Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Szmit

[OB] Just another Unity theory

10 posts in this topic

Could Unity be the merged Honor and Cultivation? That is the overlap of growth and keeping things bonded. A supergod like Harmony that is beeing made by Cultivation to avenge Honor.

If that would be the case mabye he would be the only being capable of undoing splintering or shattering.

Edited by Szmit

I could see Cultivation 'cultivating' the honor shard into the new Adonalsium through Dalinar as the first step. But I don't see cultiation+honor alone being Unity like preservation and ruin equalling Harmony.

I do like the possibility of the break between the front 5 and back 5 of SA being Dalinar binding devotion and dominion to himself to tip the power against Odium.

Edited by Kaladin Zahel
Wrong shard name

1 hour ago, Kaladin Zahel said:

I do like the possibility of the break between the front 5 and back 5 of SA being Dalinar binding devotion and dominion to himself to tip the power against Odium.

Devotion and Dominion are localized to, and trapped in Sel's Cognitive Realm... How would this even begin to occur? 

There has to be a reason Elantris 2&3 can't be written until after SA5 so it's possible Dalinar and/or everyone's favorite cognitive entity could get it. Devotion would work well with Dalinar's other shard or whatever, devoted to unity. It's entirely possible I think. Granted, I'm not as cosmerically aware as most seem to be on here so maybe there is a reason that wouldn't work. If you put adonalsium back together, that will require movement.

6 hours ago, Calderis said:

Devotion and Dominion are localized to, and trapped in Sel's Cognitive Realm... How would this even begin to occur? 

I was imagining Dalinar going to Sel and using his pillar of awesomeness to merge the cognitive with the physical and binding the splinters together and picking the whole shards up.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:01 AM, Kaladin Zahel said:

I could see Cultivation 'cultivating' the honor shard into the new Adonalsium through Dalinar as the first step. But I don't see cultiation+honor alone being Unity like preservation and ruin equalling Harmony.

I was reading a thread the other day and wondered about this, because I could maybe see some mixture of Odium, Cultivation, and Honor making Unity if for no other reason then that their collective struggle against each other would make them Unity because of how polar opposite they are and then merging into one.... idk.

But that's kinda Mistborn all over and SA is where Brandon's gonna introduce and clarify a lot of aspects of the cosmere and reforging a splintered shard is something he ALWAYS RAFO cards people about as soon as they get any sort of specific. So it would be a really interesting thing to not only see a splintered Shard put back together, but put back together combined with the power of another/ multiple other splintered  Shards (ironically also splintered by Odium) to make a completely new shard. 

Now it's kind of unlikely  as Dalinar would have to discover how to Worldhop and reforge a splintered Shard then go to Sel with Honor put back together already and snatch up a bunch of splinters, but it would be great to see. 

I strongly think that SA will remain contained to the three Shards. 

Part of this has to do with the themes of the story. The Shards tie in to the themes that are present, and adding more would alter those. 

In SA we have some major themes consistening of growth (Cultivation), responsibility (Honor), and Prejudice and discrimination (Odium, and his attempts to justify himself as Passion). 

I don't think we need to introduce more shards here. 

On 5/30/2018 at 2:37 PM, Angsos said:

There has to be a reason Elantris 2&3 can't be written until after SA5

We don't know that. In fact, we previously knew the opposite:

On 5/27/2018 at 11:35 PM, The One Who Connects said:

State of the Sanderson 2015. (It's things like this that make me realize just how much content Brandon puts out) 

January 2016: Wax and Wayne 3
February 2016: Reckoners 3 (final book)
June 2016: Alcatraz 5
Sometime 2017: Stormlight 3
Sometime 2017: Rithmatist 2
Spring 2018: New YA project 1
Fall 2018: Wax and Wayne 4 (final book)
Sometime 2019: Stormlight 4
Sometime 2019: New YA project 2
Sometime 2020: Elantris 2
Sometime 2020 New YA project 3 (final book)
Sometime 2021: Stormlight 5 (ending of first arc)
Sometime 2022: Elantris 3 (final book)

The only thing we know is that Elantris has to be finished before Mistborn Era 3 happens.

Brandon Sanderson
Elantris sequels

The Emperor’s Soul is now two years old, so it is probably time to get back to Sel and do some more there. We should be releasing a trade paperback of Elantris in the next year or two, with revised (and new) maps and a better Ars Arcanum. (Read: an Ars Arcanum.)

The full sequels will need to be finished before I can do the contemporary (1980s tech) Mistborn novels because of behind-the-scenes Cosmere bits, so I will do my best to find a place to squeeze these in. At the very least, I will write them following the end of Stormlight 5. So, these are distant, but not too distant.

I mixed those two up, I new Elantris had to be complete before something and mixed Mistborn up with Stormlight

11 minutes ago, Angsos said:

I mixed those two up, I new Elantris had to be complete before something and mixed Mistborn up with Stormlight

No worries. We get such a large and constant influx of information that it was only a matter of time before someone else mixed up one thing with another.