Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

Nalizar watches these proceedings from around a hundred feet in the air, half-Lashed up to remain weightless. He couldn't hear the conversation below, but Yd was down there listening, to report back to him later.

Not that sure where Nalizar fits in here yet, so he'll just watch unless someone specifically involves him.

Naermen grunted, frustrated. She couldn't manage to use the Bestower's Lens. Leya watched her from across a desk, and this only made Naermen's frustration grow greater. She didn't know what she was doing wrong.

All of a sudden, Leya screamed in anger. Naermen jumped, feeling suddenly calm, and Leya jumped as well, a look of surprise on her face. Nawermen no longer felt any hint of anger or surprise at feeling no anger, as if her emotions had become a void.

Somewhere inside of her, she felt a warm, somehow beige, feeling. 'I like that analogy,' said the voice in her head. However, that beige feeling soon disappeared as Naermen continued staring at Leya. Leya, in a couple seconds, relaxed slightly. Because of this strange conundrum, Naermen felt surprised for an instant before that feeling disappeared yet again, causing Leya to jump back once more.

Naermen started at Leya, having no clue as to what was happening when her ignorance disappeared down the same chute her emotions had gone down. She understood everything about occulatorship, Crystallia, and countless other things. She was delighting in the concept, the darkness in her mind that dominated her training finally retreating.

This continued until Leya reached forwards and snatched the lens off Naermen's face.

Suddenly everything was gone, and Naermen's anger, confusion, surprise, that strange beige feeling, and all of her ignorance returning to her in one big wave.

Leya was breathing heavilly, as if having run a great distance. "I think," she said, "that you have the Bestower's Lens down,"

Edited by Gancho Libre

GK and I decided to end our duel, so for continuity purposes (I don't want to be in two different places at once) I'm going to drop Mace out of here for a bit so he can mediate some duels. 

Meanwhile, Mace had travelled to the CoC battlegrounds to oversee some fights. 

5 hours ago, ShardBreaker said:

"Coming!" Veil yelled as he walked towards Solace. "You said maybe Rhaizen wanted to see me, so lead the way."

"He is actual standing right behind me." Solace said. "You, Li TiaRu and Devaan, are more than welcome to come. Although I will say, if you talk about this to anyone else besides us, I will personally eliminate you. It won't be pleasant."

Solace turned and walked back to the council room, cloak swishing as he turned.

I’m going camping for a few days and not sure if I’m going to have service or not but I can’t see a reason for Li TaiRu to say behind. He will be there but probably quiet 

“I’ll join as well then” Replied, Li TaiRu   

Rhazien followed Solace back into the council room. The doors were closed with a loud bang, and the guards moved into place. Rhazien moved to stand by the main center throne which was surrounded by surrounded by six others on either side. Many of these were unclaimed. Akrasia, Tevarah, and Lopen/Death were the only members of the council that still held positions. Mack, Nei'an, Septimus, (AonEne), (Dwig Jigdens), and (Tineye Navigator) had fallen from favor due to many different reasons, but the main one was betrayal. Solace needed to strengthen the Ghostbloods and promote new council members, and not only that but new, loyal Ghostblood members.

"Li TaiRu, you will be training me, or rather Solace in Forgery, and I will be there to make sure that things don't look suspicious. Veil has the task of decorating my house for my party of departure from the Ghostbloods. This will occur in a forenight, as soon as we get the invitations out. There is quite an extensive list. And I need someone to assign the task to. Devaan, if you would kindly talk to @<redacted>, @<redacted> and @<redacted> that have eyes in the other guilds?"

Can someone reply so I can continue?

Edited by Mraize

Spoiler tag for length

Spoiler

Chronologically, I have a month before DWF.

