Hi. I am a stick.

Musespren

I suspect someone has already used a similar title. But hey, it's not an originality contest, is it? Anyway, here I am. :) I was introduced to The Way of Kings by two friends. The first time around, my brain was full of academic reading for school and not able to focus on novels for some strange reason. (I always drank them in when I was younger.) The second time around, I was still in school, but doing more hands on music things. (School still didn't really give me time to read extracurricular stuff but, you know . . . It happened.) I made it through the prologues and fell in love with the characters. I think I could relate to them more than I would've before, since I'd experienced some unexpected and serious loss. I still would've loved them, but not connected with them as much.

I'm rambling. I do that. So, I read WoR, and while waiting for Oathbringer, started on the Mistborn trilogy. Since ploughing through Oathbringer, I'm finishing up Hero of Ages. That's the extent of my Brandon Sanderson reading as of now, and I've loved it. The characters, worldbuilding, and insight into human nature are amazing.

I'm an aspiring writer and composer myself. Well, I am a writer and composer. Aspiring in the sense that I want to become a professional at both. I've been working on my own fantasy trilogy for forEVER, struggling to shape a compelling plot for my characters. I think I'm close this time. I'm so glad I've read Brandon Sanderson because now I know it's ok to get openly philosophical and really into the characters' inner thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. I was doing those things, but with some hesitation. Now, no hesitation! :) (The question that remains for me is the right moments to put the philosophy and inner monologues.)

Well, back to homework . . .

Welcome to 17th shard! Uh, I think I'm supposed to say something about not eating cookies with spikes in them and staying clear of shady folk, but I'm still new at this myself. Anyways, don't give your breath to anybody, and try out some of Brandon's other works, like Warbreaker, which I'm planning on reading myself just as soon as it gets back into the library.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:05 AM, Sanin said:

Welcome to 17th shard! Uh, I think I'm supposed to say something about not eating cookies with spikes in them and staying clear of shady folk, but I'm still new at this myself. Anyways, don't give your breath to anybody, and try out some of Brandon's other works, like Warbreaker, which I'm planning on reading myself just as soon as it gets back into the library.

Thanks for the tips. :) I'm not sure what the breath deal is all about. It must be important. Which part of the Cosmere is it from? (Wherever it's from, I hope it's at the library.)

On 5/24/2018 at 6:23 AM, Archer said:

Welcome! I am a stick. 

And there can only be one stick in this h're town.... 

I'm totally kidding. The more the merrier! So tell me, if you had a cosmere themed amusement park, what's one ride you'd put in it? 

All the other sticks in town turned into fire . . .

A cosmere themed amusement park. That's one I might actually go to. My first thought is a windrunner ride. That would mean messing with people's sense of gravity. Hmm . . . But if they just managed to pull off the sensation of flying, that would be awesome.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:16 AM, Rebecca said:

Welcome to the Shard! We’re glad to have you. Have an upvote and happy reading! Who’s your favorite Sanderson character? 

Thanks! I'm glad to be here! I'd have to say my favorite character is Kaladin. Shallan (as Shallan) and Wit/Hoid are up there too.

56 minutes ago, Musespren said:

Thanks for the tips. :) I'm not sure what the breath deal is all about. It must be important. Which part of the Cosmere is it from? (Wherever it's from, I hope it's at the library.)

Warbreaker. 

(oh, and friendly reminder, the moderators get grumpy when you double post:)

• 3 weeks later...

@Musespren, just so you know, there is a free online copy of Warbreaker online at Sanderson’s website at brandonsanderson.com.  So, you don’t even need to go to the library to read it (unless you really prefer hard copies over digital :D).  Anyways, happy reading!