Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

Mace quietly left the room to get some air. As he stepped out of the half-destroyed ranch, he blinked in the sunlight. To his left, something caught his eye. Near where the crashed drop pod lay, sat a lithe young man. Smiling, Mace jogged over to him. When he got close, the man scrambled to his feet, hands hovering by his knife. 

Mace held up his hands to show he meant no harm. "You must have the luck of the devil sir! You've survived hell falling on your head without a scratch." Chuckling to himself, Mace guested for the man to follow him. Since he couldn't stay in the ranch any longer, he'd just have to follow him around for a bit. Not that Mace minded, it was good to have some company as he inspected the damage the space mariner had wrought. 

Edited by Archer

Leif silently followed after Mace, wondering where the heck he was. 

Why is there a giant piece of smoldering metal in the middle of this rubble? He wondered to himself. Whatever it is, it can't be good. He subconsciously tapped one of his many gold metalminds hidden on his person, and began storing health. 

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens here. 

On 6/12/2018 at 5:56 PM, Mraize said:

"I am not one for patience. Though I will ask, is that sword for me?" Rhazien asked. "I do like me my pointy weapons."

"Pointy?" Drako asked, righteously indignant. "I couldn't give you a 'pointy weapon' as a wedding gift. What kind of person do you think I am? My honor would be forever besmirched.

"No," he continued, unsheathing the sword with a flourish, "This is far more than an ordinary weapon."

The broadsword was brutally simple, with a simple crossguard and a metal handle wrapped in dragon leather. The grey blade was long and single edged, like an elongated combat knife. As Drako pressed a button on the hilt, the blade burst into flames, glowing a molten orange.

"I present Nocturne's Claw to you, Rhazien," Drako said, "in the hopes that your love for Yzabet, your life-partner, will forever burn as hot as this blade. May you ever find good hunting, and may your enemies shrink in fear."

Drako reversed his grip on the sword and stabbed it into the ground, then looked around the room. Behind him, the other space marines were carrying a massive black sarcophagus out of the drop pod. 

"Where's Yzabet?" Drako asked, sounding confused. "I had a gift for her as well."

He looked sharply at Rhazien. "You two haven't... split up, have you? Because I'm going to want Nocturne's Claw back if you have."

"She was here," Rhazien said. "As to where she went she did not tell, but she should be back soon. But we haven't split up, we were trying to finish our honeymoon uninterrupted. But I guess when you are someone important like myself you can never get peace and quiet."

Rhazien took the letter the was addressed to her and placed inside his cloak. He looked up an noticed the sarcophagus.

"You aren't treating my wife like some dead Egyptian queen are you?" He said with a raised eyebrow.

He picked up the sword and did a few practice thrusts.

"Good balance. Nice flair to it as well. I am a very theatrical person, mind you, I do like a good entrance. This will do nicely, thank you."

When I die I want a funeral.

"I have no idea what you mean by that," Drako said cheerfully. The two emerald-armored marines set the sarcophagus down in front of Rhazien, and stepped back. One opened the lid, revealing a pile of shining gemstones that filled the sarcophagus to its brim. The combined glow was enough to momentarily blind everyone in the room, before one of the marines closed the lid.

"Normally, I would give this to you last," Drako continued. "But since Yzabet isn't here, I might as well leave it. I've also been assured that none of the gems will lose their Stormlight, whatever that means. Something about 'a perfect cut'."

And TUBA will provide the highest quality mortician services! Our embalming is to die for

Mace looked around for space marines to harass. He was interested in seeing how much weight he could drop on their heads before they cracked

3 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

"I have no idea what you mean by that," Drako said cheerfully. The two emerald-armored marines set the sarcophagus down in front of Rhazien, and stepped back. One opened the lid, revealing a pile of shining gemstones that filled the sarcophagus to its brim. The combined glow was enough to momentarily blind everyone in the room, before one of the marines closed the lid.

"Normally, I would give this to you last," Drako continued. "But since Yzabet isn't here, I might as well leave it. I've also been assured that none of the gems will lose their Stormlight, whatever that means. Something about 'a perfect cut'."

"I will tell you this is this gift contests that of Voidus with his two conjoined spikes, which are useful if I can ever convince Yzabet to put hers in. Non-Hemalurgic preference sadly. The only other gifts were from Mace, who gave poems, and Lopen, who gave a puppy. It is an odd creature I'll tell you." Rhazien says conversationally. "Is there something you would like me to give to Yzabet?"

Just then the skeleton he sent out returned with the head of its target. Rhazien stands up and walks over. He picks up the head and inspects it.

"This has some potential. I'll have to look into it some more. A chasmfiend skeleton would be waaaaay useful... come to think of it do they even have a skeleton??" Rhazien snaps out of his thought. "Excuse me for my rudeness, Drako."

Yzabet continued riding off into the horizon. She'd been riding for two days now. It wasn't very easy, riding a horse without a saddle and no previous riding experience, but she pulled it off. Their ranch house was three days out from Elendel, and she was almost there. Then she'd set up a new lab, and transfer all of her other experiments and pets to their new home.

Edited by I am Witless

Tevarah was scouting when he saw a flash of metal come down from the sky. Shortly after he saw smoke rising. Tevarah decided to go check it out. 

