16 minutes ago, randuir said:

The most important reason for that is that lynching inactives does not give us a firmer hand-hold. Lynching actives at least generates direct interaction and discussion. If we where to all decide to lynch elephant earwax tomorrow, there'd be less of that. I doubt anyone currently active would just go and sit on their hands and do nothing if we decided to lynch someone that's less active, but the discussion around the lynch would generate less information.

I understand the general sentiment very much, but it is a move we should be careful with as we risk losing discussion.

Agreed. Contribution Crusades are about as successful as the real ones. Obviously I don't like inactives, but poke voting them doesn't seem to spur very much activity other than "I'm sorry, I've been busy. I'll try to read over the thread later." That's doesn't give any hints to alignment, so why even bother posting that?

The point I was trying to make was that we were lynching active voters. We need to start voting sooner in the cycle, so people have time to react, instead of this crazy vote-swinging that we've been prone to. The lynch is the village's only way of killing Elims at this point in the game, so it's vital that we utilize it to its full extent.

To combat these low effort posts, I have a suggestion to make. In your first post today, put down a vote. I don't care if you haven't had a chance to read over the thread again. Just use your gut instinct, and lay down an opinion based off the vibe you've been getting. It's totally okay if you change it later if you re-read the thread, or if you come up with a better target. All I want is some record of people's suspicions. This game lives and dies by the lynch so let's actively engage with it.

Day Five: Putrescence

"Reginald Canuk had to take a break from patrolling the castle for the enemy. One could only go so long without finding the garderobe. So, Reginald left his group and found it, which stuck out from the wall of the castle."
"Grandpa... first you have graphic violence... now the characters have to go? This is a very odd story."
"Alvron, those stories you read are entirely unrealistic. Everyone has to use the crapper. It's just a fact of life. And pirates, as disgusting as they might be, have to do it too."

"Fine, just wrap this up quick. It's nasty."
Grandpa Steel cleared his throat, and then continued. "Canuk did his business, and went to pull his trousers up. But he stepped in something as he stood up."
"EW! Grandpa!"
"I haven't even said what it is yet! He steeped in something wet, and slightly sticky- blood. Somebody had tried to stuff the body of Asu Wish down the garderobe hole. Hardly daring to look, Reginald backed up to the door of the garderobe, trying to get a look without being too close. His eyes bulged, and he ran, yanking his trousers up."
Grandpa Steel glanced at Alvron, who was looking a little green. "War isn't pretty."
Alvron said nothing.
"'REFUSE! SLIME! RUBBISH! MUCK! PUTRESCENCE!' Reginald screamed as he ran down the stone corridors towards his squad. They looked at him in utter confusion. Canuk's chest heaved, and he gasped out, 'there was a body,' he rasped in another breath, 'in the hole of the garderobe.'"
"'Yikes,' said Exetes, another member of the squad. 'That sounds nasty. No wonder you were screaming about putrescence and refuse.' But Reginald shook his head violently. "NO. Along with the body, there was a guard coat stuffed in. Someone tried to cover up him being a Guard. He was slime all along.'"
___

"In another part of the castle, an old pirate walked with another old pirate. Cummerbund had once been Roberts. The glory days. He had been called in by the most recent Roberts to help out. But, he was old, and his friend, Mark, hadn't been saying much. Mark was shivering from the cold draftiness of the castle, and so Cummerbund was trying to warm him up so he would say something more. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed one of the rooms had a fire in it. Perfect! He helped Mark in, and they sat on chairs close to the fire, enjoying the warmth. 'So, Mark. You want to say anything? Does being warmer help?' Mark, for his part, said nothing. Cummerbund sighed, and looked into the crackling fire. Who had set that up, anyway? The pirates and guards had been skirmishing in this castle for days now. Who had time to set up a fire, that looked relatively new? He was contemplating that fact when he heard a crack as his friend Mark was pushed into the fire. Mark made no noise as he began to burn. Cummerbund began to run to him, but was winded as someone punched him in the gut. 'I haven't had the opportunity to use my machine on an old man yet. What does sucking the life away do, when there isn't much left? How much pain can you really feel?' Cummerbund was whacked on the head again, and dragged away. 
Meanwhile, Mark hardly moved. Something inside of him had broken at this. But then, he looked at the flames. He was... burning. What a stupid way to die. Flesh seared, he pulled himself out. But he felt different. The fire had burnt something away, a fear. He was no longer mark. Burnt was her name now. And despite her skin screaming at her in pain, she ran to go try and rescue her friend."

