Divided We Fall

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Tension on the Horizon?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 3: DWF?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am thinking about it
  3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 2: TotH?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • Uh... I still didn't know what was happening in Phase 1. Phase 2 is out of the question.

Typhoon leapt and swung his Blade at Rashan, who easily dodged, surprised that "Tevarah" was attacking him. Typhoon dropped his diguise once more. Hazekiller raised the Blade, severing the soul of Rashan's arm. He immediately healed. Hazekiller kept severing Rashan's soul in various places, and he kept healing. And then he stopped. Rashan began Leeching Typhoon's armor, and the pair collapsed together. No. This was not the end. Hazekiller began to stand and drove the Blade down Rashan's back, severing his soul entirely and killing him. Typhoon panted. Devaan approached. Damnation.

React if you like, Itiah. I can edit my post to match.

Edited by BitBitio the Mudkip

“Tevarah? Why do you have that blade in your hand, Tevarah?”

Rashan! Watch out!

Rashan barely dodged as Typhoon swung at him, dropping his disguise as Tevarah. Rashan knew he should have retreated, Veo was shouting at him to, but he thought that if he could just get to Typhoon’s armour..

Typhoon swing his blade, and Rashan charged right at, watching as it slowly became numb.

Rashan!

Rashan advances, saving his speed for the right moment. Typhoon kept swinging and hitting Rashan, but Rashan continued to heal. Legs, arms, they were all hit and then healed. There.

Rashan supertapped his speed, sending himself flying at Typhoon like a lightning bolt, toppling then both over. As Rashan struggled he grabbed Typoon’s armour and leeched, removing it of its magic. Hopefully now his teammates would be able to have a chance defeating him. As Rashan continued to punch and kick he stopped abruptly.

A Shardblade has been stabbed through him.

Rashaaaaaaaa- 

Veo’s voice cut off as Rashan saw everyone. Everyone he’d ever murdered, flashing between his eyes. He saw the Cosmere, he saw Voidus, he saw Devaan, he saw Solace, who he’d saved, he saw everyone. He saw everything.

Rashan stilled.

He was dead.

@LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian Time for you to do your DEATH thing I guess.

Edited by I think I am here.

All right. I've lost my rope and my armor. Well, they aren't destroyed, but they are no longer invested. I still have my aviar who can dive bomb them, my Shardblade, and my Excisor medallion with a lot of healing. I just need to outlast them.

1 down, 2 to go. Hazekiller charged Devaan, slashing Sethramir out of his hands and going for the face.

Devaan saw Hazekiller coming, and the loss of Rashan was smothered by rage. Hazekiller was exceptionally well trained. But Devaan dodged the attack by jumping back. Devaan threw a bladed card, then launched himself at his opponent, sethramir extended, Aon Sheo trailing behind him.

He collided with Hazekiller, slicing his arm with sethramir. 

and then detonated Aon Sheo

a wave a death spread out from Devaan's right hand hitting Typhoon and sending him flying backwards. the Mistcloak attempting to rend him to pieces. His opponent would slowly decay until he died. His work was done here. He just had to live until he expired.

And then Hazekiller pinned him to the ground, and stabbed him in the gut.

The Shardblade went straight through.

Devaan let out a gasp, then collapsed, drifting towards death. Fighting to stay alive. 

He looked to Rashan. He was skilled, he was strong. what would happen to him in the grand scheme of things? He could have been great, but now he's dead. Forgotten. Abandoned.

no

That wasn't Devaan's voice in his head

you will remember

What was that? It didn't matter, he had more pressing things to worry about

say the words

Words? what words?

the words

A lightning bolt ran through Devaan's spine.

"Life Before Death" Devaan said, glaring at Typhoon "Strength Before Weakness"

Devaan stood, shard blade locked in place, buried in his gut

"Journey before destination"

"Thats the problem with you, you kill, then you forget. I remember all the faces. All the screams."