6 days after the last write-up ended

Kane focused, allowing his Amberite to grow, to change. The crackling started. It soon formed into a solid crystal gauntlet. It was weird to use the thing. All his life, Kane had been dependent on the Metallic Arts. Now, he was instead using crystals and Stormlight. It was an odd perspective. Kane began to move his arms in circular patterns, accessing the Dor. He could sense it. It was odd. The Dor was constantly moving, trying to break free, trying to manifest. Kane was positive that only users of ChayShan could actually sense, and use the Dor for purposes other than magic. He could feel… Aons being drawn, by Elantrians. He could sense innocent souls, disappearing, their life force being transported into Dakhor monks. He could sense potions being brewed, Soulstamps beings applied. And… was that Bloodsealing? Interesting. It was used far less commonly than the other arts. Even on Roshar, Kane found he could reach the Dor. Hearing some branches crack and break, he crept forward, burning electrum for a small view into his future. When he met Nei’an, he had been reminded of electrum when the Aviar, Klaw, showed him his death. In the small bubbles floating on the edges of his vision, he saw no chances of death… yet. Suddenly, an enormous burst of Dor energy was released, and very close to where Kane was. He focused and interpreted it. An Essence Mark had just been applied.

Kane inhaled sharply, Stormlight flooding into his tired body. He suddenly was urged to move, to act. Sheer adrenaline coursed through his body. He still was new to the sensation. He Lashed himself in the direction where it had come from rapidly. He streaked through the forest, dodging trees and bushes, zipping and flitting around crazily. Finally, he broke through the forest and saw a person standing near a circular pool of water.  The person didn’t seem threatening. Kane landed beside the person.

A quiet masculine voice spoke.

“Strange, isn’t it? This perpendicularity sits here, essentially able to teleport you to any location, yet I did not use it. Instead I used my new experiment, space-time Essence Marks.” The man showed Kane a large stamp. “These marks change one’s position by changing their past. Change their choices of the past, to move them. It is temporary, of course. There is no permanent way to teleport. It will unravel in a day. My work on this planet is luckily nearby. But I knew that the best way to do it would be to summon a nearby Windrunner to Lash me off in the direction that I need to go in. A Windrunner that could sense the Dor. My first choice was you, of course.” The man looked Kane in the eye. “Will you send me to where I need to go? The payment, of course, will be this.” The man held up an odd bracelet, metal engraved with gems. “This device is made from various magic technologies. The Excisor built in allows you to occasionally summon Determination. The ettmetal increases your Allomantic prowess and lets you occasionally summon electrum to burn. The symbols let you start ChayShan faster. The stones give you more Amberite. And most importantly, the gems can summon Stormlight.”

Kane nodded.

The man handed the bracelet to Kane, who slipped it onto his wrist.

“Twist this to tighten it.” Kane did so.

“I need to reach Urithiru, immediately.” Kane inspected the bracelet, and willed Stormlight to appear in the gems. Suddenly, the gems flashed, and began to glow.

“Careful. It will summon Stormlight, but it will be several hours before you can do it again.” Kane nodded, then Lashed himself and the man upwards, then South by Southwest.

3 hours later

The pair landed at the bottom of Urithiru.

“Thank you.” The man said. “If you ever need me, grow a Soulstamp out of Amberite in this shape,” he said, showing a stamp to Kane, which Kane memorized and stuffed into his Coppermind. “and apply it to your skin. It will bring you directly to me for a day.”

And with that, the man walked away.

8 days later

Kane ran. He knew the Rules. But he couldn’t help himself. Coming to Threnody wasn’t exactly his smartest choice, and running was even less so. But he had to know what Shelan was doing. The Trellurgists, fragmented and weakened, had escaped from Nalthis and Sel and fled to Threnody. They had overrun homesteads and killed many people, all so that they could attract Shades for their… experiments. And now, they were up ahead, slaughtering another group of hapless people, spiking another swarm of Shades into them. He grew a long dagger out of Amberite and a thin suit of armor. A Shade nearby attempted to strike Kane. Kane rolled forward, summoned a short burst of Stormlight, and shot forward in a massive Basic Lashing. He couldn’t waste Investiture on fighting off Shades. Kane swung his dagger, killing a Trellurgist perimeter guard. A Shade escaped the body, continuing to haunt Kane. He cursed, avoiding the creature, and slamming into another man. The man stood up and Kane yelped in shock as he realized that this man was Shelan. Kane roared in fury and created a massive Amberite warhammer, swinging at Shelan madly. The man dodged and paused. He was trying to DuraSoothe Kane! Angrily, Kane siphoned Determination into his body, resisting. Shelan gave up and drew his sword, then charged Kane. Kane knew that the man was a Thug and Tineye, so this battle would be difficult. Kane grew an Amberite sword, but he knew that he would have to be more careful with his Amberite for the rest of this battle, as his Aether was beginning to tire.

