point on Elandra, though technically, now you're defending her :ph34r:. But seriously, I hadn't considered that. Good point.
  3. Third off, however, you seem to still think I'm lying despite various proofs. Drake, DoS, and Snipexe can all vouch that what I told them was true, so by not trusting me, you're also saying by extension you don't trust them. I've explained my points, but you still don't have a reason to lynch me beyond "I think you're lying", and even so, lots of people think the opposite. I'd like a good reason, please.
  4. Fourth off, @Araris Valerian, Harmony knows what you're doing. You're reason for lynching me is old and outdated, and you're not responding to most posts directed at you. I'm not going to stay on you too long because you said you were going to come back and do some analysis, but hopefully you realise I'm innocent. Oddly, you want me the dead the most and have the worst reason.
  5. Fifth off, I'm male :).
  6. Sixth off, nice signature, Alvron. 
Edited by I think I am here.
Added point 6

12 minutes ago, Alvron said:

You will get the hang of it soon I'm sure so I wouldn't worry about it.  I have the benefit of playing multiple games with the role-set we have and can probably recite their abilities in my sleep, which is not a good thing I'm sure. :) 

Better to get a hang of it than to get a hung for it :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Third off, however, you seem to still think I'm lying despite various proofs. Drake, DoS, and Snipexe can all vouch that what I told them was true, so by not trusting me, you're also saying by extension you don't trust them. I've explained my points, but you still don't have a reason to lynch me beyond "I think you're lying", and even so, lots of people think the opposite. I'd like a good reason, please.

Sixth off, nice signature, Alvron. 

Rae has been stabbed in the back several times by players that she trusted.  Even those that have provided 'proof' that they are innocent.  So I fully understand her stance.  Personally, I'm siding with her in not trusting the proof you have offered but then I trust no one as a rule.  :) 

Thanks.

Okay, I'm back, and I've had a little time to think about things. Itiah's ploy seems like a village thing to do, although it would be kinda funny if an elim tried to exploit the rules to lead everyone on a wild goose chase. I agree with Rae and Drake's points about Elandera, especially since there wasn't a particularly good reason why Elandera was lynched last cycle, so it would have been easyish to draw attention to someone else.

On that note, I'm going to vote for TheMightyLopen. He's been lurking despite saying that in a QF players need to be more aggressive than normal. And with that, I'm probably out for the rest of the cycle.

9 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Rae has been stabbed in the back several times by players that she trusted.  Even those that have provided 'proof' that they are innocent.  So I fully understand her stance.  Personally, I'm siding with her in not trusting the proof you have offered but then I trust no one as a rule.  :) 

Huh, I guess I can accept that. I don't really know what else to say.

12 hours ago, Elandera said:

Well, then. Thanks for trying to kill me after I went to sleep. 

As for your concerns that I am elim, I'm not sure where they've come from. My posts have mostly been joking, overdramatic, or flippant. 

I haven't had a lot of time to real analysis because things have been crazy at work (one day off in the last 8 days, 10-12 hour shifts). I should be sleeping now, but my stupid chickens decided to be more overdramatic than I am. Because of that, I decided to play a little more loosely with my style and have a bit more fun.

I expect at least one of the people who voted on me were elim, joining the bandwagon in hopes to secure another village death. I'll look at those later, but for now I need to get back to sleep. 

Edit: After a bit of review, I don't think the last couple of votes were elims after all. I can't quite call Itiah's vote self-preservation since many votes on them had been removed, but it was close to it. I'd just like to hear some reasoning behind the bandwagon.

Like I said, I wasn't crazy about putting a vote on you when you weren't around, but I felt like Itiah probably isn't an eliminator(still feel this way) and I didn't have a good feeling about you for whatever reason, so yeah. I think the reason I feel slightly suspicious about you is that I have better reads on most of the other active players and I haven't had similar feelings about your posts, so it's more that I don't see a good option so I was going with someone I was unsure of.

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

Hide contents

Now, Elandera is a thug, so it's possible that her team was willing to let her take the hit, or that the soothe was supposed to save her, so I'm only putting her as slightly village for now, but I think it's worth considering.

The song used was "Washington on Your Side" from Hamilton, if you want to find it. Watch out, there's some swears in there.

