Cognitive/Physical Realm Distance on Roshar?

Temoo

Question

Seeing as how we’ve only observed physical manifestations of cognitive beings as a result of direct human cognitive perception happen on Roshar, is it possible the separation between the Physical and Cognitive Realms on Roshar is much thinner than normal?

Nowhere else in the cosmere have we seen human perception direct concepts into becoming cognitive beings, and then physically manifest.

2 answers to this question

It is a property of the expanse that Roshar occupies. There were spren in Roshar's cognitive realm before people were there. People's thoughts and intents affect other worlds with a similar strength, but Roshar's unique mechanics feed on that cognitive perception like no other. 

Edit: Rshara beat me to it. Also, as she pointed out, most systems do not have Investiture so readily available, which at least some of the local spren seem to feed on. Its unknown if the spren could exist without the highstorms, at least in their current forms.

Edited by Wandering Investor

I don't think so. The spren were created by Adonalsium and their bonds with the ecology of Roshar predate the Shattering, so I think Roshar and the spren were simply designed to work the way they do. Spren also exist on planets other than Roshar and take physical forms as well (Seons and Skaize. Seons, particularly, are literal embodiments of their Aons). They're just not as predominant in other places because Roshar is a high-investiture planet, and most others are low-to-medium.