306 posts in this topic

heyyoooo

I don't think there is much to say right now, but if everybody stays silent then we don't really gain anything, so I guess we have to spark discussion somehow. So! On the number of elims, I'd say there's maybe 3, judging by the number of players. 4 is also probable, but my gut says three. 3 elims with one of them a Mistborn against 12 villagers seems plausible enough, no? Also, reminder for people with roles to put their orders in before the cycle ends! QFs are so quick I often forget to put orders in and before I know it, the cycle's over.:P Aaandd PMs are open, which is nice. But don't just stick to PMs! Say stuff here too, please. :D

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so you all know my schedule a bit, I should be relatively active right after rollover for a few hours, and then a few hours before rollover each day, but during the middle of the cycle, my activity will be lower, On weekdays. 

On weekends, I hope to be able to get on enough to not fall victim to inactivity. This weekend's going to busy... so we'll see how this goes. 

As for now, I want to get things going, so I'm going to try a poke vote to someone, who I see might be active.Checking... It looks like i'm the only one on recently viewing. 

So, @xinoehp512 Are you alive? What say ye? Xinoehp This vote carries no weight, unless you don't comment. as long as some comment is made, I will remove this vote.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels like I haven't played SE in a while...I'm excited! :D

I looked over the rules, and the only thing that really stuck out to me that I felt should be pointed out is that tied lynches result in multiple deaths(at least 2) and there is no minimum vote needed. If I was an eliminator, which I'm obviously not, I'd totally try to use that at some point to get multiple villagers killed. Especially if the elims have got some vote manipulation. So we need to be careful of that. Maybe try to always have a 3 vote lead on our lynches or something.

I'll vote on Alvron, since he was clearly in favor of confusing the village before the game even started! Nevermind that I felt the same way... :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I looked over the rules, and the only thing that really stuck out to me that I felt should be pointed out is that tied lynches result in multiple deaths(at least 2) and there is no minimum vote needed. If I was an eliminator, which I'm obviously not, I'd totally try to use that at some point to get multiple villagers killed. Especially if the elims have got some vote manipulation. So we need to be careful of that. Maybe try to always have a 3 vote lead on our lynches or something.

Yeah, we better be careful. They probably do have a vote manip. It makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

If I was an eliminator, which I'm obviously not

Why's that? :ph34r:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Why's that? :ph34r:

If you don't know I'm not gonna tell you. ;) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

If you don't know I'm not gonna tell you. ;) 

I'm also obviously not an eliminator. 

I'm also pretty sure most of us will say that.

Except Kidpen. Kidpen always claims to be Eliminator when s/he gets the chance.

Edit: It turns out Kidpen isn't playing this game.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ela pulled her cloak close around her as she made her way through the mists. It wasn't as effective as a mistcloak, but the few people outside at this hour would stay clear of a dark, near-shapeless figure. She'd heard rumors of Inquisitors doing strange work in these parts at night. The Steel Ministry was next on her list of the Lord Ruler's establishments to scam. She'd already taken care of the Canton of Finance-- a rather easy task-- and the Canton of Resource. She knew the Steel Ministry would be difficult, but that was the fun of it.

A wicked smile formed on her face as she thought of the thrill of scamming the obligators and Inquisitors.

She would need help. She needed a very skilled crew. That's where she was headed in the misty night full of rain. To meet with a man who claimed to know the best crew in town, willing to take risks.

---------------------

Hello, I'm here now. Lets do a bit of poke voting to get people here, shall we? Devotary. @Devotary of Spontaneity, do you plan on "sewing" any chaos this game?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rae: Let's get down to business to find the Spiked
Did they send me quiet ones when I asked for fun?
You're the saddest bunch
I ever met
But you can bet before we're through
Newbies, we'll make analysts out of you

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your style
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, sad, inactive lot
And you haven't got a clue
Somehow we'll make analysts out of you

Villager 1: I'm never gonna catch up inthread
Say goodbye to those who knew me
Villager 2: Boy, was I fool in school for cutting lit
Straw: This girl's got 'em scared to death
Elim: Hope she doesn't see right through me
Now I really wish that I knew how to bluff

Chorus: Be Aman
Rae: We must be swift as the coursing river
Chorus: Be Wilson
Rae: With all the force of a great typhoon
Chorus: Be Orlok
Rae: With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Welcome to the SE, @Gancho Libre:) Aman, Wilson, Orlok, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :P

Edited by Arraenae
Added a link
9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only going to say this once, PM safety guys! If you're new, that means don't roleclaim in PMs. The elims are in every single PM. Paranoia is your best friend.