Bort is totally dead! He was a Prince's Guard.
Bugsy has been attacked! He is Mostly Dead. 
Mark IV has been pinch hitted. Give it up for Burnt Spaghetti, who will (hopefully) stick around! 

Spoiler

1. Walin (Bill Ted)

2. Bort (Asu Wish)  Prince's Guard

3. Manukos

4. Araris Valerian (Araris) Princess/Buttercup

5. Cadmium Compounder (Indigo Montoya)  Pirate with a Parrot

6. Devotary of Spontaneity (Polydactylous Pterrodactyle)  Spaniard

7. Drake Marshall

8. Hemalurgic Headshot (Leonard Wilkins)

9. Snipexe (Exetes the Wandering Artist)

10. Fifth Scholar (Plaristocrates)

11. Jondesu (Q)

12. Elenion (Shree King Eelz) Prince's Guard with Parrot

13. Roadwalker (Brutus Kowd) Pirate with a Dagger

14. Doc12 (D. Senfalo)

15. Dalinar Kholin (Reginald Canuk)

16. Bugsy (Dread Pirate Cummerbund) Mostly Dead

17. Kidpen (Incan C. Vable) Pirate

18. Straw (Straw)

19. Mr. Doctor (Dead Private Hobbert)

20. Val (Val)

21. Randuir (Captain K.C. Grumbleton)

22. Sart (Grandpa Lace)

23. Elandera

24. Burnt Spaghetti

25. Elbereth (Elenta)

26. Rebecca (Sir Shrei King Eel)  Pirate

27. Rathmaskal (Rath)

cya_1529276400.png

Today's fashion is synonyms! Creative use of repeated synonyms will be rewarded. A continued plea to remain active, please. 

And this is why I've been voting to save myself. I've managed to kill two Eliminators with my vote. Will people stop suspecting me now? Probably not, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished, albeit inadvertently.

And because I promised to put a vote down right away, Straw. I still need to look at everyone's interactions with Bort, but you were sticking out beforehand, and I stand by my read.

Voted on by Bort: Walin, Doc12, Dalinar
Voted Bort: Devotary, Dalinar, Drake Marshall (Eternum), Sart
Light suspicion: Randuir, Doc12
Leans village on Bort: Randuir
Questioned by Bort: Hemalurgic Headshot, Fifth Scholar
Protected by Bort: Randuir

These are my notes on Bort. He didn't attract as much attention as Elenion, so there's less there, but it's still something to work off of. With that in mind, let's go back to my suspicion list.

Probably Villager:
Bugsy: Got killed by the Elims
Hemalurgic Headshot: Elenion and Bort's suspicion
Drake Marshall (Eternum): Involved in lynching both Elims
Sart: Kills both Elims in self-defense
Doc12: Voted on by Bort, and had light suspicions of both Elims
Dalinar: Votes on Bort

Possibly Villager:
Walin: Bort votes for him Day 1
Rathmaskal: Agrees with Eternum about Elenion, but doesn't place a vote

Neutral Reads:
Mr. Doctor: Votes on me, nearly saving Bort. He did have some suspicion of Elenion, but no vote.
Fifth Scholar: I misread one of his posts, which made me think he was defending Elenion. Plus he's voted for Straw in the past.
Elbereth: Neutral role
Elandera (Coop772), Manukos (Elephant Earwax), Burnt Spaghetti (Mark IV): Pinch-hitters who haven't done much
Jondesu: Mostly inactive. I was perhaps too harsh going straight to Elim

Possibly Elim:
Randuir: It's possible that the banter with Elenion was faked. Bort's protection, plus leaning village on Bort in later cycles does not look good..
Snipexe: He nearly saved an Elim. Ironically, his unabashed tunneling on me makes me want to trust him.
Straw: It's quite possible I'm tunneling too hard, hence the promotion to possibly Elim.
Val: Didn't want to post any votes. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Well, I'm not sure Bort gave us a lot of suspects, but his death did give us more people to trust. There's no confirmation of course, but it helps to narrow down the field.