Devaan looked to Rashan

"I will remember those who have been forgotten"

And then inhaled all the spheres left in the room, those in Rashan's pouch, those used as lanterns to light the room, those that solace is holding on to. and ripped the shard blade out, healing immediately.

Rashan's wounds began to heal as well. The tether! of course! he might still make it, with his Veo as a link, he could return.

Devaan Looked towards the decaying Typhoon "Lets dance" Devaan said, rushing forward with a flurry of quick, measured attacks, darting in and out of guard with sethramir.

Typhoon frowned. Swearing two oaths was a bit of a cliche, after all. He managed to heal completely from Sethramir by tapping his enormous healing reserve. He charged at and broke the spirit tether because his armor was aluminum coated. He let his Aviar swoop around the room and shatter all gemstones. Finally, he dismissed his Blade and charged Devaan, beating him from every angle. He slammed him onto the ground and summoned his Shardblade. He stabbed it through Devaan's brain and into the ground.

Ok I just need to point out something: If the armour was aluminium how was it charged with AonDor? additionally sethramir causes wounds that damage the soul, so using things like feruchemical gold doesn't work against those wounds. There are ways around it, but that's not it.

Devaan instinctively used his stormlight. Time spent practicing with unsealed metalminds paying off, he slid off of Typhoon, frictionless. Grabbed Solace, LiTaiRu and Rashan by tapping almost all of his steel reserves.

Get out of here He heard a voice whisper in his head

all the gemstones around the room were broken, that storming bird. 

He used one of the cards he put up his sleeve, just in case things went as bad as they did.

He tapped the card dry completely, and Devaan, Li, Rashan and Solace vanished.

"Where are we?" LiTaiRu asked, they were standing in a wooden cottage, there was a dining table surrounded by leather chairs, there was a corridoor to the left of the dining room that led into what appeared to be bedrooms

"My home. It's hidden away. no one knows of it but us, I have beds and food, you are welcome here so long as you don't tell a soul"

Edited by Nohadon

2 hours ago, Nohadon said:

"My home. It's hidden away. no one knows of it but us, I have beds and food, you are welcome here so long as you don't tell a soul"

I hope you don't mind if I join in :) I'm not here to kill.

Naermen, hold her new sniper, was flying again, a glorious flight. Their destination was close enough to let Naermen see out into space as they traveled. She watched the beautiful stars wap around them, the sun casts a tremendous glow on the nearby satellites....

They started drifting.

"What's happening?" Naermen asked. The beige mist immediately grew around her.

'No, no, NO!' the voice screamed. It was the first time Naermen had heard the voice sound so angry. Naermen flinched.

'What's wrong/" Naermen asked.

'ME!' the voice screamed.

Naermen tried to calm it down. "What happened?" she asked in a soothing voice.

'I was too lax!' the voice said, the volume of its voice toning down at Naermen's calmness. 'Someone else teleported,'

'So what?" Naermen asked calmly.

'I use their same investiture,' the voice explained. 'Normally, this wouldn't happen, but in my carelessness... I allowed myself to be pulled towards their destination!'

"Who's they?" Naermen asked.

The voice dropped in volume dramatically. 'I don't know. But we're about to find out,'

The glow faded into a shimmering cloud above Naermen's head, and she gasped. Three people dressed strangely were gathered around another body, one who didn't move. She didn't recognize any of them.

But one of them was obviously in danger. "What can I do to help?" she asked, and all three heads swiveled towards her in shock.

Veil was making tea. He thought that if Solace did come back alive or something like that, he might want tea. Veil picked up the tea, and headed back to Solace's room. As he approached he heard the sound of blades clashing and grunts of pain. Storms, he thought. What is it this time? He than kicked the door open, summing his shardblade, still holding the tea in the other hand. Veil looked around and saw that a fight had been happening, and now there was a man standing in the middle of the room, looking around confused. Lashing the cup of tea to the ceiling, Veil dashed forward and held his blade to the mans throat. 

"Move and you die," Veil growled to the stranger. " Now explain what's going on, and who sent you."

