Lerasium Hemalurgy Fan Theory [All Mistborn]

LiquidBlue

As I understand it, in hemalurgy, atium is a universal spike capable of stealing any attribute (if the person making the spike has the proper knowledge).

We also know the feruchemical and allomatic properties of Atium.

We don't know any of the feruchemical, allomatic, or hemalurgical properties of Lerasium.

Assuming that Lerasium can be used in hemalurgy (which seems reasonable, Trellium is hemalurgically viable), I propose that it would make spikes that don't suffer from hemalurgical decay. The attributes are preserved.

Lerasium shouldn't compete with Atium as a universal spike. Without any real evidence, I'll suggest that Lerasium spikes can steal allomatic power (since it is Preservation's magic system), and perhaps human attributes (since there is a little more of Preservation in humans than Ruin.)

Further theory: Harmonium, if it can be used without blowing up, is both a universal spike (from Ruin), and doesn't suffer from hemalurgical decay (from Preservation).

sidenote: Is Trellium a universal spike? In shadows of self, it steals both allomatic and feruchemical abilities, and is used to make the hemalurgical constructs (apparantly from stolen animal attributes)

I think Atium still has plenty advantage over Trellium simply because it's the same investure as the magic system. And only harmony knows the full application of Atium or even Lerasium. I think Lerasium hemalurgy has some funky effects.

Or maybe it completely does nothing.

Which only harmony knows as well 

Edited by goody153

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 7:52 AM, NoiseSpren said:

Lerasium is of Perservation. Perservation and hemalurgy cannot be used in one sentence. I think lerasium is not friend with hemalurgy.:angry:

It would work for all three, but would it maybe cause an affect where Hemalurgy was in this spike good, like it could steal any attribute, but instead of losing enregy, you would gain power. Who knows?

17 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

It would work for all three, but would it maybe cause an affect where Hemalurgy was in this spike good, like it could steal any attribute, but instead of losing enregy, you would gain power. Who knows?

None of the Shards are inherently good or evil. Morality is not a part of the intent. 

Preservation as "good" is only true in contrast to ruin. A godmetal in another system isn't going to change the mechanics of that system. Lerasium should still leak, just like Atium granted power instead of causing loss in Allomancy. 

Edited by Calderis

10 hours ago, Calderis said:

None of the Shards are inherently good or evil. Morality is not a part of the intent. 

Preservation as "good" is only true in contrast to ruin. A godmetal in another system isn't going to change the mechanics of that system. Lerasium should still leak, just like Atium granted power instead of causing loss in Allomancy. 

Oh. That is true, so I wonder what the effect would be? Maybe Lerasium could steal full mistborn powers? And Ettmetal could steal full feruchemy? It is interesting to think about. 

On 6/7/2018 at 11:26 AM, LiquidBlue said:

Assuming that Lerasium can be used in hemalurgy (which seems reasonable, Trellium is hemalurgically viable), I propose that it would make spikes that don't suffer from hemalurgical decay. The attributes are preserved.

Thing is let say u are 100 percent correct . Why would anybody want to use Lerasium as. A spike ? They could break the spike up and make 7 or 8 beads  . Making themselves a Mistborn , they could take 3 beads and be a triple strong Mistborn . Unless your going to use the spike and steal Ferachemicsl powers and only get one ! I’d make myself and all my family a Mistborn and sell the other beads for a fortune!

BrandySandy said that using lerasium for a spike is like using a nuclear bomb as a paperweight.

My proposition is that it steals beeing a full mistbron. Doesn't work on anything else, just full mistborn. 

On 6/25/2018 at 7:42 AM, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

Thing is let say u are 100 percent correct . Why would anybody want to use Lerasium as. A spike ? They could break the spike up and make 7 or 8 beads  . Making themselves a Mistborn , they could take 3 beads and be a triple strong Mistborn . Unless your going to use the spike and steal Ferachemicsl powers and only get one ! I’d make myself and all my family a Mistborn and sell the other beads for a fortune!

I wouldn't suggest that actually using Lerasium as a spike makes sense in terms of power potential. I am just speculating and offering a theory about Lerasium hemalurgy.

16 hours ago, Szmit said:

BrandySandy said that using lerasium for a spike is like using a nuclear bomb as a paperweight.

• Chaos locked this topic