Looks like Bort's vote was soothed away, probably by the village soother. Because I don't think Bort is a likely elim, given their vote last cycle, and I don't see reason for elims to soothe their vote off? And the elims forgot to put their order in XD Despite my reminder to everybody. Nice. And thank you. :P

Xinoehp's a villager, and the votes on them were pretty random. Though it was C1 so that was expected.

Drake is tentatively in my villagers list seeing as he was up for the lynch and no one tried to counter it, really.

Edit1: 

@Gancho Libre Cycle one is over so that thread should've been locked :P This is the current cycle's thread, where the discussion and all will take place. And yeah, RP all you want! It's totally common to keep RPing.

Edited by _Stick_

@_Stick_ Personally, I would say that my vote could have been a type of counter vote, But since it's me, I am not going to say that. I don't want people thinking I'm elim when I'm not.:D

@Gancho Libre Yes, In QFs there's no distinction between day and night. Just 24 hour repetetive cycles. 

I am currently in the process of doing surface analysis of all players. Will post more shortly

8 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

Gotcha. so in this cycle, is it day again?

I'm sorry for all the questions. :) I'm just making sure I don't mess up.

Actually, since this is a QF (quick fix), day and night turns are combined. So this being cycle 2, is Day2 and Night2 combined. We vote and take actions both in the 24 hours that we have from when the cycle starts. You don't need to apologise :P ....ninjad by CadCom. 

6 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

@_Stick_ Personally, I would say that my vote could have been a type of counter vote, But since it's me, I am not going to say that. I don't want people thinking I'm elim when I'm not.:D

Well, yeah, but that only out Drake in a three-way tie, which still put him in considerable jeopardy...

Edit1: of course, he could be an elim thug. That's a possibility.

Edited by _Stick_

So here's the first 9 players

Araris: Wants everyone to practice PM safety. Poke votes Itiah, then removes vote, Votes Drake for violating PM safety. Neutral read so far.

Elandera: Poke votes Devotary, later retracts, jokingly contributes to discussion about whether or not to role claim in PMs. Neutral/slight elim. I feel like they are trying to avoid radar

Xinoehp512: Dead, vanilla village. Cadcom and Drake voted together, and Drake was the other target for lynch. I am one of the voters, and I will say that it's just coincidence. Nothing to read there.  Confirmed village

Lopenthetwoarmedherdazian: No posts yet, Very Neutral

Arraenae: Parody style comments. Comments on Role claim discussion Neutral/slight elim.  I feel like they are trying to avoid radar.

Itiah: RP, joins game to remove poke vote. Maybe I'm crazy, but i think that usually Itiah contributes more D1. I'll have to check. But from my recollection, this seems out of character. Neutral for now, but on my radar

Snip: Posts only to avoid inactivity. Neutral, not enough info yet

Devotary: RP. Poke votes Snip, then removes poke vote, says that this character "won't sew chaos" like the last game (MR29? or LG 46? I want to check his alignment in the referenced game) Read dependent on how he flipped in those games, and which game specifcally is being referenced.

Cadcom(Me): I want to preface this with "obviously I am villager" Plays RP, Notes Schedule, Poke votes Xino, then retracts it, then replaces vote, causing xino lynch. If I weren't me, I would suggest that perhaps this was a failed late attempt to start a counter-lynch. But I am me, so I won't suggest that. :lol: It also seems like he has been more active than normal. Perhaps this is due to the timing of rollover? Or maybe it's because he has a different type of role? or maybe it's because the last game he was in, there was a discussion about how some people start to get readable playstyles, so he doesn't want to have one, so he is trying to mix it up. Confirmed village

Of course all of this is speculation. I'm just trying to generate discussion. I will get an analysis on the rest up in a little bit.

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Actually, since this is a QF (quick fix), day and night turns are combined. So this being cycle 2, is Day2 and Night2 combined. We vote and take actions both in the 24 hours that we have from when the cycle starts. You don't need to apologise :P ....ninjad by CadCom. 

Well, yeah, but that only out Drake in a three-way tie, which still put him in considerable jeopardy...

Edit1: of course, he could be an elim thug. That's a possibility.