36 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

The glow faded into a shimmering cloud above Naermen's head, and she gasped. Three people dressed strangely were gathered around another body, one who didn't move. She didn't recognize any of them.

But one of them was obviously in danger. "What can I do to help?" she asked, and all three heads swiveled towards her in shock.

“By telling us who you are, how you got here and not causing any trouble.” 

34 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

"Naermen? I've heard about you. someone tried to assassinate Solace, and succeeded, while we were trying to save him, someone who I assume is a TUBA assassin came to finish the job. We got him out, but the assassin is practically unstoppable, Rashan tried, and got stabbed in the chest. I need someone to get into the cognitive realm and keep charging his shadow with investiture. He should be walking with Harmony as we speak. I need about 4 hours to make a soul bond card and bronze spike, what investiture do you have access to?"

Am I alive yet?
Response to @Kidpen

"Like this." He snapped his fingers and Leya disappeared. "Off you go back to the cognitive realm. You'll just need to find a body."

Rhazien yawned. "Back to my nap. But before I do..."

Rhazien traced an odd complex, yet symmetrical, symbol. Engaging the magic within the symbol he shut the Beyond down, at least until he finished his nap.

Edited by Mraize

@Mraize, you can come back when you are ready, we gave you all the means to return :)

"So, which one of you two are gonna go and keep rashan company?" Devaan said, walking into a secret room by opening a hidden door disguised in a bookshelf

His card-making lab. 

He set to work, melting the nicrocil, he had to call in some favours from an Elantrian, thats gonna cost some so he can charge a focus card.

Sethramir didn't work. I was wearing armor.

Hazekiller smiled. Childish. Veil gripped the knife tighter. Suddenly, an Aviar knocked him down by dive-bombing. Haze picked up the fallen focus card. Typhoon lifted his Shardblade and walked away. He walked to find his informant. He did, and the man sent him to HQ. Now inside, he explained the situation. They gave him a replacement rope and armor. They also gave him a cylinder that absorbed Stormlight. He tapped the card and appeared right outside the house. He saw Naermen inside, and teleported back to base. They gave him several objects of importance. This time, he teleported right inside. 

"Naermen! Would you like some things?" Typhoon gave her Nei'an's hat, Aviar, truncheon, knife, and his final deathant bomb. Then, he turned to Li TaiRu and advanced, Blade in hand.

Hang on, two things.

1) There is no way Devaan's home could have been found. you don't even know what planet it's on. The house is very new, so there are no records of it on account of it being built by Devaan singlehandedly

2) The card I left in the GB home was tapped dry of Aon Tia

There is no way you can get to Devaan's house

Veil was satisfied. As he picked himself up off the floor, he pulled out a handheld device. 

"Perfect." Veil said to himself out loud. The device in his hand was a compass, modified with the directional aons to track someone. He'd had an Elantrian make it for him, and his time spent time finding willing to do it had paid off. He was just glad that was able to slip the card into the mans pocket. Dusting himself off, Veil jumped out the window and lashed in the direction the compass was pointing.  

Edited by ShardBreaker

Wow. A lot has happened since I last checked in. :lol: BB summoned me, so here I am. Conveniently my character has been in the building this whole time. Inconveniently, he's a little late. 

Mace tapped the table leg in front of him. It sounded hollow. Furtively glancing at the pair of guards glaring at him from down the hall, he slipped a knife from his belt. He quickly stabbed the leg, piercing it and likely severely reducing its value. Not that he cared. After all, it wasn't his stuff. Rhazien had invited him to the Ghostblood headquarters to ensure it was safe, so that's what he was doing. His actions during the afternoon had left holes in most of the furniture and floorboards in the building. And while he had found several empty secret compartments, a spinning wall, and a pipe that needed replacing, he had yet to find anything really dangerous. Still, it never hurt to be extremely thorough. 