“Kane.” A soft voice whispered. “Shadesmar is dangerous here. Many Shades have been spiked into Shelan. If you kill him, he will be able to staple himself back into his body.”

“He won’t have a body.” Kane replied. And with that, he backhanded the man, pinned him, and grabbed his face. “Become fire.”

The man all but exploded, becoming a blazing inferno, and then dwindled quickly. And Shelan Crawsh, creature of Kane’s nightmares, a soulless demon, a servant of Ruin himself, died.

Kane stared, dazed. His greatest enemy, dead. Mirag’s killer. Kane had won. Suddenly, a new voice entered Kane’s head.

“Good thing I had my spikes on hand, huh?” Shelan said.

2 weeks later

Kane was furious. Shelan had managed to staple his soul into Kane’s body using his spikes that he brought to Shadesmar. Now Shelan’s ghost was present, constantly nagging Kane, offering destructive options that Kane could choose. Kane’s head was getting crowded. Quin, Kane, the Aether, and now Shelan were all present influences within Kane. And it sucked. Kane’s chosen solution was to grow an Amberite Soulstamp, but it was a tad difficult with Shelan chattering in there. Kane focused again, thinking of the pattern that the man had shown him. His Aether was growing tired, and he only had a few more attempts before he would have to wait.

“Kane, my good man, if it makes you feel any better, the Trellurgists are all destroyed.” Kane didn’t sense any bitterness in the man’s voice. That was his plan all along. He wanted to hijack me. It’s my fault. Kane tried once more. The Amberite grew, surprisingly into the right shape. Kane applied the ink, stamped himself, and twisted the stamp.

“Hello!” The Forger said cheerfully. “What do you require of old Mik?”

“What do you know about Shades, Hemalurgy, and Shadesmar?”

“I have some knowledge…. What is the issue?”

Kane explained the issue to Mik.

“Ah, I see. To resolve this, you’ll need a Hemalurgist and Elsecaller. I have a letter for you.” Mik handed the letter to Kane, who then opened it. It read:

Dear Kane,

This is Rhazien. Enclosed is a card with Aon Tia written on it. Tap the Aon, and you will come to me. I request that you educate me in ChayShan. I look forward to seeing you again.

-Respectfully,

Rhazien Montegue

“I suggest not tapping it until the Essence Mark wears off.” Mik said.

24 hours later

Kane was ready. He held up the card. The light outside caused the Aon to shimmer. Tapping this would mean actually being involved in the Alleyverse on a large scale. Kane tapped the Aon. He appeared beside a man. Rhazien.

“At long last, we meet again.”

"Rhazien" is ZhiShu

Also, for those of you who missed the prequel to this write up:

Spoiler

1 month after Kane and Rhazien's duel

Kane strolled down the streets of Isopin, feeling angry. Anger at himself, for being so stupid as to let Rhazien win that duel. No. Stop thinking that. You didn't let him win. you didn't have a choice. You were going down anyway. Kane grumbled, also feeling angry at Shelan. The man was legendary among certain circles, and was Kane's worst enemy. He was the head of the Trellurgists, an organization bent on dominating Scadrial. Shelan was originally a weakling, a mere Duralumin Gnat. He had spiked many, gaining Allomantic Tin, Pewter, Brass, and Zinc. Using duralumin and brass on any one of the many Hemalurgically spiked servants he had acquired over time gave him control of them. Kane himself was one that was spiked. His constant stream of Electrum Determination allowed him to resist Shelan's control, but it was difficult. Kane continued down the street, moody and upset. He finally reached his destination, a sphere shop. Despite disliking Stormlight in general, he needed it for emergencies, but only for emergencies. The last time he had used any was for using Adhesion on that one guy. In Kane's defense, the man tried to rob him. He was stuck to the wall for a while. Now he was stuck in prison. He exchanged several Scadrian boxings for about ten spheres. Suddenly, a young boy rushed into the shop, with a piece of paper in hand. 