It took a little while to get to where the smoke was, he had underestimated the distance, he crested a hill and came upon a very odd site, He saw Rhazien talking to a man (who had tried to kill Tevarah several times) but these times were odd times especially since the wedding. There was also a man who had burn marks and looked to be dead. poor fellow.

Tevarah walked over to Rhazien. "Hey it's been awhile, how have you been?"

Edited by Jehoiada

A glowing man falls out of the sky moving much faster than he should have been, and lands in a crouch. He looks up at the rubble of the ranch, eyes glowing. Confidently striding over to Rhazien, he asks "What's with that sarcophagus? And who should I attack first?" 

Then he adds, "Oh, yes. I have forgotten my manners. My name is Nalizar, and I am a Windrunner of the third Ideal." He is tall,heavily muscled, wearing only black clothes, and has a Grandbow strapped to his back. As the Stormlight fades, everyone can see that even his eyes are completely black, merciless pits. Only his hair is a shock of white on his head.

Septimus sat on a rooftop in Elendel, mistcloak fluttering serenely in the cool night wind. It looked out of place in the modern city, a fairytale of old, and there was a certain appeal that came with that. Despite being old fashioned Septimus had done a little upgrading. He picked up the long deadly looking rifle. It had cost money and time to acquire, the white body gleaming in the moonlight. Interlacing networks of fabrials and other enhancements webbed around the guns exterior. Septimus peered through the lens, adjusting it to the proper focus. He spun a bullet between his fingers, aluminum of course, though the true force of the weapon came from regular bullets. He slung gun onto his back and lept down from the roof.

Septimus sat on the train to the roughs, doddering with a spanreed. It looked like fiddling anyway, in reality he sent a message to Soul. I’m coming soon, find me.

Edited by Blazenella

@5ith Ideal be sure not to double post, it is against the rules. If you need to add to anything then edit your first post.

Rhazien looks to Tevarah as he strode into the collapsed house.

"Well, married, attempting not to die," He laughs. "The abnormal for a hit-man, we don't try to let ourselves be tied down by anyone but our loose loyalties and here I am married. On a normal day I would have a contract where I could kill some one and be in and out that night. But here I am being hunted by at least five people." He continues on to name them. "Drakon, the recently deceased Nei'an, who's apprentice or something now hunts me and who's name I can't remmeber, Septimus, Soul, and Lopen. That is all I know of."

He turns to the newest member of the Ghostbloods, Nalizar, who had just entered behind Tevarah.

"Yes, I know who you are, or at least your name." Rhazien says. "I have a book detailing every member, including those who are now excommunicated, your name just appeared just recently. Before the building collapsed if I do remember correctly, there are so many things to keep track of."

He pauses, looking towards Drakon. "Yzabet told me through spanreed that she should be here at night fall. I myself will wait for her return. Adonalsium knows that there is enough wood laying here to fuel a sizable bond fire to last us the night. What do you all say, will you keep me company until she arrives?"

Edited by Mraize

"Yes I will" Tevarah spoke. "But I must leave later to get my camp ready, I have alot of lifeless that I am moving to the alley-village." Tevarah thought for a moment then spoke. "I can lend you some Rhazien to do your biding. I can spare about fifty, If you want you can have them?

"Those fifty lifeless would be good. You know where to store those lifeless? If you don't then here." Rhazien hands a Tevarah several Tia cards. "They only work if you are a member of the Ghostbloods. they transport groups of up to a hundred. I specifically had them made for situations for these. Now where are Kane and Li TaiRu?"

"I, my friend, am Rhazien Montegue the commander and chief, the head and high dignitary of the Ghostbloods, your superior." Rhazien said with satisfaction. "As for these, this is the Overlord of Hemalurgic Constructs and Research, Tevarah, who is also your superior and Drako, a member of the DA, if I have my facts right. We are on parley for a better lack of words, so Drako does not need killing as of yet. He was just giving me my wedding gift. My wife, Yzabet, should be back by nightfall."

Rhazien coughs under his breath, "We've only gotten five, some friends we have."

Edited by Mraize

"Hello friend, as I've been introduced I'm Tevarah and this is Tessi she is my- err well she used to be my spren, but she's not a spren anymore so she's like my partner, oh not that kind of partner! We're not a thing."

"Enough with the awkwardness." Tessi jumped in, she had a quick way of speaking. Hi I'm Tessi, But that's been established. So your Rhazien I kinda remember what you look like, but still its weird to see you in person." Tessi gasped just realizing something. "Am I a Ghostblood? Am I like a new recruit or the same rank as Tev?" She paused for a second then walked over to that guy that was staring at her weird, turned and looked toward Rhazien saluted then said. "Sir Rhazien? Captain? Leader of the Ghostblood? What is my duty?"

Edited by Jehoiada

Septimus stepped off the train into the scorching heat of the roughs. Septimus hated heat, it had the tendency to ruin fabrials, and hygiene. The sun warped the sky, waves of fire filled the air. Storms.... 

Night began to fall as Septimus exhausted from the days trek under the sun came to see a large bonfire. Storms Soul, could’ve used Gravitation about 8 hours ago. Septimus trudged onward, until he reached where they all sat. Septimus promptly fell face first into the dirt. “ Give me 5 minutes... I’ll kill you in a bit.”

Edited by Blazenella