With a grin, he got to his feet and looked around for the next location to search. He wanted to get into the vault so he could poke around, but the guards were having none of it. In fact, they'd only allowed him into the halls to the right and left of it, and of course, the massive ballroom directly above the vault. He'd slipped into some of the side rooms when they weren't looking too. But one can only look at so many torture rooms without getting bored, so he'd gone back to putting holes in expensive looking stuff. 

As he walked back to the main entrance, he spotted a flower vase he'd missed. It was ornate, with a pretty flower design on the front. Mace grabbed it by the neck, flipped it over, and used his knife to pop off the stamp on its bottom. It reverted to an ugly piece of shaped clay, so he tossed it aside. He'd done this to nearly ever vase and ornament he'd found so far. 

As he walked, he began to notice that the guards around him were looking concerned. A group of them hurried past him and into a side corridor. Curious, Mace followed. 

They led him to a door, solid and old looking. Two dozen guards stood looking at it, but none of them seemed willing to open it. Feigning an air of authority, Mace pushed his way to the front. 

"You two!" he shouted, pointing at a random pair of guards. "Don't let anyone in until I come back!" One of them moved to object, saying something about his orders, but Mace elbowed him aside. With a wink, Mace thrust open the door, and entered the room beyond, slamming the door shut behind him. 

The room turned out to be a simple sitting room. Mace was tempted to turn back, but at that moment a smell hit his nostrils. The smell of blood mixed with sweat. The smell of a battle. 

Curious, he followed it to its source. It led him to a room with a shattered door. There was blood on the floorboards, and a some ripped cloth lay discarded by the wall. It appeared that Mace had missed something exciting. Unfortunately, there was nobody around to tell him what it had been. With a sigh, Mace sat down on the floor to think. 

Solace woke from a dream. Dying wasn't pleasant. He had been healed at a price. during the time he had been waiting to be healed much of Rhazien's accumulated investiture had leaked from him. All Rhazien's hard work gone. Not to mention his poor spren bond-transferred bond-now broken. There was nothing he could do about it. Or was there? 

"Thank you gentlemen for bringing me back." Solace said standing. "I regret to announce that much of my accumulated investiture is gone. Everything, except the power I was born with. With that said I am still very powerful. I have my weapons still. I have my bond to my newly created Blade, giving me the surges of Transportation and Illumination. I also still have the powers of Mistborn, and one that I will not mention as of yet. Drakon has declaired war, and we shall give it to him. A seven day war, upon the Alleyverse its self. There is something I need to do. Would you please accompany me back to the Alleyverse?"

"Of course, but allow me to fix Rashan first, my card is done, my elantrian friend couldn't stay after taking my precious coin, but he charged the card."

Devaan put the card in Rashan's hand, it glowed with Aonic Energy as he reflexively tapped it, he gasped, alive and looked down at his chest, where his shard blade wound was not too long ago

"I'm... Alive?"

"Yeah."

"How?"

A spren flitted around Devaan, he looked to it and smiled "I remember those who have been forgotten"

16 hours ago, BitBitio the Mudkip said:

You called?

I'll have my character come ASAP. Why do you need them? And what is happening? How do you need their help? What happened in the last couple RP's? What is the meaning of life? When will i finally understand? Is it a squid or a kid?

Edited by Inklingspren

A mid-sized Labrador retriever slowly trotted up towards the gates of the Ghostbloods building, head raised and seeming to follow some kind of scent.
It stopped at the gates and began letting out a low growl.

I couldnt follow. Is the fight over? I'm assuming it is.

Naermen thought about Solaces words. The Alleyverse? Would she finally find the answers to her questions?

"Voice thing," Naermen thought. "Can you teleport more than one person?"

'No.' the voice said. 'Just thinking about it almost brought down an Unbiased to slay me for being too overpowered,'

"Darn," she thought. At least she had Nei'an's things. She hadn't been able to fight with the shock it gave her. Nei'an's aviar, Claw, squawked happily. 

"Is there a way to help them get to the Alleyverse?" she asked.

'Not unless they become my hosts as well,' the voice replied, somewhat smugly.

Naermen sighed, turning to the others. "I assume you have a way out, Solace?"