Aww, no parrot on Bort when the fashion is synonyms? Eh, I’ll parrot Monty Python anyway. Note: none of the following should be taken seriously. 

“I wish to speak to the GM.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, server’s closing for maintenance—”

”Never mind that, my lad, I wish to speak to the GM about this Elim what I lynched not half an hour ago in this very LG!”

“Ah, yes, the Prince’s Guard, what wrong with him?”

“I’ll tell you what’s wrong with him. He’s dead, that’s what’s wrong with him.”

“No, no, he’s resting, only mostly dead. It’s a wonderful Elim, innit? Beautiful profile picture.”

“The profile picture don’t enter into it. He’s still dead.”

“No, no, he’s resting.”

“Resting, is he? Alright then, I’ll wake him up. Hello Bort! I’ve got a nice village for you to massacre when you wake up, Guard Bort!”

“There, he posted.”

“He did not! That was the IM moving a post!”

“It was not!”

“Yes it was! *turns to corpse of Bort* Hello Bort! Booorrrt! Wake up, Guard Bort! *bangs corpse against table* Booorrt! *turns back to GM* Now that’s what I call a dead Eliminator.”

“No, no, he’s frightened by your yelling.”

“Look mate, I’ve had just about enough of this. That Eliminator is definitely deceased. And when I lynched him not half an hour ago, you assured me that his lack of activity was due to being tired and shagged out after a spat of terrible IRL issues!”

“He must be mourning the loss of his parrot!”

“Mourning the loss of his parrot, what kind of talk is that? Why did he immediately fall on the floor from inactivity the moment I lynched him?”

“The Prince’s Guards prefer going semiactive! It’s a beautiful Elim, wonderful profile picture, isn’t it?”

“Listen, I took the liberty of examining your Guard, and I found that the only reason he’d been standing up talking in the first place was that his feet had been nailed there.”

“Well, well...of course he was nailed there, otherwise he’d run up to those pirates and then ‘boom!’”

“Look, matey, this Elim wouldn’t ‘boom’ if I put four thousand volts through him. He’s bleeding demised!”

“He’s just mourning—”

“He’s not mourning, he’s passed on! This Eliminator is no more. He has ceased to be. He’s expired and gone to meet his teammate. This is a late Eliminator! He’s a stiff, bereft of life. He rests in peace! If you hadn’t nailed him to the floor he would be pushing up the daisies, run down the curtain and joined the Spec Doc Invisible! This...is an ex-Eliminator!”

“Well, I’d better announce that then.”

I honestly did not expect that lynch to produce an Eliminator, but I am of course pleased that it did. I’m disappointed that Bugsy was killed, as he was a stronger village read of mine (which may have been why he was killed), but at least with Bort flipping Elim Randuir looks even more evil than before, considering Bort’s defense of him helped defuse the lynch on him last cycle. My suspicion of Rand’s hedginess with Len and his vote that sealed Devotary’s death haven’t gone away, either. 

I agree with Sart that Straw doesn’t look very village, but I’m typically wrong when I say that so I’ll hold off on suspecting him unless he’s one of my last options. 

I'm still unconvinced and disbelieving that Sart's vote on both of the Elims so far proves that he's clean. In both cases, he's acted entirely and completely in self-defence, and little else but to save his own skin. Yes, his actions caused two Elims to die, but it was neither a conscious, reasoned, or premeditated action. It was a last-ditch attempt to save and protect himself. In neither Len nor Bort's lynch votes did Sart seem to have any particular suspicions or misgivings of the people he voted on. If it was a 3-way tie and both times he voted on the Elims, the Prince's Guards, the traitors among us, I would say that is strongly Villager-indicative and very lucky. However, the way that it's turned out, it's just lucky and a convenient twist granted to him by fate.

