Hey all. Long time creeper, first time speaker here.

Like most of us here, I think, I'm a nerd. I built Lego models when I was a kid, computers when I was in highschool, and I've been playing D&D for years now (longer than I've been reading Sanderon's works, in fact). I've always loved the freedom that comes with tabletop RPGs like Pathfinder and D&D, so I've brought it upon myself to find a way to merge these passions of mine with the works of the Cosmere into a single, fun-to-share project.

Enter: The Cosmere Universe Guide. A mostly brand-new set of rules and character options for D&D 5e. I've been working on this project off-and-on for the better part of a year now, and while I've made a great deal of progress, I'm starting to hit a wall in some areas. That's why I'm here now;

Who wants to make a game?

While I personally have no idea how, say, a spren's decision to bond a radiant works, I'm willing to bet that there's someone on here who's made it their life's goal to figure out the most minute of details.

Right now, I'm struggling to flesh out one of the new classes; the Allomancer. I'll post a link to the WIP document, so you can see what I'm talking about. As you can imagine, writting a class with 16 sub-classes, based on a magic with strict rules we don't fully understand is a little difficult.

Any ideas or suggestions for new class abilities or changes to existing powers are welcome, and I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about an actual full-scale Cosmere RPG!

Thanks

AllomancerWIP.pdf

Handbook Cover_Front Cover.jpg

Edited by Canton of Unorthodoxy

@Voidus

You're obviously quite far into this, but Voidus has been doing something similar recently. Conveniently, the only thing's he's done is the Allomancer and Feruchemist.

Edit: Also, 1200th post.

Edited by Kidpen

Thanks for the tip, @Kidpen !

I'll try and get in touch with Voidus and see if he's willing to exchange ideas.

While I love the streamlined design of making a metal's effects into a spell, though, I was intending to cater the class more towards the AoL's mistings and twinborn than towards the Final Empire's mistborn. That being said, perhaps there's potential there for an additional "mistborn" sub-class, using Voidus's clever technique to keep things balanced.

I love D&D and Cosmere, so your idea here is brilliant! Unfortunately, due to various problems on my computer, I can't read your pdf, but I can link you to something else I saw along the same lines! (Although it is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors)

@5ith Ideal Huh... Weird about not being able to read the pdf... Is it something on your end (a broken reader program or something) or something wrong with my file itself? Is there anything I can do to make it easier to access?

As for the Mistborn doc, it's interesting to see the metals measured in units of weight-per-time. Seems a little counter-intuitive for a game like D&D, since the turn-based nature of the game means every action is "over time". Still, though; any reference is good reference, so thanks!