"Sir, I have a message for you." Kane grabbed the piece of paper and read it. He gasped as he read: 'Kane. You know who this is from.' Kane growled. what was Shelan doing, sending Kane messages? 'I have captured someone of great importance to you. Her name is Minag.' Kane gasped, putting his hand to his mouth. 'You have a week to turn yourself into me before she dies. Starting.... now!' Kane yelled in anger. He threw the paper up into the air and Soulcast it into flame. He charged out wordlessly.

2 days later

Kane checked the spanreeds again. Still no response from either Lita or Tikor. Kane had a sinking feeling that he would have to rescue his beloved Minag... alone. 

3 days later

This was the day. The day he rescued Minag. He stood behind a rock near the entrance to the Trellurgist base. He nervously drew his dagger, preparing himself mentally. he had no time to do ChayShan, so he would have to resort to Electrum, both Allomantic and Feruchemical. He put away distracting thoughts in his Copperminds and stepped out from behind his hiding place. Then, a guard, obviously burning bronze to find Allomancers, saw Kane. No going back now. He charged forward, rolling under the guard's sword and coming up behind. He placed his hand on the man's back and said: "Become Electrum." The man suddenly transformed, collapsing on the ground, now a statue. Kane smiled grimly and turned. As he walked into the building, he encountered no resistance, no one at all. This made Kane both anxious and depressed. He liked being around people, even if he would have to kill them later. As he continued, Kane began to realize something was wrong, however, someone from the shadows charged him. The man extended his arm, and vines suddenly shot at Kane. They grappled him, slamming him against the wall. A chuckle came from the nearby corridors. Shelan stepped in. Kane, bounded, was unable to fight. Shelan removed Kane's daggers, his metalminds, his Soulcaster, his spheres, his utility belt... everything. Kane had no Electrum left, and was pinned against the wall. Chuckling, Shelan focused on Kane, clearly trying to break into Kane's mind. Kane tried and failed to resist. An overwhelming sense of peace overcame Kane, and he no longer could move. The man who held Kane released him, though Kane couldn't move nonetheless. Kane stood up, according to Shelan's will. He followed the man down the hallway, walking stiffly and breathing shallowly. Shelan turned and permitted Kane to speak. Kane unleashed a string of curses and, of course, compliments, because Kane was being controlled by the man, still. Shelan wrinkled his nose, frowning. "That wasn't very nice. Rip out your spike halfway." Kane did, gritting his teeth at the pain. He groaned agonizingly, feeling the tremendous waves of pain move through his body. Shelan placed a dagger in Kane's hand. Kane gripped it, and followed him, unable to resist. They stepped into a small, dingy, room, and Kane was finally able to gasp. Minag was chained to the wall. Kane attempted to move toward her, but couldn't. She looked up. Kane sighed longingly. "Kill her." Shelan said coldly.

One week later

Kane awoke with a start. And the first thing he felt was pain, immense pain. Where was it coming from? Certainly it couldn't come from nowhere... 

Suddenly, his senses and his memories rushed back to him. He closed his eyes, to block off the blaring light. What had happened?

He remembered. Shelan had found him again, for the first time in many years. And... Shelan had controlled his mind. Forced him to do awful things. Kane... had killed Minag, hadn't he? No. This couldn't be happening. He'd been left for dead, bleeding from dozens of injuries, his spike half-ripped out. But he'd... survived? How had that happened?

"Stormlight." A soft voice answered.

"Quin? Kane asked, voice trembling. "I... broke my Oath. Did awful things. Killed a defenseless woman." Defenseless... And the only woman I've ever loved. Kane added mentally. 

"Not true." Quin whispered. "You were under Shelan's control. You couldn't do anything." 

"Quin. Don't you understand? I KILLED Minag!"

"Kane..."

"Stop. I don't want to talk anymore." Kane rolled onto his side. "Go away." He inhaled deeply, then sighed. Strangely, a puff of light was released as he exhaled. That's odd... Kane thought, observing the cloud of energy. Wait a minute. Kane glanced down at his chest. His pain... was gone. His wounds... were healed. In that moment, Kane at last realized the full extent and power of Stormlight. 

"Rusts... I really am a Radiant, aren't I?"

"Well, not quite." Quin replied. "You can use Adhesion, though you haven't yet tried much. Soon, however, when you swear your Second Ideal, you will indeed be a Radiant, with the powers of Gravitation at your will as well."