As a counter point to this, there's likely only 3 elims. If Elandera is an elim, and one of them is only semi-active, then it would be very risky for her teammates to try to rescue her from being lynched again, since it could end up connecting them. Also, the soothe could have been meant to protect Itiah, since I only moved my vote about an hour before the Cycle ended.

16 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Okay, I'm back, and I've had a little time to think about things. Itiah's ploy seems like a village thing to do, although it would be kinda funny if an elim tried to exploit the rules to lead everyone on a wild goose chase. I agree with Rae and Drake's points about Elandera, especially since there wasn't a particularly good reason why Elandera was lynched last cycle, so it would have been easyish to draw attention to someone else.

On that note, I'm going to vote for TheMightyLopen. He's been lurking despite saying that in a QF players need to be more aggressive than normal. And with that, I'm probably out for the rest of the cycle.

Sorry about not posting before now, I've been busy all day. I checked in once or twice, so I guess you may have seen me online if that's what you meant about me lurking, but I haven't had the opportunity to post anything until now.

@Straw, are the write-ups going to show how players are attacked/killed, or is it all fluff?

I'm really not sure where I want to put my vote. If the coinshot/mistborn attack was from a villager, that would make Elandera more suspicious, but if they're elim, she's more likely village. I'm not particularly suspicious of her posts, but I also don't have any other leads I feel good about. :/ I'm gonna review things and then put a vote down.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention that Cadcom said if he was killed tonight, he put up a safety net to try and figure out who sent in the kill on him. I'm not sure how that would work, but Araris said he was supposed to give a name(Stick) to someone, sooooo I don't know what to think about that.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

2 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Like I said, I wasn't crazy about putting a vote on you when you weren't around, but I felt like Itiah probably isn't an eliminator(still feel this way) and I didn't have a good feeling about you for whatever reason, so yeah. I think the reason I feel slightly suspicious about you is that I have better reads on most of the other active players and I haven't had similar feelings about your posts, so it's more that I don't see a good option so I was going with someone I was unsure of.

As a counter point to this, there's likely only 3 elims. If Elandera is an elim, and one of them is only semi-active, then it would be very risky for her teammates to try to rescue her from being lynched again, since it could end up connecting them. Also, the soothe could have been meant to protect Itiah, since I only moved my vote about an hour before the Cycle ended.

Sorry about not posting before now, I've been busy all day. I checked in once or twice, so I guess you may have seen me online if that's what you meant about me lurking, but I haven't had the opportunity to post anything until now.

@Straw, are the write-ups going to show how players are attacked/killed, or is it all fluff?

I'm really not sure where I want to put my vote. If the coinshot/mistborn attack was from a villager, that would make Elandera more suspicious, but if they're elim, she's more likely village. I'm not particularly suspicious of her posts, but I also don't have any other leads I feel good about. :/ I'm gonna review things and then put a vote down.

I have no hard feelings against the people who voted on me (despite what that first sentence in the post you quoted sounds like. I was tired). I understand voting based on a lack of read, as some elims appear more neutral than anything.

Good point about the soothed vote. Though I'm not sure where you're making the connection with the attack and me. Could you explain?

5 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

wait, the elims aren't the only enemies?

WHAT?????????

Also, my vote for this cycle is Snipexe.

Itiah. Gancho.

Show me how to lie
You're getting better all the time
And turning all against the one
Is an art that's hard to teach
A faked overreaction
Soothes away an unsuspecting herd
And as you get back into line
A mob moves away from you

Again, no link to the song because it has swearwords in it. It's called "You're Gonna Go Far Kid."

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

I have no hard feelings against the people who voted on me (despite what that first sentence in the post you quoted sounds like. I was tired). I understand voting based on a lack of read, as some elims appear more neutral than anything.

Good point about the soothed vote. Though I'm not sure where you're making the connection with the attack and me. Could you explain?

If the coinshot/mistborn is village, it would make sense to give the elims a Thug or Lurcher as protection(Thug especially as it can also protect against lynches), and since you're a thug, I'd be extra suspicious of you. But, on the other hand, if the elims have a coinshot/mistborn, then it's unlikely they'd also have a protection role since that would give them an extra attack and extra lives, so you'd most likely be village IMO.

46 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Would you mind explaining the thought process here?

See explanation above. :P

Gancho.  You seem to only be able to post early in the round so it's highly unlikely you will be able to respond to the votes against you but as it stands, you are my best lead in finding the Elims.