The saving grace, the redeeming factor by which Sart has any claim to validity is that Bort was looking a lot more innocent than Sart was when the vote rolled around, at least in my opinion, by my analysis, and to my intuition. I hadn't really been aware of Bort, I had barely noticed him, and I certainly didn't suspect him. If the Elims were deciding on whom to sacrifice and throw under the bus, Sart would probably have been a better choice because that was the second time he's been a single vote from (mostly) death.

So, the update on Sart puts him more neutral than before. More neutral, but also lucky (and fortuitous, favoured by fate, chosen of Lady Luck, and many more synonyms and similar words).

My vote, the power granted to me by this democratic system, the representation of my voice as a member of these proceedings, will be on Snipexe. I don't especially suspect, hold a grudge, or believe there to be much evil intent in his actions, but I believe that there is a great lack and dearth of activity from him, a void in which content should fill, and I request an explanation for why he is focusing on Sart so much, having posted very little in the preceding cycles.

Wow (gadzooks, gosh, golly, by the gods), that was a lot of synonyms. I hope that it didn't muddy what I was trying to say too much.

This is the second time an elim died with an incredibly small amount of votes on him and wit the second and third votes being very close, so the elim team is pretty inactive, isn't around during turnover and/or doesn't have any vote manipulation.

Anyway, this pretty much clears Dalinar, Drake and Sart. I'm really not seeing much of an argument against Sart at this point (though if it comes to it, Sart and Fifth can't be evil together, as fifth's knife use would have given Sart a village target to lynch last cycle).

I mentioned before that I didn't like the way Snipexe was jumping around yesterday. He first voted to solidify the Fifth lynch when that one looked like t was locked in, and then switched when the Bort wagon started gaining momentum. However, his switch actually moved Fifth from first place, so unless he, Fifth and Bort where all elims together, it's a move that I don't understand. In fact, even in that case it's an odd move as a three-way tie results in two people getting lynched. So despite me being puzzled by the way he moved his vote isn't necessarily indicative of him being an elim.

I'm going to throw a vote on Straw ( @Straw) instead for now (I know, I know, but hear me out here). This is in part a poke-vote, as I'd really like Straw to become more active and start commenting on the game, and the last big game-related post of his was directly related to voting on him. On the other hand, his vote on Sart during the Elenion wagon is also at least slightly suspect, and he seems to fit the (suspected) profile of the remaining elims being rather low activity.

Of the remaining players, @Walin, @Hemalurgic Headshot@Jondesu, and @Doc12 (kinda, but I expect more activity from him if he had the time if he was an elim) would fit the activity profile of low-activity elim (I'm ignoring newly subbed in people right now, though I don't think @manukos has even checked in yet). I've explained ebfore why I'm leaning village on HH, so that leaves Walin, Jondesu and Doc.

I've got nothing on Walin, despite him posting quite a bit. it's noteworthy taht Bort voted on him D1, but that's an action that could go a lot of different ways:

1. Bort really just piked a random guy to vote on: NAI.

2. Bort picked an elim to vote on to do some distancing and had missed the existence of a pre-exisitng vote on Walin: Elim.

3. Bort picked a villager with a vote on them already that he could 'randomly vote on': Village.

Trying to analyze that now just leads to WIFOM in my opinion. However, i really do hope to see some more content, or even just votes from Walin so we can see how he stands on things.

Regarding Jondesu, the only thing I've got against him (apart from fitting the low posting category) is his quick conclusion that both me and Devotary where village, and implicating Doc with it. It seems like that jumped the gun a bit,a s that's the kind of conclusion I'd expect a villager to come up with only after both me and Devotary where dead, so I've got a slight elim read there.

Regarding Doc, he did a lot of decent looking big analysis posts. And then he didn't. He didn't post anything that I really disagree with, and his comment yesterday about having trouble catching up sounded genuine to me, and more importantly, if he is an elim he'd have a team that would/should help him get caught up quickly and easily. It's not much, but I'm not really seeing an elim!doc right now. I do hope he gets caught up an starts posting more soon so that I can refine this read.

