Ela stumbled away from the angry mob which had attacked her as she slept. Everything hurt. Several ribs were cracked and she could feel one eye throbbing and swelling.

Pewter. She needed pewter. Her spare vial had shattered in the attack.

Step by staggering step, Ela made her way toward her hidden reserve.

Too many injuries. She wouldn't last long of she didn't get more pewter.

She stumbled on a loose cobblestone, and she collapsed to the ground, black filling her vision.

A man standing over her. Intricate tattoos giving his face of rage an almost demonic look. His fist slamming down onto her body again and again and again as she cried and screamed in fear and pain. No one would come to save her.

Ela woke with a scream, sending stabs of pain through her torso. Her face was pressed against the ashen cobbles. She pushed herself upright again, flaring the traces of remaining pewter. She was almost there. Then she could sleep.

-----------------------

Well, then. Thanks for trying to kill me after I went to sleep. 

As for your concerns that I am elim, I'm not sure where they've come from. My posts have mostly been joking, overdramatic, or flippant. 

I haven't had a lot of time to real analysis because things have been crazy at work (one day off in the last 8 days, 10-12 hour shifts). I should be sleeping now, but my stupid chickens decided to be more overdramatic than I am. Because of that, I decided to play a little more loosely with my style and have a bit more fun.

I expect at least one of the people who voted on me were elim, joining the bandwagon in hopes to secure another village death. I'll look at those later, but for now I need to get back to sleep. 

Edit: After a bit of review, I don't think the last couple of votes were elims after all. I can't quite call Itiah's vote self-preservation since many votes on them had been removed, but it was close to it. I'd just like to hear some reasoning behind the bandwagon.

Edited by Elandera
Spelling

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Vote Count:

Vote Count:

Elandera (3): Arraenae, Drake Marshall, I think I am here

Arraenae (2): Alvron, Cadmium Compounder

Alvron (1): Gancho Libre

Cadmium Compounder (1): Elandera

I think I am here (1): Araris

Snipexe (1): Stick

I think it's worth mentioning that Lopen's vote for Elandera was soothed off.

stick to answer your earlier question about why I voted Alvron, I admit there was little behind it besides a small subconscious feeling that I have not yet identified. It most likely is nothing, but I did not know who else to vote for.

Anyway, someone with a special role saved elandera, someone with a special role saved stick, and CadCom was mafia'd.

Edited by Gancho Libre

So uh. If two people were attacked, that implies coinshotting.

The attack feels kind of indiscriminate. I'm going to guess that most likely, an elim mistborn rolled steel.

Also, Elandera, out of curiousity, why would you avoid claiming pewter until after being lynched?

There should be more to go off of now, so I'll see what I can come up with.

15 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

So uh. If two people were attacked, that implies coinshotting.

The attack feels kind of indiscriminate. I'm going to guess that most likely, an elim mistborn rolled steel.

Also, Elandera, out of curiousity, why would you avoid claiming pewter until after being lynched?

There should be more to go off of now, so I'll see what I can come up with.

When I went to sleep, I was still one vote behind the current leader. When I woke up, I had been lynched. I didn't expect the sudden change of opinion, so I didn't see a need to defend myself.

Itiah:
Look at me you may think you see
Who I really am but you'll never know me
Every day it's as if I play a part
Now I see if I stay silent now
I can keep my secrets but I'll get lynched
Who is that player I see staring straight back at me?
When will all the inthread reads show who I am inside?

@I think I am here.
Spoiler

What was that thing you told players who PMed you that convinced them you were innocent? Stating it inthread here will clear up a lot of confusion and isn't significantly less safe than telling it to any random person who PMs you.

Edited by Arraenae
Added a link

39 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Yeah. When Drake said he was out of stock for good reasons, I voted him as a joke, until 'he was in stock again'. But I missed Araris' vote on him. Not that I never saw it, but the time I was making the vote on Drake I had forgotten.

And with one PM
You inspired a fire of devotion that lasts for a cycle
What kind of player talks like this?

To let us dangle at a cruel angle
Oh, it must be in a PM
I thought it might be dangerous and felt bad calling it out
But you never said it inthread

What kind of player talks like this?
What kind of player?
What kind of villager talks like this?
What kind of villager?

Spoiler

Seriously, why insist that people PM you? This is the type of thing that could easily get put inthread.

Edited by Arraenae
Added a link

I was told in a PM from Cadcom that if he died, I someone would send me a PM asking for a name, and that name was Stick. I'm not really sure what that was all about, and I never got a follow up PM, but maybe someone else knows what he wanted.

I'm somewhat out of sorts and busy right now, so I'm just going to repeat my vote on Itiah from last cycle. I'm not really looking to generate any discussion from this vote, and if I have time I'll come back later to do some analysis.

14 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

I will say something very evil. Behold: "I am just as evil as you are."

Lies!  One can never be as evil as I.  Or at least I hope not.  I don't want to have to defend my Throne of Evil just yet.

4 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Anyway, someone with a special role saved elandera, someone with a special role saved stick, and CadCom was mafia'd.

