Yay! MLT badges! *High-fives @Arraenae 

I had fun spec'ing the game, Steel. Great job running it! And I agree with Alv that all your write ups were very enjoyable.

Congrats to the elim team for pulling off the win even though I -at many points- was quite certain the village would win (as can be seen in the spec doc). XD 

5 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Congrats to the elim team for pulling off the win even though I -at many points- was quite certain the village would win (as can be seen in the spec doc). XD 

You where also quite certain I was village though :P 

I thought the village was going to win as well though, with the remaining elims making a bit of a fight out of it, but once the village started that string of mis-lynches, things started to look up.

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this already, but Steeldancer did a good job with organizing the game and his write-ups where always fun to read.

Edited by randuir

1 minute ago, randuir said:

4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

You where also quite certain I was village though :P 

Shush I eventually realised my mistake. :P

My main take away from this game is that I should never be on the opposite side of Mr. Doctor. He was far too good at this to be playing for his first time. All of the elims did fantastic. Good game to them. My other take away is that I should very specifically make sure Val doesn't have any sudden impulses to murder me in the night. Other than that, fantastic GM job to Steel!

Well done, as has been stated before, to Doctor. I have three main takeaways from this game:

1. My record of trusting Eliminators is bad, still. 

2. I shouldn’t have toned down my paranoia as the game progressed—I should have upped it, and suspected the “cleared” people like Doctor and Straw. I blame Sart for trying to tone it down. :P 

3. Tone and voting patterns don’t clear people. Ever. I need to relearn this lesson as many times as it takes. I cleared Doctor and Walin for this, and I hopefully shan’t do it again. Knowing me, I probably will. 

Overall, it was a fun game, even if I’m slightly annoyed at myself for again leading the village down the wrong path. Well played Elims, and thanks to my fellow villagers for being kind enough to put up with my constant suspicions of you guys. :P 

I would like to congratulate the Guards, especially Mr. Doctor. He played amazingly, and was quite the convincing villager. The first thing I did when i got to the dead doc was determine who the remaining Elims were, and I could not stop myself from applauding. I did not suspect any of you (except perhaps Walin). If I had looked closer, I might have been able to see the chinks in your armor, but alas, I did not.

This was a wonderful game, Steel! Very fun, great writeups, and perfect theme.

Well played, guys. Good to see the bad guys win one :D

MrDoctor, I'll have to add my name to the list of people that now consider you to be a scary player of the game - I have no idea how you managed to pull the wool over their eyes so completely.

Well well well. I have added up the points, and it came down ridiculously close. 

Before I announce the winner, I have to mention a few honorable mentions. Elenion did a great job in the dead doc and in thread and made me laugh. CadCom also was perfectly matched with Elenion at the end. Too bad Len and his mates took him out. 

In second place, with 46 points, is Mr Doctor. He consistently followed the fashions, and did a darn good job, but the Twue Peanut is....

@Drake MarshallIn the cycle or two he was alive and in the dead doc, he managed to gather up 47 peanut points! 

Besides that, I have a few more awards to give. 

@Sart and @Mr Doctor are receiving the As You Wish award for outstanding work for their teams. 

Thank you for your participation. My final game thoughts will happen next time I actually have time (which probably won’t be for another week). 

I do not have access to my laptop for another two weeks, and I will get all award “certificates” to the winners as soon as I get home. 

I apologise to everyone for going inactive this game. It was a couple of factors - I was insanely stressed and busy for a couple of weeks, which started the inactivity off, and I really disliked my win condition in the end. It would've slowed the game down (particularly with the Princess dying so early, but I'd point out that there's absolutely no guarantee that that kill would've happened every cycle - vig kills often don't - so even then it could've been a major problem) and made the inactivity even worse. I intended to keep playing regardless and ignore my win condition, but it got to the point where this game was stressful instead of fun and I couldn't afford that. Hopefully that won't happen again, and I did enjoy the bit of the game when I was playing, so thank you to everyone for that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Only a couple days until I get back to my laptop, at which point I will promptly distribute the awards. But I have a minute to share my game thoughts. 

On the whole, I think it went pretty well. I really like how the fashion mechanic worked, and how the game really came down to player play quality, not the power roles. Both sides stood a fair chance of winning, and I was happy about that. Working with Alvron was an absolute blast. I enjoyed GMing it.

Now, there were some issues. Namely, inactivity and Miracle Max. Inactivity was way too common, and I was kind of hurt that people weren’t enjoying the game. Quality pinch hitters helped a TON, though. It’s partly my fault for pushing the game so hard on people who might not have been able to keep up activity. But I will definitely run the next games activity filter very differently. Finally, Miracle Max got kind of ruined by the death of the Princess. I never took into account the idea that that could happen and how that would affect Max’s win condition. That, on top of the inactivity, made El’s game not a great one, although I am glad it was El who was Max, as she handled that fairly well. In retrospect, I should have given Max pills to start with. That probably would have done the trick if activity had been increased. 

I was very happy that the elim team worked out. 6 people seems to have been the perfect number. 

I will absolutely be back to GM. Next time you see me will probably be in Shadesmar. Or NYC, if I ever figure that one out. Until then, it has been a pleasure running this game and doing write ups. 

• 3 weeks later...

Man, this game was fun. I apologize for being so inactive; seeing as being quiet helped me avoid detection in my first time as an eliminator (which was also my first time as a pinch hitter), I decided that doing so would be a good strategy yet again. It was effective, but I didn't RP very much for an LG, nor did I contribute much to the elim team.

Mr Doctor, you carried the team so well you may as well have been Fezzik on the side of the Guards. You ought to have been the Princed, were it not for RNG.

Steeldancer, thank you for a great game with great writeups, and everyone, well played! I hope to be a lot more active after the summer ends.

Edited by Walin
forgot some words

This game is long past due to be closed up. An enormous thank you is due to Steeldancer for creating and running such a simple yet highly entertaining game, and striving to foster engagement through the usage of “fashions” from cycle to cycle. Additionally, his creative and hilarious writeups kept the game flavourful within the Princess Bride setting he chose.

For the players, the Eliminator team is to be credited for their win, persevering through their struggles with inactivity and early misfortunes which crippled their team from the onset. Special mention goes to Mr Doctor for misleading the entire village in his first game, in dramatic fashion.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Orlok, Alvron or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.
You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!  If you would rather keep some detail secret or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, and Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.
Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: