Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

Rashan was pulled between two realms

The Beyond, hurling him above, tugging on him like he was attached to some rope

The physical realm, forcing him back into his body through some means.

Rashan couldn’t move.

He couldn’t go back to his body, nor could he go to the Beyond. He was stuck until one side let go.

For a moment, Rashan could see all thee realms, but wasn’t in either. He was stuck.

One side has to let go. The tug of war between Rashan’s body wouldn’t last long.

Erm, Nohadon, I don't think it makes sense for you to swear two oaths in a row right when you need it and know exactly how to use all the powers. I would have literally killed you all if not for that.

Hazekiller burst through the door, Blade in hand, heading straight for Solace. He charged and leapt, swinging it.

Sorry I’m late. Jaco is a psycho Siah Aimian, FYI.

“Where is Mace Klasten? For our meeting, I have been fasting!” Jaco cried. “I must speak to a poet, and I know it! And I will show it!” he screamed again. These cries were cries for help, begging someone to save him. This man was not in the best state of mind. Also, his hair was on fire. As were his clothes. And his everything.

Edited by JacobClaessen
Not finished

3 hours ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

Erm, Nohadon, I don't think it makes sense for you to swear two oaths in a row right when you need it and know exactly how to use all the powers. I would have literally killed you all if not for that.

Devaan has had experience with surges before hand due to his deck of cards, and has known enough radiants to understand how stormlight works.

As to the swearing two oaths, I figured it would be ok considering you character somehow as Aon-Powered armour coated in aluminium, which shouldn't work, as the Aons wouldn't stick to the aluminium, and were somehow able to heal from a spiritual wound with an unsealed goldmind.

Devaan saw Hazekiller running towards the door. How could he get here? how did he know?

"Anyone who wants to get out of here, go with solace to the alley verse, here's one of my last Tia cards" Devaan said "I'll stall him"

He noticed Hazekiller was still decaying, flaking away. He only had to stall for 12 hours till rigor mortis would set in, paralysing him.

Devaan flipped a lever. This Typhoon dared to fight him in his own home? An Aonic shield grew around the house, stopping Typhoon in his tracks, other sigils around the house lit up, each of them keyed to enhance Devaan's strength, speed, endurance, healing, mental abilities and reaction timing, each of them being funnelled from a direct connection to the Dor due to the stack of connection minds powering each individual Aon.

Devaan began to glow softly with Aonic energy as he watched Typhoon stare at the Aonic Shield. the only way to get through that was to undergo Dakhor training.

Edited by Nohadon

Sorry I’m late. Jaco is a psycho Siah Aimian, FYI.

:lol:

Where are you? I'd love to meet up, but I'm not sure where to do it... You may steer my guy to wherever you are if you'd like. 

Mace was done thinking. It was time for action! He reached into his pocket and grabbed a random Tia card. With a poof, he disappeared. 

Jaco was standing in a bakery. A bit dangerous, since flour could catch fire easily in the right conditions. He knew he was close to Mace, so he grabbed two loaves of bread and shoved them down his mouth, because Jaco hadn’t eaten in five days. 

It’s the TUBA Bakery

Edited by JacobClaessen
Misspelled

100 Post!!!

Li TaiRu stamped himself he needed the extra physicality. “Solace we need to go, I’ll grab Rashan.” Li TaiRu said, Taking the Tia card.

Edited by Arlin

42 minutes ago, JacobClaessen said:

Jaco was standing in a bakery. A bit dangerous, since flour could catch fire easily in the right conditions. He knew he was close to Mace, so he grabbed two loaves of bread and shoved them down his mouth, because Jaco hadn’t eaten in five days. 

42 minutes ago, JacobClaessen said:

It’s the TUBA Bakery

You say that, but which one? we have 3 separate bakeries in the Alley village, in order to serve everyone, as well as various other locations on most Shardworlds

Mace reappeared, landing on the concrete floor of what appeared to be a TUBA bakery. The smell of vanilla and coco assailed him. Scadrial then. Randomly choosing a card hadn't been as foolhardy as it had seemed, he'd drawn on some luck as he chose. 

A light flickered to life beside him. He turned to see a man gobbling down some bread. Mace recognized him. "Hey! How's it going?" he inquired as he sat on a nearby crate to eat the leftovers from the day. 

She stared at the intruder, and at the shield that stopped him from entering. She knew that this man would be back, would follow them. As long as she stayed with Solace, she would be in danger.

She did not know why she stayed with Solace, but some unconscious feeling nagged at her to stay.
Then she discovered what that nagging was.
Solace could teach her. And this man, this Typhoon character, was in their way.
Something else tugged at her feelings, not a subconscious thought but... a power. She couldn't identify it, other than the knowledge that she had never felt it before. Yet, something pulled at her.
'Embrace it,' the voice in her head boomed, much clearer and louder than it usually was. 'Embrace the Dor...'
She had heard of the Dor before, from Nei'an's tales, but she didn't know how to use it. "I...' she said aloud, not caring. "I don't know how. I don't know the Aons,"
'The voice chuckled, becoming louder and clearing with the seconds. 'there is more than one way to access the Dor.
Her hands were moving. Twisting, spinning, her eyes closed. She had no idea what was happening, other than the fact that she was dancing a terrible dance, dancing to a pulsing rhythm that thrived inside her. A rhythm that she did not hear, but felt.
She eyes snapped open. She, for the first time in her entire life, felt loose and free. It would take a while to get used to.
But that didn't matter. She didn't follow the others to the alleyverse. She would stay and fight like Nei'an had.
She would follow his example.
She stepped towards the barrier, the protection that kept typhoon out and threw herself at him, twisting with a newfound strength.
And she collided into the interior of the shield.
She slammed head first, aware of a pounding in her skull, then aware of a blinding pain that flowed through her. Her skull was twisting, pulsing, cracking, falling apart and coming back together, swirling like a tornado. Bits of bone exploded outward, then imploded back into a regular skull shape. It happened simultaneously, so much going on and yet such a simple idea.
Pain.
Hours past. Years. Seconds. Time stood still. Time raced on. But the pain was everlasting. And soon she stopped falling. The pain disappeared, and she rested in the joyous, quiet home of her subconscious. Aware that if she rose to the surface of her mind, there would only be pain.

Devaan watched as Nearmen flew herself into the wall. Devaan couldn't help it, he laughed, and his teammate glared at him

"What! It was funny!" Devaan told her

"What is that?"

"Aonic Shielding, funnily enough, it's not one way." Devaan had to give her credit, whatever martial arts she just used had power, that dance showed strength, and she was brave enough to stay, when others had left

Devaan ran over to Naermen, his body blurring, he wasn't even tapping any steel, the power of AonDor coursing through him made him fast enough to blur around.

"Here, get back inside we need to stock up, this will help with the pain"

Devaan tapped a hidden Aon that sent waves of calm through him and all those within, smothering the pain with a sense of serenity, not too much to limit active thinking, but enough to make people more relaxed. Leading Naermen to a weapons rack, filled with Hatchets, swords, daggers, staves and several other different types of weapons

"Pick a weapon if you feel like it, I've got my own here" Devaan tells her, gesturing to sethramir.

@Nohadon I should have been clearer, but at the end of my last post she was being teleported away. I'm going to be off all week, so I thought it was a ghood place to leave off.

It's not particularily important in your post, but just keep in mind that she isn;t there anymore. :)

Mace accepted the offered loaf of bread. As he chewed it, he watched his friend gobble down a box of muffins.

"So tell me," Mace said, "What brings you to these parts?"

As he waited for the reply, he got up to peek out the window. He caught his reflection in the glass. A haggard face, with a mirthless smile. His eyes seemed older than his face somehow. He didn't like it. 

Outside, crows picked at the flesh of a dead beggar. There would be no funeral. 

@Nohadon fair enough. Although I didn't heal from Sethramir, according to your post.

Tell me if this makes no sense

Hazekiller charged at the Aon Edo and activated his own Aon Edo at the last moment, causing the two shield to shatter on impact. He summoned his Blade and had Arrow(the aviar) shatter all of the present gemstones once more. He charged with rope in one hand, Blade in the other.

2 hours ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

Hazekiller charged at the Aon Edo and activated his own Aon Edo at the last moment, causing the two shield to shatter on impact. He summoned his Blade and had Arrow(the aviar) shatter all of the present gemstones once more. He charged with rope in one hand, Blade in the other.

The point about the armour not working hasn't been addressed, you can't have aluminium armour that has Aonic effects carved into it.

And another point, although one that is less relevant right now. But there's no way a non-Elantrian could use Shao to change into anything other than one set appearance. AonDor is like programming, the Aon itself needs to have specifications for what to make the illusion look like so unless you can draw your own Aons you couldn't change that. It can't just give you the ability to Lightweave.

Ok, no aluminium it is

Devaan stepped up and faced the killer. He was on his own, but he made some calls and sent the elantrian who recharged his cards to spread some words out to the right people.

12 hours. Then he wins the fight by default.

He stepped towards the killer. The man who attempted to murder solace. And succeeded in killing Rashan, his friend.

you ready? The spren whispered inside his head

"yeah" Devaan said

And then he ran straight at Typhoon, as fast as he could, combining his greatly enhanced physical abilities from Aon Dor with his feruchemical steel to run blindingly fast towards his enemy, he aimed low, keeping his guard ready and slashed with sethramir at his opponent's stomach in one fluid motion, darting back into a defensive stance.