Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

Naermen breathed slowly and carefully. Just because G. L. seemed to trust this Leya person didn't mean Naermen should.

"I heard," Naermen said after a brief hesitation, "That you could teach me my powers. I was gifted with many but cursed to never use them until I understood them all. I need to know occulatorship,"

Naermen knew that her curse wasn't like that at all, but with the restrictions G.L. put on her it was close enough.

"So," Naermen said, "Can you help me?"

Death sighed, taking the powers of Mraize in an ethereal bubble of power, as the man melted into the Beyond. He shook his head looking at Rhaizen's successor, a brash man with the tact of Peter Pettigrew. The old idiom manners maketh man entered his thoughtstream, and rapidly left as he saw the man being rude to a widow.

He followed the man for days, waiting for the right opportunity, the power slowly deteriorating, ending up at 75% of their potential. Sadly that was the first point at which the man had been close enough to death for Death to grant him powers. He passed them on, and then went to comfort Yzabet. A cup of tea appeared in front of her, and kittens sought her out when she felt sad.

23 hours ago, ShardBreaker said:

"Oh, nothing much. Just hunting down criminals, dethroning corrupt rulers, that kind of thing." Veil replied. "Also, we should rematch sometime."

"We should! That would be fun, but maybe a little later, I intend to fight someone new. Wanna come with me and punch stuff? I'm gonna try find some more people, and maybe punch them. I dunno yet, I'm not that smart when I'm not fighting or planning or being sneaky"

Edited by Nohadon

2 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Wanna come with me and punch stuff? I'm gonna try find some more people, and maybe punch them. I dunno yet, I'm not that smart when I'm not fighting or planning or being sneaky"

"Sure, but we should probably wait until Rhaizen gets out of the meeting. Where'd Solace go anyway?" Asked Veil. 

2 hours ago, ShardBreaker said:

"Sure, but we should probably wait until Rhaizen gets out of the meeting. Where'd Solace go anyway?" Asked Veil. 

“Solace I’ve never heard of him before who is he ?”

Edited by Arlin

Naermen opened her mouth to speak, when a voice in her head, she knew it wasn't out loud because Leya didn't flinch, interrupted her.

'Let me handle this,' said the voice of the beige mist, G.L.

And Leya's eyes began glowing beige. 

"I thought you could only do that with hosts," Naermen said telepathically.

'This isn't me giving investiture,' said the voice. 'This is me giving knowledge. Particularly, the knowledge of your trustworthiness,'

In front of them, Leya began swaying, tilting backward under a countenance of beige.

We are? But how did Leya get back? Huh. Oh well. Gancho, if you betray me after this, I will hunt you down.

Leya swayed, confused. She suddenly felt enormously trustful of this woman (right? I think that's right.) "I see. Very well, I will teach you. Occulatorship is rather simple. In you, your soul, you have power. This power comes through your bodies in several ways, but most especially your eyes. It doesn't take any particular shape unless you provide it a focus, however. This focus is provided via lenses. I have four of them here, which came from the body of a man named Kalmar. These are the Disguiser's, Educator's, Bestower's, and Firebringer's Lenses. I would recommend either the Disguiser's or the Educator's first, as they are the least likely to go wrong. For the Disguiser's, think hard about any person, and you will change into that person. However, you'll still be wearing the lens. Educator's will slow down time for you. Channel power into them. Bestower's will allow you to bestow any trait you think about to another person, while Firebringer's will let you shoot a beam of fire."

ZhiShu looked at Tevarah, with an eyebrow raised. "You know of my apprentice Solace? If you do he is the one in charge now. I, myself will be stepping down, I have a wife now. Although she doesn't know I am alive... Before I do go, I will probably throw a party or something. Invited everyone you know? That will probably be in a fortnight, need to get invitations out, and food, can't forget about the food. I also need to at least access the Dor through Clayshan and Forgery."

Solace immediately began to gasp. Falling face first down into the council chambers from the rafters he was hanging from. Power filled him, Breaths, and access to the Dor. His skin and bones hardened and twisted making him shout in pain. He felt the connection of shardplate and blades transfer from the deceased mentor to himself. Solace unsteadily climbed to his feet. He held out the Aonic embed blade and the summoned Honorblade to ZhiShu. 

"You'll need these, master." He said panting. "I will also need to make a formal request to barrow a honorblade. It is for the assassination you wanted me to complete."

Tevarah stood there looking at his new leader. "Well this is going to be interesting." Tevarah said looking at Solace's body, it looked liked he was getting stronger, yes sure enough he was standing taller, some paleness going away. "Interesting indeed" tevarah mumbled. "So Leader, what's our next move?"

"Well firstly I need to learn how to access the Dor through Chayshan and Forgery, then we have Rhazien throw his party. Then comes the <redacted> where we <redacted> and <redacted>. just warning you watch out for the <redacted> punch,  gives one bad gas." Solace said getting to his feet. "Also just address me as Solace, or First. Either is fine.