I think I'm going to step in and defend Gancho, though I might not be the best candidate. He's a new player and I feel his response was honest in not realizing village coinshots might accidentally kill an ally. There are a lot of roles with different mechanics that could get confusing for someone just approaching SE.

That being said, I'm thinking I'll place a vote on Stick. There was an odd comment made in PM about my role and someone possibly knowing it before I was lynched.

Right, the time has come to cast a vote (honestly, the voter turnout isn't great right now) before I go to sleep.

I'm not really feeling the Gancho lynch. Gancho's reaction seemed to indicate not knowing about the rules more than any elim-y assumptions, and seems pretty NAI to me.

With a few exceptions that I'm still deliberating about (such as Elandera, I'm still not sure about), basically all the active peoples I've talked to / examined seem pretty village.

Which actually makes sense, because I reckon the elim team is small and maybe not super-duper active.

So by process of elimination, I'm going to go with Snipexe for now, as I don't think many others would work.

The Larabecks had been allomantically weak for centuries. Skaa blood had corrupted their line, making mistings rare and mistborn unheard of. Her aunt, a renowned tineye, had been the last Larabeck allomancer, but no one had heard from her in years. She was probably dead by now, leaving her family with nothing. Leidene's father Tyrann had been unwilling to accept defeat. After she had failed to snap in response to physical trauma, he turned to more psychological methods.

Two months after breaking her leg, her father took the family out for an excursion in a nearby forest. As night fell and the mists came out, he abandoned her in the forest with only an aged skaa man for company. Bandits aome for them that night. The leader held a dagger to the skaa's throat, demanding the pair hand over their valuables. Leidene declared they had no valuables, so the bandit slit the skaa's throat. Leidene stumbled into the mists, lying prone on the ground hoping to not be discovered. She stayed up the whole night, her terror warding off sleep, but miraculously, no one had found her until her father arrived in the morning, his personal dagger was still slick with blood. She drank the vial of metals he gave her, but again, she failed to burn any of them. They rode home in silence, Leidene's right leg screaming from remaining stationary on the hard ground all night, the metal flakes sitting uncomfortably in her stomach.

In the interests of actually voting this cycle, I'll vote for Snipexe. I believe he's more likely to be evil than Gancho, but I'll see how the votes look closer to rollover.

37 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I think I'm going to step in and defend Gancho, though I might not be the best candidate. He's a new player and I feel his response was honest in not realizing village coinshots might accidentally kill an ally. There are a lot of roles with different mechanics that could get confusing for someone just approaching SE.

That being said, I'm thinking I'll place a vote on Stick. There was an odd comment made in PM about my role and someone possibly knowing it before I was lynched.

Could you elaborate more about your reasoning for voting Stick? I don't understand the thought process exactly about someone knowing your role leading to Stick being suspicious. To be clear, I'm still unsure about Stick myself, so I don't mind the vote, but I'm just not sure what you're getting at.

Vote tally:

Snipexe(3): Gancho, Drake, Devotary
Gancho(2): Alvron, Rae
Oplen(1): Araris
Stick(1): Elandera

I have no idea who to vote for. Snipexe and Gancho haven't said that much, and while I did kind of agree with Alv about Gancho at first, after looking over his posts, I'm not all that suspicious of him. I could vote for Stick I guess...

Ninja'd because I can't figure out who to vote for. XD I'm just gonna post and then come back to this in a bit.

9 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Could you elaborate more about your reasoning for voting Stick? I don't understand the thought process exactly about someone knowing your role leading to Stick being suspicious. To be clear, I'm still unsure about Stick myself, so I don't mind the vote, but I'm just not sure what you're getting at.

Vote tally:

Snipexe(3): Gancho, Drake, Devotary
Gancho(2): Alvron, Rae
Oplen(1): Araris
Stick(1): Elandera

I have no idea who to vote for. Snipexe and Gancho haven't said that much, and while I did kind of agree with Alv about Gancho at first, after looking over his posts, I'm not all that suspicious of him. I could vote for Stick I guess...

Ninja'd because I can't figure out who to vote for. XD I'm just gonna post and then come back to this in a bit.