3. xinoehp512 (Demmanu) @xinoehp512
4. LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian (Lopen) @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian
6. I think I am here (Itiah III) @I think I am here.
7. Snipexe (Snip) @Snipexe
8. Devotary of Spontaneity (
Leidene Larabeck) @Devotary of Spontaneity
10. Alvron (Vron) @Alvron
11. Gancho Libre (
Rhawnie Mackahoe) @Gancho Libre
12. Bort (
Joe Bourbon) @Bort
14. Drake Marshall (Jay) @Drake Marshall

It's only been 5 hours, but these are the people we haven't heard from. I'll drop a poke vote on Itiah III. Speak now, or forever Rest in Peace. Once we have over 50% participation, or 16 hours left, whichever happens first, I'm going to pick someone I want dead and vote for them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm only going to say this once, PM safety guys! If you're new, that means don't roleclaim in PMs. The elims are in every single PM. Paranoia is your best friend.

3. xinoehp512 (Demmanu) @xinoehp512
4. LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian (Lopen) @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian
6. I think I am here (Itiah III) @I think I am here.
7. Snipexe (Snip) @Snipexe
8. Devotary of Spontaneity (
Leidene Larabeck) @Devotary of Spontaneity
10. Alvron (Vron) @Alvron
11. Gancho Libre (
Rhawnie Mackahoe) @Gancho Libre
12. Bort (
Joe Bourbon) @Bort
14. Drake Marshall (Jay) @Drake Marshall

It's only been 5 hours, but these are the people we haven't heard from. I'll drop a poke vote on Itiah III. Speak now, or forever Rest in Peace. Once we have over 50% participation, or 16 hours left, whichever happens first, I'm going to pick someone I want dead and vote for them.

Hi.

Wow, posts are actually happening now. Gimme a sec to read 'em.

PM safety is good, yep. Although I kind of traded roles with somebody already. No regrets :P

EDIT: Rae, your decision to communicate in parodies is beautiful.

Also, we can kill multiple people in one lynch?

To be honest, that sounds really useful to me.

Kind of pointless to do that on day 1 when we don't know enough, but later on when we have better leads, we should think about leveraging that rule to get more out of our lynches.

Edited by Drake Marshall
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

PM safety is good, yep. Although I kind of traded roles with somebody already. No regrets :P

I'm glad someone has the same moral integrety as me! 

"It's good to do this, but I don't care!" 

I've reached the point, where instead of thinking "I better not do this," I think "Ahh... What the heck, let's try it, and see what happens!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean we shouldn't just tell everyone what we are? That sounds boring!

But seriously, you can't trust anyone. No one. Everyone will betray you. You must think everyone else is an eliminator until there is undeniable facts proving otherwise. Don't believe anything anyone tells you. It's a lie. Except that. I'm not lying when I say everyone lies. This time at least.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

It's only been 5 hours, but these are the people we haven't heard from. I'll drop a poke vote on Itiah III. Speak now, or forever Rest in Peace. Once we have over 50% participation, or 16 hours left, whichever happens first, I'm going to pick someone I want dead and vote for them.

Is it just me or is "Speak now or forever rest in peace" significantly less threatening when followed by "Once we have over 50% participation, or 16 hours left, whichever happens firs, I'm going to pick on someone I want dead and vote for them. (Emphasis added)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Elandera said:

But seriously, you can't trust anyone. No one. Everyone will betray you. You must think everyone else is an eliminator until there is undeniable facts proving otherwise. Don't believe anything anyone tells you. It's a lie. Except that. I'm not lying when I say everyone lies. This time at least.

Lies! All lies!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm only going to say this once, PM safety guys! If you're new, that means don't roleclaim in PMs. The elims are in every single PM. Paranoia is your best friend.

^^^^^ Claiming this early isn't a good idea, even if you're just a vanilla. Elims can use that info to narrow down their list of people with roles.

 

17 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Also, we can kill multiple people in one lynch?

To be honest, that sounds really useful to me.

Kind of pointless to do that on day 1 when we don't know enough, but later on when we have better leads, we should think about leveraging that rule to get more out of our lynches.

I don't know. I mean, it sounds more like a tip in the elims' favour to me. I think we would be better off killing one player a day, and then using info from their flip to analyse or reach conclusions on the lynch candidates that weren't lynched. Lynching two people doesn't seem favourable, especially in a QF.

13 minutes ago, Elandera said:

You must think everyone else is an eliminator until there is undeniable facts proving otherwise.

And these undeniable facts only count as undeniable facts when it's the GM stating them in the write-up posts. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I don't know. I mean, it sounds more like a tip in the elims' favour to me. I think we would be better off killing one player a day, and then using info from their flip to analyse or reach conclusions on the lynch candidates that weren't lynched. Lynching two people doesn't seem favourable, especially in a QF.

Theoretically, while the village has majority, a double lynch gives the village an additional kill, a bit like a vig kill.

This only works if we feel good enough about our leads, but there is a certain stage in the game where a double lynch could benefit the village.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Hi.

Wow, posts are actually happening now. Gimme a sec to read 'em.

PM safety is good, yep. Although I kind of traded roles with somebody already. No regrets :P

EDIT: Rae, your decision to communicate in parodies is beautiful.

Also, we can kill multiple people in one lynch?

To be honest, that sounds really useful to me.

Kind of pointless to do that on day 1 when we don't know enough, but later on when we have better leads, we should think about leveraging that rule to get more out of our lynches.

I'm not completely against multiple lynches, I actually really like the idea and have used that mechanic in both games I've run I think, but it is dangerous to try because of vote manipulation.

Normally I'd agree that claiming this early isn't a good idea, but this is a QF with possibly multiple kills happening every 24 hours, so I say better to make connections and try to figure out who's trying to figure stuff out than "waiting for more information."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Normally I'd agree that claiming this early isn't a good idea, but this is a QF with possibly multiple kills happening every 24 hours, so I say better to make connections and try to figure out who's trying to figure stuff out than "waiting for more information."

Plus, if you role claim, no one will know if you are actually lying, and you can enter into an ikyk, while also trying to get info from other players. Because it's such a short game, it will take long enough to determine whether or not you're lying that it could be of benefit to you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Plus, if you role claim, no one will know if you are actually lying, and you can enter into an ikyk, while also trying to get info from other players. Because it's such a short game, it will take long enough to determine whether or not you're lying that it could be of benefit to you.

While this is true, the elims need to kill somebody off every cycle. Which means that if somebody claims a powerful role to an elim, they'd kill them, for lack of a better target. And while most people would false claim, I've seen a lot of people truthfully claiming to elims because they thought they were trust worthy, but then getting killed for it. But...yeahhh, regardless of all that, role trading is fun. xD Let the role claim madness begin! XD

 

inb4:

Spoiler

Untitled.png.a221591bfc076ad565b399e70b41de9a.png

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On that amazing note, I am heading home, I'll see you all before rollover! Maybe I'll have time to pop back in in a couple of minutes too!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luthadel was even bigger than Urteau, a fact Leidene was reminded of yet again as she stood atop the city walls. Not that Leidene had spent much time in Urteau. As the scion of a minor house, she had been expected to spend her life preparing to marry a man from whatever noble house would take her. Unsurprisingly, no nobles had wanted anything to do with a woman who flinched away from touch and jumped at shadows, as much as she could jump with a disfigured leg. At least the permanent limp gave her an excuse to carry around a cane wherever she went. Though the meter long length of wood wouldn't provide nearly as much protection in a fight as the pair of guards who had helped her ascend the staircase would, there was something comforting about having any ability, however minuscule, to defend herself.

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

@Devotary of Spontaneity, do you plan on "sewing" any chaos this game?

Leidene hates sewing, a product of spending far too much of her life indoors. She much prefers exploring the outside, even though she can't walk without her cane.

I see Snipexe browsing the thread, but not yet posting. I hear that you're a person, but what kind of person are you, @Snipexe?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To motivate myself to cast a real vote before the cycle's end, I'm voting Drake.

Now, if if I fail to change it to a serious vote before rollover, I'll suffer a vote against myself :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vote count:

Xinoehp(1): CadCom

Alv(1): Lopen

I think I am here(1): Araris

Snipexe(1): DoS

Drake(1): Drake

This vote count is horrifying. xD Hopefully it won't look anything like this by the end of the cycle, because we don't want the elims getting to pick who gets lynched. :rolleyes: It's almost 2 AM so I'll check in tomorrow and vote.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm only going to say this once, PM safety guys! If you're new, that means don't roleclaim in PMs. The elims are in every single PM. Paranoia is your best friend.

3. xinoehp512 (Demmanu) @xinoehp512
4. LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian (Lopen) @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian
6. I think I am here (Itiah III) @I think I am here.
7. Snipexe (Snip) @Snipexe
8. Devotary of Spontaneity (
Leidene Larabeck) @Devotary of Spontaneity
10. Alvron (Vron) @Alvron
11. Gancho Libre (
Rhawnie Mackahoe) @Gancho Libre
12. Bort (
Joe Bourbon) @Bort
14. Drake Marshall (Jay) @Drake Marshall

It's only been 5 hours, but these are the people we haven't heard from. I'll drop a poke vote on Itiah III. Speak now, or forever Rest in Peace. Once we have over 50% participation, or 16 hours left, whichever happens first, I'm going to pick someone I want dead and vote for them.

Today, the part of Kas will be played by Araris.  Although I would like to know why you think the Elims are in every PM.  As far as I'm aware there is no PM spying ability.

Also, be aware folks that for me rollover is at 4am.  A time where either I'm asleep or wishing I was asleep.  You are not going to get anything from me for the first 5 hours at the start of a cycle and 7 hours at the end of a cycle..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.