Merrickz

The Ladrian Line

14 posts in this topic

So having read some WOBs and I’ve been becoming more and more certain that Wax and Steris’s child/ren will appear in The Lost Metal. So my question is do people think that this will happen? and if so how will this effect Wax and his character?

Sidenote: I believe this is how we will find out how we will find out how Snapping was changed by Harmony 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Wax might be a little more careful if he becomes a father. I doubt he will want to make his kid fatherless. He’d also pay more attentions to his house, so that he doesn’t leave it in shambles like his father and uncle did for him.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet if he has a kid then it'll just be kidnapped and used against him. The Set could make one of their corrupted kandra pretend to be someone the kid trusts, and then take them away. Then again, they might not be interested in Wax for much longer. They'll be busy launching underground assaults on Southern Scadrial. We'll see. But also, there could be other organizations tracking Wax's movements. He is the most famous (and effective) lawman on the continent, as well as being "one of three crashers ever born." His child(ren), assuming they ever make their way into a book, will be big for the plot, I think.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna see how Feruchemy manifests. Also from what Brandon said in a recent WOB is that the first scene of Lost Metal is set a couple years after the last one with Marasi and Wayne doing the whole crime solving thing as wax has apparently retired for “a thing” that thing seems like a Little baby Ladrian, can’t wait to see this child snap, and then possibly manifest Feruchemical powers. The more mechanics we learn about the Metallic Arts the more exciting they become. 

Ill be very interested to see how the southern continents tech will impact the world as well as how in Alloy it’s stated that the Terris are looking for the Terris homeland again and how a frozen hostile land is paradise to them. Sounds like the Village is moving down under!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Merrickz Feruchemy doesn't "manifest" you born already with your Feruchemy avaliable.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that there's not enough time for them to have a child by the time TLM rolls around. It's only a year or two after BOM. and mostly, it takes a while before conception occurs. I mean, it's possible, but I don't feel it's likely. And even if she got pregnant right away, the child would barely be talking and walking by TLM.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yata has that ever been explicitly said? 

 

@RShara I know what you mean, but I can’t help but feel like it’s perfect timing for Brandon to have a Ladrian heir especially as Steris made such a big deal in her contract about them needing an heir. In my opinion she will be at the very least pregnant as it feels like it would fit the pace of the story of Wax and Steris

AoL: Courting

SoS: Engagement 

BoM:Marriage 

TLM:Children

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BoM ended with a romantic kiss above the mists and several days in the hotel penthouse on their honeymoon. Seems like a good time for conception to happen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can’t wait for little baby Wax to burn pewter and destroy the house. 

Also, Wayne would make a great pseudo-uncle!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how likely it is, but I would love it if there was a little baby Ladrian in the books. Maybe I just read the wrong books, but I feel like people having babies is rarely a thing in the books I read. And I would love to have it. It is such a life changing event. It would be really interesting in a Sanderson book where characters and plot mix so well. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 1:00 PM, RShara said:

I think that there's not enough time for them to have a child by the time TLM rolls around. It's only a year or two after BOM. and mostly, it takes a while before conception occurs. I mean, it's possible, but I don't feel it's likely. And even if she got pregnant right away, the child would barely be talking and walking by TLM.

Are you really saying that Steris, who wants an heir, does not keep a chart of her period/ovulation cycles, which would tell her when the best times to get pregnant would be? I mean, I realize that doesn't automatically mean she'll be expecting but if anything is "likely" it's that Steris will have this all planned out and will do all she can to make it happen.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 1st of Lunch said:

Are you really saying that Steris, who wants an heir, does not keep a chart of her period/ovulation cycles, which would tell her when the best times to get pregnant would be? I mean, I realize that doesn't automatically mean she'll be expecting but if anything is "likely" it's that Steris will have this all planned out and will do all she can to make it happen.

Even today, with thermometers, cycle trackers, etc etc, it can take months or years to conceive. This idea does up the possibilty, though, so we'll see!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 6:33 PM, Apollyon said:

I just can’t wait for little baby Wax to burn pewter and destroy the house. 

Also, Wayne would make a great pseudo-uncle!

Wayne and children probably should not mix, he is the bad uncle who would encourage a young misting or ferring to do something destructive with their powers.  ie: pewter as you said, steel or iron in both systems could be very bad. Also, the kid might be one of the first mistborn in a generation. Wax got a massive dose of basically raw investure in BOM and as we all know, that tends to effects on the body. It would not surprise me if a child of Wax and Steris is a full Feruchemist or a Mistborn. Which would then have to be tutored by our favorite psycho: Kelsier.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gasper said:

Wayne and children probably should not mix, he is the bad uncle who would encourage a young misting or ferring to do something destructive with their powers.  ie: pewter as you said, steel or iron in both systems could be very bad. Also, the kid might be one of the first mistborn in a generation. Wax got a massive dose of basically raw investure in BOM and as we all know, that tends to effects on the body. It would not surprise me if a child of Wax and Steris is a full Feruchemist or a Mistborn. Which would then have to be tutored by our favorite psycho: Kelsier.

A Wax's child is greatly unlikely to be' a Mistborn as the Wax's terris heritage would damp this possibility.

A full Feruchemists is also unlikely for mostly the same reason.

In the best scenario, Wax's children would be Twinborns like him or the most likely scenario will gave Misting 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.