"Well, for now, I must use what I have." Kane began to slowly rotate his arms. He again closed his eyes. He stood up, gradually speeding the rotation. He opened his eyes whilst rotating his arms. The room around him was entirely made of stone, and there was no door or apparent exit. His prison cell until Shelan required his "services" again. If he did. He closed his eyes once more, flowing suddenly into a kata, one he had learned from the JinDo warriors on Sel. Sel. The planet where he had met Mirag. A Teoin who was also Elantrian. But now she was dead, and Kane was the one who killed her. He shoved back his pain, feeling the Dor build up around him. He broke into a sprint, opening his eyes and charging at the wall. He extended his fist. With ease, he obliterated the wall. However, past the wall was the obstacle that was far more difficult to overcome. Shelan and two men, standing there. One of the two was Sidall, a Coinshot with a Lurcher Spike. The second was a Brute Ferring with a spike that doubled his power as a Brute. His name was Aquan. "Hello, Kane." Said Shelan. "So nice of you to join us." Kane jumped back in shock. 

"Quin..." 

"Inhale Stormlight, quick!" Quin shouted. Kane did so, feeling the awesome strength fill his tired bones. With ChayShan AND Stormlight at his fingertips, this would be simple. Childish. He charged Aquan, first. With a slam of his shoulder into Aquan's chest, he... blew the man into pieces. Angrily, Sidall charged Kane. Kane backhanded the man in the face, which... exploded him. Apparently, ChayShan combined with Stormlight was worse than lethal. Kane kept running, after noting than Shelan had run away. 

"Coward!" Kane shouted after him. He continued running. Soon, he had found his daggers, his vials, his metalminds, even his Soulcaster, in a guarded room. Continuing his flight, Kane at last left the building, a trail of destruction and death behind him. 

"Where to next?" Asked Quin. "I have very few allies in the world. But one person who I know might be able to help me...Rhazien."

A week later

Kane had no time to grieve Minag. He had to get away from here, to find Lita or Tikor. His loved ones could help, right? Hopefully. Instead, Kane was jumping through Cultivation's Perpendicularity, hoping to end up on Nalthis. His adopted son, Tikor, lived there, under the watchful eye of Hopeseeker, goddess of children and compassion. She was a young but kind Returned, who used to be a farmer, but had died in an accident with some farm equipment. When Kane emerged, he was somewhere in the Hallandren jungles. For several weeks he traveled, trying to find that blasted city, T'Telir. If it was so big, then why was it so rusting hard to find? Eventually, Kane reached the city and traveled to the Court of Gods. He was greeted by Hopeseeker's high priest, Pingale, an aging man of small but commanding stature. Pingale led him to Hopeseeker's palace. Kane entered, and Tikor, tackled him from the side. Kane laughed, holding his son, feeling happy, for the first time since the duel. Quin showed up and greeted Tikor as well, and Pingale invited them to dinner. They ate, and Kane laughed, enjoying himself, finally. "So, son, do you know where your aunt Lita is?" he eventually asked. Tikor suddenly became highly interested in his fork. "Son?" Kane asked cautiously. The boy began to cry, and mumbled: "Father, I though you knew. She went to Roshar to find you. "And?" Kane asked, hugging Tikor and rubbing his back. "Highstorm." Tikor said. Finally, Kane understood. Lita was dead... as well. 

2 weeks later

Kane charged the Trellurgist lines, killing many. They had entered Nalthis and attacked the Court of Gods a week ago. Kane, along with several Awakeners and an army of Lifeless, battled them for days on end, trying to win. Much of T'Telir had fled, leaving only a few to stay and fight. And they were losing. T'Telir was slowly becoming a city for the Trellurgists. Kane couldn't let them. He heard a scream and turned. Hopeseeker, Tikor, Pingale, and another god, Hopeseeker's husband, Breathuser, an Awakener, were surrounded. At this point, Kane was almost insane. His spike constantly left him in pain. Some of his loved ones were dead. And he was fighting anyone and everyone that tried to kill anyone else he cared about. Right now, that was the Trellurgists. Kane charged, yelling in defiance. Finally, he reached them, though Breathuser had sacrificed his Breath to save Hopeseeker, and Pingale had died saving Tikor. Tikor. The last person Kane truly cared about. Kane rolled in front of the boy, and killed a Trellurgist. Everything that had culminated over the past two months rolled into Kane's mind. You can't protect them all. "Yes, I can!" Kane yelled. "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves!" Stormlight billowed out of Kane in waves, and he became a Full Radiant. Kane Lashed himself up, his newfound freedom apparent. Kane flew at the Trellurgists and with Gravitation, wiped nearly all of the attackers in the vicinity out. It was laughable. Kane Lashed man after man after man every which way. He ChayShanned people in the face, promptly ending lives. His Determination was infinite, his strength unmatched. He was Radiant.