The write-up suggests a 3 way tie, but in reviewing C1, and looking at vote count, I only see a two way tie. Did I miss something?

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

We might want to look toward the inactive less active players this cycle, for two reasons. The elim kill wasn't sent in, which could mean one or more eliminators is inactive/low active. Also, everyone needs to participate this cycle. Because that's how we win the game. With that in mind, Snipexe, why didn't you vote last cycle? Your vote (and reasoning that leads to it) is the best way for us to get information about you.

@TheMightyLopen Could you elaborate more on why you think we should roleclaim? I'm opposed to that sort of thing for a couple of reasons, but I also haven't played a QF in a year or more, so I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. My main reason against a game-wide role reveal is that I think it takes away from the game when people start trying to guess the role distribution of the elim team, and voting based on that, rather than trying to solve the game through discussion and votes.

27 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

RP. Poke votes Snip, then removes poke vote, says that this character "won't sew chaos" like the last game (MR29? or LG 46? I want to check his alignment in the referenced game) Read dependent on how he flipped in those games, and which game specifcally is being referenced.

That was from MR29, when Elandera and I were both evil. Both Elandera and Wonko, seeing that they could die, accidentally said that they would 'sew chaos' instead of the correct 'sow chaos'. Having nothing better to do, I posted images related to sewing in the elim doc. The three way tie was due to the fact that Bort had voted for himself, but then his vote was removed, presumably by a Soother.

So it turns out

By Elandera, D1

Hello, I'm here now. Lets do a bit of poke voting to get people here, shall we? Devotary. @Devotary of Spontaneity, do you plan on "sewing" any chaos this game?

and this

By Devotary, D1

Leidene hates sewing, a product of spending far too much of her life indoors. She much prefers exploring the outside, even though she can't walk without her cane.

Are a reference to MR 29. Sewing chaos was mentioned in the Elim doc. I find it unlikely that Elan would publicly announce a joke about a previous elim doc if they were both in the Elim doc this time around. So if one of those two flips elim, I would clear the other as village.

Edit: Ninja'd:ph34r:

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

The write-up suggests a 3 way tie, but in reviewing C1, and looking at vote count, I only see a two way tie. Did I miss something?

Bort's vote on themself was soothed away, making it a two-way tie between Drake and Xinoe

6 hours ago, Straw said:

-Activity was high during the first day, but a certain Herdazian never showed up! @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian if you do not post today, you will either die or be replaced by a pinch hitter.

Two roads diverged for our Bort,
And sorry he could not travel both
And play the game, to enjoy the sport
He looked down one as far as he could
To see how it would make the game goeth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because he'd be gameless in a chair;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, he voted himself for that day!
For knowing how silence leads on to silence,
He doubted if he should ever come back.

I shall be telling this to the court
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in the game, and Bort—
He took the one without replacement,
And that has made all the difference.
Edited by Arraenae
Changed the post link after threads were merged

14 hours ago, Elandera said:

Uh oh! Your Gods of Luck and Chance don't seem to like me much. It's not the first time they've gone after me.

They had very good reason to not like you last game.  Makes me wonder why they don't seem to like you this game....

4 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I don't want people thinking I'm elim when I'm not.:D

Why not?  It's fun.

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

We might want to look toward the inactive less active players this cycle, for two reasons. The elim kill wasn't sent in, which could mean one or more eliminators is inactive/low active. Also, everyone needs to participate this cycle. Because that's how we win the game. With that in mind, Snipexe, why didn't you vote last cycle? Your vote (and reasoning that leads to it) is the best way for us to get information about you.

I agree. I say we look for less active people this cycle, and start our suspicions from there. The slim might still not be active.

Also, we know Lopen didn't post last cycle, so could it be that he was one of the elims, and the reason he couldn't send in a kill was the same reason he didn't post?

Edited by I think I am here.

Huh, apparently I was up for lynch. Alv, what kind of animal crackers do the RNG prefer? :lol:

Also Rae your parodies continue to be great.

So ah... No elim kills.

A 3 elim team seems most likely. 4 would be a bit much, unless the village got a really generous role distribution, which I'm pretty sure we didn't (you'll have to PM me and trade to get my own role, but I will say that a significant sample of the people I've already role swapped with are vanilla).