It wasn't actually out of any real suspicion of Stick herself. It was more of an attempt to get her to respond to my last PM. She asked me a question if I had claimed to anyone, which I hadn't (see my overdramatic aversion to claiming on D1). She then made it sound like someone might have known my role before I was lynched. I find that a bit suspicious and would like to track it to the source.

Well, after today, that's me inactive, most likely until dead (I'm assuming this was the 'defense' that was mentioned in an earlier post?) but since I'm not dead yet, and should probably do something useful for once, I'll help solidify the vote on Snipexe.

So, I’m the one Cadmium told to PM Araris if they died. I didn’t remember to do this immediately, but I did PM Araris shortly after they explained what they knew to the main thread.

I’ve been asking around since then to try to piece this together better, but I haven’t had much luck, so I’m disclosing everything I know in-thread.

Cadmium told me that an unnamed party PMed them and asked who Cadmium would kill if they were a village coinshot.

Cadmium replied either Rae or Lopen-two-arms.

Cadmium told me that if they died, I could PM Araris and Araris could tell me who. Otherwise, Cadmium would tell me who themself this cycle.

Cadmium also said that if Rae/Lopen died they would have a suspect.

So that is the safeguard Cadmium had in place. The fact that Cadmium had some idea they might be attacked this cycle seems significant. But I’m not sure I fully get how this information could be used to identify Cadmium’s killer. Any ideas?

To be honest, I don't think any of the two players we're lynching right now is an elim. I haven't got enough information on Gancho, but through my PMs with Snip I've definitely got a village read from him. Everything from the Citizen method (which we used before I stopped) to confirm we were both villagers to the fact that he didn't want me to get lynched gave me a genuine vibe from him. @Devotary of Spontaneity, he was the one who told me to share my innocent logic with you, because you had recently voted on me. I don't think an elim would do this.

I realise it's dangerous to be siding with the person who seems to be under the most suspect right now, especially after what has been happening with people suspecting me, but I don't want another villager to be lynched, and I really believe Snip is a villager. For this reason, I'm not going to vote, since the two leading people in getting lynched aren't suspect to me.

Of course, if one of them does end up being an elim, then I'm kinda screwed for trusting them.

6 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

To be honest, I don't think any of the two players we're lynching right now is an elim. I haven't got enough information on Gancho, but through my PMs with Snip I've definitely got a village read from him. Everything from the Citizen method (which we used before I stopped) to confirm we were both villagers to the fact that he didn't want me to get lynched gave me a genuine vibe from him. @Devotary of Spontaneity, he was the one who told me to share my innocent logic with you, because you had recently voted on me. I don't think an elim would do this.

I realise it's dangerous to be siding with the person who seems to be under the most suspect right now, especially after what has been happening with people suspecting me, but I don't want another villager to be lynched, and I really believe Snip is a villager. For this reason, I'm not going to vote, since the two leading people in getting lynched aren't suspect to me.

Of course, if one of them does end up being an elim, then I'm kinda screwed for trusting them.

I also don't like the lynch targets all that much, so if you gave a compelling argument to lynch someone else, I'll vote alongside you. The players I don't want to vote on are: me, Drake, Bort(might die soon), you, Rae, Gancho, Snipexe, and Lopen2arms. That leaves Alvron, Devotary, Elandera, Stick, and Araris.

24 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

So, I’m the one Cadmium told to PM Araris if they died. I didn’t remember to do this immediately, but I did PM Araris shortly after they explained what they knew to the main thread.

I’ve been asking around since then to try to piece this together better, but I haven’t had much luck, so I’m disclosing everything I know in-thread.

Cadmium told me that an unnamed party PMed them and asked who Cadmium would kill if they were a village coinshot.

Cadmium replied either Rae or Lopen-two-arms.

Cadmium told me that if they died, I could PM Araris and Araris could tell me who. Otherwise, Cadmium would tell me who themself this cycle.

Cadmium also said that if Rae/Lopen died they would have a suspect.

So that is the safeguard Cadmium had in place. The fact that Cadmium had some idea they might be attacked this cycle seems significant. But I’m not sure I fully get how this information could be used to identify Cadmium’s killer. Any ideas?

So Stick is the one asking about who CadCom wanted to kill. CadCom is also the one who may or may not have known about me being thug prior to my lynch. @_Stick_, can you fill any gaps?

Or perhaps it was Stick who was the coinshot/elim who killed CadCom?