A day later

T'Telir was mostly repopulated, the streets mostly cleaned up. The battle had ended mere hours after Kane swore his oath, in no small part due to him. Hopeseeker had healed a single person with her Breath, saving a life. That life was Tikor's. Tikor had been sent by Kane to a planet called Taldain. Hopefully, the poor boy would be safe there. Kane himself flew through the Cognitive realm freely. His goal was to reach the legendary planet, Aether, soon. Kane knew of several Aetherbound, and also knew that he himself would someday probably need some extra power. His power that he chose was meant to be conservative, so no Hemalurgy. his choice: an Aether. If he could find the planet.

1 month later

Kane had found it, at long last. Aether was a beautiful planet, similar to Scadrial in many ways, most prominent amongst them being its greenness. Kane was excited. But, alas, he would have to find another way home, for his Stormlight was totally depleted. He walked around for some time, greeting people and being generally kind. His friendliness paid off, and he found out how and where to bond an Aether. First, he had to find a Vo-Dari. he walked into an Aedin temple, nearly bouncing with excitement. This was it! This was where he could obtain an Aether. A voice called behind him. "Hello, there!" A man in white robes walked up to Kane. "Hello." Kane replied. "Come with me." the man said. "We have matters to discuss." Soon, they were in the man's office. "I heard reports of a flying man near town." he said. "Care to explain?" Kane groaned. he should have been more careful. He shrugged and told the man his story. 

'And so, now it is my quest to obtain an Amberite Aether." Kane finished. The man nodded. "Are you Vo-Dari?" Kane asked. "Indeed." the man said. "Come with me."

1 week later

Kane dodged the vine, rolling sideways. The priest, who revealed that his name was Oieth, had helped Kane bond the Aether and now, Kane trained. He was actually quite powerful, able to grow a large sword and a full suit of armor with more power to spare. He had proved skillful with the Aether but Oieth claimed Kane still wasn't ready. Kane suspected that really, the man simply enjoyed Kane's company. It was all right, because not only did Kane enjoy training, but he enjoyed Oieth's company, as well. And yet, once again, a messenger suddenly arrived. he handed the message to Kane, who quickly read it. Tikor needed him as soon as possible. Kane turned to Oieth. "Can you send me?" he asked. The man nodded and touched Kane. Suddenly, he stood next to Tikor. "Son?" Kane asked. Tikor blinked, clearly surprised. "Father. I have turned thirteen. I know this is hard for you, but... as you promised, will you return me to Roshar?" 

1 day later

Kane left the building, knowing that he would never see Tikor again. He had always thought Tikor a son, but Tikor thought he was apprenticed to Kane, though did treat him with respect and called Kane father. Kane had lost another loved one. I must find Rhazien. Kane thought. He glanced skyward and flew.

ZhiShu cocked an eyebrow as Kane appeared next to him. "That should not ahve worked. The Council room is supposed to be Tia resistant. I'll have to look into that. Do you prefer to train me in the evenings or in the morning? The other time will me given to Li TiaRu for Forgery."

Edited by Mraize

"No offense, my friend, but I would prefer if I camped out nearby in an undisclosed location, in case of a surprise attack." Kabe then whispered where he could find me in his ear.

Nobody else knows it, but I'm hiding in the trees.

As Kane flew off towards the trees, he thought about Rhazien. Normally, the man wasn't so... so serious, so businesslike. He would need to investigate further. 

Edited by BitBitio the Mudkip
Finished purpose of post.