I don't believe all of the elims are inactive.

They probably have a fair bit of power roles. I have a few reasons to believe this:

• Probably some of the elims wanted to use their power roles, and had a designated killer who was either vanilla or had a power they didn't need. And that one person forgot. This seems a lot more likely than all 3 of them forgetting.
  • A 3 elim team is a little light (25% is a common rule of thumb and this is 20%), and role distribution is a very likely way to balance that.
  • A totally vanilla elim team seems unlikely.
  • Thematically, spikes give powers, so it makes sense.

Maybe they got one vanilla, maybe they have all powers, but I'm pretty sure we are dealing with 3 elims, with at least 2 power roles.

I'd say there's an above average chance that one of their roles is a smoker, and a pretty decent chance that they have either a vote manip or a mistborn, or both.

Idk what the soother on Bort was doing. I also don't remember Bort voting on himself though. Have we checked that he actually did vote on himself, and wasn't rioted and soothed at the same time or something? Also Bort could have self-soothed possibly, although the writeup implies otherwise.

Anyway, that's all kind of a tangent because alignments matter a lot more than roles. But I'll get to that. At some point.

4 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Idk what the soother on Bort was doing. I also don't remember Bort voting on himself though. Have we checked that he actually did vote on himself, and wasn't rioted and soothed at the same time or something? Also Bort could have self-soothed possibly, although the writeup implies otherwise.

Hi guys, I'm here, but with bad news. A slight, temporary lack of internet at home means it isn't really feasible for me to continue this game, which is really annoying since it just started. This would basically mean I am here for the end of the first three cycles, then am off for the next four. Not a great start to a QF.

Sorry Straw, I know this was really bad timing :(

Bort.

From http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/69418-quick-fix-game-32-a-new-adventure/?do=findComment&comment=716448

26 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Huh, apparently I was up for lynch. Alv, what kind of animal crackers do the RNG prefer? :lol:

Also Bort could have self-soothed possibly, although the writeup implies otherwise.

Iced ones are what I use but that's because I can't find uniced animal crackers.  Only burn the whole crackers and not the broken ones.  I did that once and they were not pleased at all.

I'm hesitant to go on the write ups for what happens.  Some GMs include clues but very, very few outright say what happens.  Bartbug is the only one I can think of.

32 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Iced ones are what I use but that's because I can't find uniced animal crackers.  Only burn the whole crackers and not the broken ones.  I did that once and they were not pleased at all.

I'm hesitant to go on the write ups for what happens.  Some GMs include clues but very, very few outright say what happens.  Bartbug is the only one I can think of.

Ah, my thanks.

And yep, the writeup RP is not to fully be trusted, which is why I bring up the possibility.

Guys, I know that the cycle doesn't end for ~14.5 hours, but I'll be asleep for most of those. It would be nice if people could start voting.

@Drake Marshall, @Alvron, @Arraenae, @I think I am here., @Cadmium Compounder, @_Stick_, @Devotary of Spontaneity, you all have posted, so you're good as far as the activity filter is concerned, but you haven't voted. And I'm going to move my vote from Snipexe to Itiah. I find it somewhat suspicious that you say we should go after inactives/low actives (or agree with me saying that), but then don't vote yourself.

36 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Guys, I know that the cycle doesn't end for ~14.5 hours, but I'll be asleep for most of those. It would be nice if people could start voting.

@Drake Marshall, @Alvron, @Arraenae, @I think I am here., @Cadmium Compounder, @_Stick_, @Devotary of Spontaneity, you all have posted, so you're good as far as the activity filter is concerned, but you haven't voted.

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of not being online near the end of a cycle but I'm also not one for voting in the middle of a cycle.  I want as much time as I can get before voting so I have as much information as possible.  I will have a vote down before I go but it will likely be the last post I make before I'm off for the cycle.

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of not being online near the end of a cycle but I'm also not one for voting in the middle of a cycle.  I want as much time as I can get before voting so I have as much information as possible.  I will have a vote down before I go but it will likely be the last post I make before I'm off for the cycle.

^

Edited by Drake Marshall
Needed to add a quote because that REALLY didn't work with the page break XD