Finally worked up the courage....

AshBorn

Hi! I've actually had an account for a while now, and have finally built up the courage to post here. I have 100% been stalking this site for well over a year now, and became a huge Brandon Sanderson/Cosmere fan about 4-5 years ago when I finished reading Way of Kings and had to wait for Words of Radiance to come out. I've read most of Sanderson's Cosmere books, except for White Sands 2 (which I need to place a hold at the library for) and then the two short stories: Shadows of Silence in the Forest of Hell, and Sixth of the Dusk, which I'm saving for a rainy day. AKA when I feel like I can't wait for Stormlight 4 any longer. Anyway, basically I am a shy, introverted, cannot do small talk if my life depended on it Bookworm. But, I am super excited to (hopefully) participate more on this site, as long as I can convince myself to do so! 

Edited by AshBorn

Thank you! It is so difficult to choose one favorite! I really like Renarin, Kelsier, Susebron, and Kaladin though. Renarin, because I see a lot of myself in him (I have some sort of social anxiety, so I sympathize with him), Kelsier (because he makes me smile anytime I read about him), Susebron, (because he is basically the sweetest person, and too good for the Cosmere), and Kaladin (because I love his story line, character growth, and I just really like his character in general. Also I’d really like to give him a hug, he needs it). Those are (I think) my top favorite, and even they aren’t in any specific order. And there are at least 10 other characters I could name right now that could probably be in the top spot, but for now these four are in the top.

How about you? Who’s your favorite character?

I know the feeling! There's just so many great characters. I think right now my favourite is Kelsier. I love how if he'd been in a different circumstance he could have become a villain, but he ended up being a great hero instead (plus he's super quotable!). 

39 minutes ago, Archer said:

I know the feeling! There's just so many great characters. I think right now my favourite is Kelsier. I love how if he'd been in a different circumstance he could have become a villain, but he ended up being a great hero instead (plus he's super quotable!). 

Yes!! Kelsier is great! And your right, there are so many good Kelsier quotes.

19 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Welcome to the Shard! What forums have been your favorite to follow and watch since you've had your account?

I’ve mainly been looking at the Oathbringer forums lately, just because that has been my most recent Sanderson book I’ve read. Also the meme forums, they are hilarious :lol: