Salutations!

Wedge

Hello!

Years ago I introduced my best friend to these books. Now she’s paying back the favor by introducing me to the 17th Shard. Thanks, my witty, witless friend.

I’m a devoted wordnerd who has a hankering for reading and writing fantasy. More often than actually getting to do either of these activities, I just enjoy weaving/admiring plots and well made cultures, philosophizing, and rolling intriguing words around my head all day until I finally look up the definition. Does anyone else get this?

Welcome to the Shard have a Upvote and a cookie, I too love words, have you ever heard of the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis and linguistic relativism? 

Thanks, my witty, witless friend.

Hmmmm, is your friend @I am Witless?

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

On 5/25/2018 at 11:54 AM, The Forgetful Archivist said:

What, me give out spiked cookies that create hemalergic monsters??? My cookies can ensure longish life and interesting powers :D

Haha, I'm a bit concerned about the "ish" and "interesting" when my life is on the line. Though if you like, I have some good Herdazian guacamole. ;)

Hmm. Favorite character... has to be Hoid. I wish I could sit him down and ask him a few age old questions that we earthdwellers have only begun answering.

Nope, I haven't heard of that Sapir-Whorf hypothesis or about linguistic relativism, though it's already catching my imagination.