Why do you think CadCom was killed by Elims?  It could've been a Coinshot or Mistborn.  You're new to the game so I want to cut you some slick but this statement tells me you know more than you should if you were village.

2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Could be Village Coinshot or Mistborn since we don't know which or Stick or CadCom was the Elim kill.  (I'm going to assume one of the kills was from an Elim as it's highly unlikely they forgot to place an order a second time.)

Why claim earlier?  Would you have changed your vote if they did?  Personally, I would've added my vote to them as I suspect the Elims have a Thug role if they do have 3 members.  It would help balance the team quite nicely.

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

Why do you think CadCom was killed by Elims?  It could've been a Coinshot or Mistborn.  You're new to the game so I want to cut you some slick but this statement tells me you know more than you should if you were village.

wait, the elims aren't the only enemies?

WHAT?????????

Also, my vote for this cycle is Snipexe.

Edited by Gancho Libre

8 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Does that hold for this cycle as well, then?

Are you insinuating I'm an elim thug? Granted, it doesn't look great. Someone soothed a vote on me, which I suspect could be an elim trying to frame me. Or it could be a villager who didn't think I should be lynched. If that's the case, thank you. I appreciate your effort.

Also, if the write-up by CadCom can be believed, he was the one attacked by elims.

39 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Does that hold for this cycle as well, then?

I'm thinking about it.

22 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

wait, the elims aren't the only enemies?

WHAT?????????

Mistborn and Coinshot can be either Village or Elim.  They are kill roles.  If they are Elim then yes they are the enemy but if Village then they simply have bad aim.

18 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Are you insinuating I'm an elim thug? Granted, it doesn't look great. Someone soothed a vote on me, which I suspect could be an elim trying to frame me. Or it could be a villager who didn't think I should be lynched. If that's the case, thank you. I appreciate your effort.

Also, if the write-up by CadCom can be believed, he was the one attacked by elims.

I am simply giving my opinion.  I know how I would balance this game and a Thug Elim would be one of the ways to do it.  I'm not saying they have a Thug or that you are Elim but the possibility exists and must be looked at.

CadCom wrote their own death.  You can't take anything from it as they would have zero information to use when doing so.

My reason for voting on Drake wasn't the only way I proved I was innocent.

When straw gives you your role, he says "you are a citizen". The word citizen itself was a word only used by straw in the villager pm, so it made sense to think if you asked a villager what role they were and they said Citizen then they weren't elim, because elims wouldn't know that word, since it was only mentioned in villager GM PMs. I thought this could be like a codeword, and that was how, @Arraenae, I made sure who was trustworthy and who was not in my PMs. This is also the reason I didn't post why I'm innocent in thread, because the main reason was based around the 'codeword' Citizen as a way for villagers to identify each other, and just posting the Citizen codeword in thread would undermine all of that.

The theory was not without its holes, however. Many people I PMd with this said that in the intro it actually DOES say Citizens, and when someone dies who is a villager it identifies them as Citizen, breaking my theory. The very fact they would point that out, instead of abusing it reinforced they were fellow villagers. Anyway, with these holes the theory was useless, meaning I could post in thread, but it was already 5 minutes until rollover and I  didn't have the time to write this.

TL;DR; There was a 'codeword' for identifying villagers I didn't want to post in the thread, hence my apparent inactivity, now that the theory doesn't work I can post it. I hope what I've typed is a suitable explanation, @Arraenae and other suspicious people

PS. @Araris Valerian, you really want me to die despite my reasoning, why?

Edited by I think I am here.
Disclaimer: Mpgwu is NOT a word.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

My reason for voting on Drake wasn't the only way I proved I was innocent.

When straw gives you your role, he says "you are a citizen". The word citizen itself was a word only used by straw in the villager pm, so it made sense to think if you asked a villager what role they were and they said Citizen then they weren't elim, because elims wouldn't know that word, since it was only mentioned in villager GM PMs. I thought this could be like a codeword, and that was how, @Arraenae, I made sure who was trustworthy and who was not in my PMs. This is also the reason I didn't post why I'm innocent in thread, because the main reason was based around the 'codeword' Citizen as a way for villagers to identify each other, and just posting the Citizen codeword in thread would undermine all of that.

The theory was not without its holes, however. Many people I PMd with this said that in the intro it actually DOES say Citizens, and when someone dies who is a villager it identifies them as Citizen, breaking my theory. The very fact they would point that out, instead of abusing it reinforced they were fellow villagers. Anyway, with these holes the theory was useless, meaning I could post in thread, but it was already 5 minutes until rollover and I  didn't have the time to write this.

TL;DR; There was a 'codeword' for identifying villagers I didn't want to post in the thread, hence my apparent inactivity, now that the theory doesn't work I can post it. I hope what I've typed is a suitable explanation, @Arraenae and other suspicious people

PS. @Araris Valerian, you really want me to die despite my reasoning, why?

Itiah mentioned this in the PM, yes. I kind of disagree that this stragey should be used, both because the information might be unreliable and because I'm not entirely sure that sort of information ought to be used in a game as a matter of principle.

However, the fact that they wanted to use this strategy is another factor in my deciding they weren't evil, and I am fairly convinced of that.

