FeruJewls (Get'em Invested) [Shop/Store]

Kaj

For all worldhoppers out there. Come and get some invested jewelry.

First selection:

Awakened Earring:

• First Personal Assistant.
  • Name: Corin
  • Abilities: An extra sense. While wearing this, it will provide any information known to it about the area you are in up to ten feet in any direction. It remembers questions and has a sense of humor.
  • Metal: Aluminum (For more human personality)  Tin (For its sense of your surroundings.)
  • Cost: While active, it will feed on 25% of your all your senses until you take it off.
  • Look: Just an aluminum tin stud with a bent back.

Infinity Gauntlet:

In honor of Avengers: Infinity War, this one is on special sale.

• Abilities: When fingers are snapped, half of all living things within a five-foot radius crumble to dust.
  • Metal: Unknown
  • Cost: Feeds on the wearer like Nightblood. Be ready to remove from package.
  • Drawbacks: Besides the cost, invested objects are resistant to the Infinity Gauntlet's effects.
  • Look: See Image.
  • Note: The gems are normal.

Copper:

• The memory maker. Can store memories and retrieve them for the wearer like any coppermind. Acts like a personal assistant and automatically restores clarity and organization.
  • Look: Just a copper stud of the same design as Corin.
  • Cost: Stores all of your memories as well. There are no secrets to the Professor.
  • Name: Professor
  • Metal: Copper

Sold.

Any takers?

If there is a better place to post this for Alley Verse members, let me know.

IG.jpg

cstud.jpg

stud.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was under the impression that it could.

Questioner

Say you have a Feruchemist who pours Identity into a metalmind. Then subsequently loses that mind, and then is later Awakened? Would that mind retain the personality of--

*Everyone laughs, Scottish man says "it's 11 o'clock at night, give the man a break!"*

Brandon Sanderson

Okay, so they store Identity—which I haven't told you what it does--

Questioner

Yep. We don't know.

Brandon Sanderson

And then you Awaken it, and then you want to know if it has the personality of the person?

Questioner

Yeah, or if it's able to communicate in any way.

Brandon Sanderson

Um, if-- how much Awakened is it? Is it Nightblood-level Awakened? Or is it just regular Awakened?

Questioner

Sure let's say Nightblood-level.

Brandon Sanderson

Nightblood-level. So it's-- so the Investiture has been granted sapience. And it's got Investiture from somebody else stuffed in it. I can foresee a scenario where that has an influence, but it's not going to be the personality of the person who stuffed it in. I can see some circumstances where they can-- where the Investiture of the object can make use of that in some way, but...

Oh boy, that was a weird one.

source

28 minutes ago, Kaj said:

I was under the impression that it could.

Considering it reads like it was late and even Brandon says "oh boy that's a weird one", I'm not sure if Brandon even realized the metalmind would've been aluminium. In fact there's this WoB which directly says aluminium can't be Awakened (relevant part in italics):

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/76-shadows-of-self-chicago-signing/#e6364

Argent

On Nalthis, can aluminum prevent somebody from Returning? So if you kill somebody with aluminum and leave the weapon in them?

Brandon Sanderson

I don't think that's going to be enough. I think that…

Argent

Different way then?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah there are totally ways. I don’t think that that’s going to be enough. There's a difference between being inert and blocking Investiture, and actually sucking out Investiture. If you stuck Nightblood inside of a corpse; there are certain things… if you had a larkin or whatever sitting there that ingests the Investiture as it was coming in, that would prevent [Returning]. I think with aluminum you would just have somebody that comes alive with a wound, so maybe... But I think it would just heal around [the aluminum] and you'd just have a spike in you, kind of like Hemalurgy—but not like Hemalurgy. It's inert, but you know what I mean.

Argent

Which suggests you can't actually Awaken aluminum.

Brandon Sanderson

No. It's not going to hold a charge.

Kurkistan

I assume you can't Forge it, either.

Brandon Sanderson

No. In fact the unForgable metal-

Argent

Ralkalest?

Brandon Sanderson

There's an unForgeable metal mentioned.

Kurkistan

Could we call it aluminum if we wanted to?

Brandon Sanderson

Let's just say that aluminum through most cultures was considered a mythological metal, and when people could actually find some, they considered it more valuable than gold, in our culture. So just sayin'...

@Archer yes. Might I suggest my Bendalloy assistant. She has as of yet unbonded and reserved for a special guest. Judging from our previous encounter she is the fit for you. If you would like, you may see if she accepts the bond. 

Kaj holds up the bendalloy bracer.

The bracer warms to his touch and he gets a distinct impression of someone just beneath the surface of consious thought.

"It seems likely that she will accept the bond. She is of an advanced command that took two people to visualize. The best way to think of it is like a sore. Remember that she feeds off of you. If you neglect her, she will deteriorate back to a normal bendalloy metalmind. Filling and tapping the metalmind is what she thrives on. There are also a few unexpected results as well. For now only time will tell. I am suspicious that with her, you will be able to do something similar to Lift as well."

Kaj removes the gemstones from the bracer and an aluminum strip falls to the floor.

"Hello there," a feminine voice speaks into Archer's mind. "Are you ready to make a difference in the world? I am hungry."

A feeling of hunger washes over Archer.

"She took. She is yours to keep." Kaj says, nodding respectfully. 

I started freaking out just a little. I instinctively slowed, filling the metalmind a small amount before catching myself. 

"Hello ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you." The disembodied voice would take some getting used to, but it would be worth it. 

"She's perfect. Everything as advertised and more. Please, take this for your troubles."

I passed a large sack to Kaj. 

@Life&Death The two offered above are available publicly.  The other fourteen awakened metalminds are reserved for special people and most of those haven't actually been awakened. I offer a standard selection of unkeyed metalminds, some hemalurgic jewelry, rosharan fabrials, and awakened objects. The behavior of an awakened metalmind is similar to bonding to a higher spren and there are unknown side effects. @Archer's is as of yet unbounded, but as it is not of Honor and Cultivation it is uncertain how the bonding will go. I am mostly a custom craftsman and while I have a standard selection of items and specials for first time buyers, if you are looking for invested objects I am open to orders. What exactly are you looking for? If you do want an awakened metalmind, tell me more about yourself so that I might determine what might be best for you.

@Life&Death I highly recommend any of Kaj's products. Quality craftsmanship, friendly service, reliable design. And they're super helpful.

I just had mine proofread this post for me. 

(Did you know they can also shamelessly break the fourth wall? :D)

Edited by Archer

I'll make one specially for you. I have decided that an aluminummind can be awakened because the endowment would use the opening created by the feruchemical charge to get in.

What metal and size? And what can I know about your character so that I can give it the proper command? If you just want the default ones the tin earring costs a thousand breaths and the copper earring costs a secret memory. The memory can be PM'd.

@Life&Death I have formed the command and am ready to awaken it.

Capabilities: Allows Soul (once bonded) to store and tap and burn duralumin. Feeds slightly on Soul's connection, but compounding helps counteract this. Drawbacks: When storing, any metalmind only receives 50% of connection. 25% goes to the bond, and 25% goes to the side effect. The side effect is that through connection, besides the normal benefits, it will help contain urges like extreme bloodlust. This is done by the connection to Soul's freedomspren. It makes diminishes the things that go against the Ideals of a Skydancer. They are still there but are within controllable ranges. 

"I will be on a trip for a short time, so come pick it up when I get back."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...