19 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Itiah mentioned this in the PM, yes. I kind of disagree that this stragey should be used, both because the information might be unreliable and because I'm not entirely sure that sort of information ought to be used in a game as a matter of principle.

However, the fact that they wanted to use this strategy is another factor in my deciding they weren't evil, and I am fairly convinced of that.

Yeah, I don't intend use something like this theory again, but now that's it null, here it is.

56 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I am simply giving my opinion.  I know how I would balance this game and a Thug Elim would be one of the ways to do it.  I'm not saying they have a Thug or that you are Elim but the possibility exists and must be looked at.

CadCom wrote their own death.  You can't take anything from it as they would have zero information to use when doing so.

I'd have to agree. An elim thug would be useful, though I'd venture to guess if they had a Mistborn, they probably wouldn't have a separate thug.

Ah, I wasn't sure how much player-written write-ups were edited for accuracy. That makes sense then.

I'm not sure yet who to vote on this cycle. No one so far has stood out as possible elim. Does anyone have solid arguments yet?

Edited by Elandera
Clarity

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Yeah, I don't intend use something like this theory again, but now that's it null, here it is.

Please don't.  While it has caught out a couple of people in past games, both village and elim, it is not a tactic that should be used.  As it uses wording from the GM PM it is skirting the rules a little.

49 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I'd have to agree. An elim thug would be useful, though I'd venture to guess if they had a Mistborn, they probably wouldn't have a separate thug.

Ah, I wasn't sure how much player-written write-ups were edited for accuracy. That makes sense then.

I'm not sure yet who to vote on this cycle. No one so far has stood out as possible elim. Does anyone have solid arguments yet?

Really?  I see no reason why they couldn't have both.  A Mistborn isn't as powerful as many believe.  Sure they have access to every ability in the game but only one power per cycle and they can't pick which one.  A lot is down to luck with that role.  

My rule of thumb is to not take anything from the RP part of the write up as canon.  If there are clues, great but if there aren't and we follow them then we just open ourselves up for manipulation by the Elims.

I really want to vote for you.  :P  You're Thugness and my own distribution ideas leans me towards thinking you are evil.  (As do the Gods of Luck and Chance but we'll set that aside for now.)  Apart from that, Snipexe did say during D2 that they forgot the game was running D1 when there wasn't a kill and Gancho saying that CadCom was an Elim kill when they shouldn't know that are setting off bells for me.  As things currently stand it is very likely I will be voting on one of you three.  Not a lot to go on but it's more than I had a cycle ago.

9 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Really?  I see no reason why they couldn't have both.  A Mistborn isn't as powerful as many believe.  Sure they have access to every ability in the game but only one power per cycle and they can't pick which one.  A lot is down to luck with that role.  

My rule of thumb is to not take anything from the RP part of the write up as canon.  If there are clues, great but if there aren't and we follow them then we just open ourselves up for manipulation by the Elims.

I really want to vote for you.  :P  You're Thugness and my own distribution ideas leans me towards thinking you are evil.  (As do the Gods of Luck and Chance but we'll set that aside for now.)  Apart from that, Snipexe did say during D2 that they forgot the game was running D1 when there wasn't a kill and Gancho saying that CadCom was an Elim kill when they shouldn't know that are setting off bells for me.  As things currently stand it is very likely I will be voting on one of you three.  Not a lot to go on but it's more than I had a cycle ago.

My thought was more for the number of elims it would essentially create. In a game of 15 players, having 3 elims makes sense. However, give two of those elims 2 lives, and suddenly you basically have 5 elims (though with limited ability). That's a third of the living players.

On a counter to my own point, that would be balanced well with a thug and Mistborn among village.

Feel free to vote on me, but I'd encourage people to look at why beyond my general Thugness. Just because I'm thug doesn't mean I'm elim. If there's a good reason beyond that, go for it.

Just for clarity, I'm a villager and not actually encouraging people to vote on me. But I recognize an elim would say that too.

11 minutes ago, Elandera said:

My thought was more for the number of elims it would essentially create. In a game of 15 players, having 3 elims makes sense. However, give two of those elims 2 lives, and suddenly you basically have 5 elims (though with limited ability). That's a third of the living players.

On a counter to my own point, that would be balanced well with a thug and Mistborn among village.

More like 4 lives with the chance of a fifth.  As you pointed out ,balanced with a Village Mistborn.  The odds of an Elim Mistborn pulling Pewter the same cycle they get lynched is high enough that even I wouldn't bet on it.  If done however, the gambits they could pull would be great.

I kinda want this to happen now.

10 minutes ago, Alvron said:

More like 4 lives with the chance of a fifth.  As you pointed out ,balanced with a Village Mistborn.  The odds of an Elim Mistborn pulling Pewter the same cycle they get lynched is high enough that even I wouldn't bet on it.  If done however, the gambits they could pull would be great.

I kinda want this to happen now.

And that's what I get for not thoroughly reading rules. I didn't realize Mistborn powers were one random per cycle. In that case, yes, it fully makes sense to have a thug in the elim team.