On to other things. @Fifth Scholar, are you familiar with the technique of pocketing? Do you think it inconceivable that an elim would try to pocket a villager by stating a solid defense of them when they're at risk of being lynched?

1 hour ago, randuir said:

On to other things. @Fifth Scholar, are you familiar with the technique of pocketing? Do you think it inconceivable that an elim would try to pocket a villager by stating a solid defense of them when they're at risk of being lynched?

You should know that the answer to this question is a resounding yes, Rand. I was pocketed by over half the Elims in the AG, by Orlok and Aman in MR28, and Eternum (though to an admittedly lesser extent) in MR29. I’m infamous for being easy to pocket. Len tried to pocket me earlier this game, but he mostly failed, luckily, because I had strong enough prior suspicion of him. I’m not really sure why you’re asking me this question other than to rub salt in old wounds, so if you have a specific case you’re looking at I’d love it for you to be more explicit. Oh—Bort’s defense of you. Sorry, I can be dumb at times. Umm...I acknowledge the possibility of a pocket, but that doesn’t erase the fact that Bort had no real incentive to move the lynch off you if you were village, as you were an easy target if the Elims were looking for a mislynch, and they’d have been unlikely to interfere unless they thought they could take out an even more dangerous or high-profile villager, and assuming that you were a villager, they would be unlikely to find such a target. I won’t dismiss the possibility of a pocket, though. 

6 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

You should know that the answer to this question is a resounding yes, Rand. I was pocketed by over half the Elims in the AG, by Orlok and Aman in MR28, and Eternum (though to an admittedly lesser extent) in MR29. I’m infamous for being easy to pocket. Len tried to pocket me earlier this game, but he mostly failed, luckily, because I had strong enough prior suspicion of him. I’m not really sure why you’re asking me this question other than to rub salt in old wounds, so if you have a specific case you’re looking at I’d love it for you to be more explicit. Oh—Bort’s defense of you. Sorry, I can be dumb at times. Umm...I acknowledge the possibility of a pocket, but that doesn’t erase the fact that Bort had no real incentive to move the lynch off you if you were village, as you were an easy target if the Elims were looking for a mislynch, and they’d have been unlikely to interfere unless they thought they could take out an even more dangerous or high-profile villager, and assuming that you were a villager, they would be unlikely to find such a target. I won’t dismiss the possibility of a pocket, though. 

Woops, sorry. I hadn't mean that as a way to rub salt in old wounds, just in reference to Borts defense of me. As for why he'd do so when he could have also just let me be lynched, I can only guess. Maybe he expected the lynch on me to go through regardless of his defense, which he could then have swung in his favor. Or maybe I've been so off the mark with my analysis that he didn't consider me an important lynch target right now, but I would have been a useful ally if I trusted him.

3 hours ago, randuir said:

Regarding Jondesu, the only thing I've got against him (apart from fitting the low posting category) is his quick conclusion that both me and Devotary where village, and implicating Doc with it. It seems like that jumped the gun a bit,a s that's the kind of conclusion I'd expect a villager to come up with only after both me and Devotary where dead, so I've got a slight elim read there.

You should know by now that I tend to come up with wild theories, and this one was fairly reasonable by my standards.

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

You should know by now that I tend to come up with wild theories, and this one was fairly reasonable by my standards.

I don't actually. Not saying you're wrong here, but it's never stood out to me before. Do you have some quick examples for me to look back on?

Well, that was fun. Festive. Fantabulous.

Now I have a few random thoughts. Theories. Theses.

As you can see, I seem to like threes. Triads. Trilogies.

On activity, three comments. Communications. Considerations.

• I concur with Sart's caution against lynching the people who vote, although I believe the vote on Bort is partially vindicated by its being correct.
  • I believe the eliminator team has a comparatively high concentration of active players. Before I joined the game, I remember reading a poem Elenion posted that implied the village was losing. That bespeaks a degree of confidence. Certainly the loss of village power roles plays into that, but I don't think the elims could feel in-control of the situation unless they had multiple active players who were working the situation.
  • Because the pinch-hitters just arrived, and their predecessors gave us little to work from, I am definitely against lynching any of them on this cycle. However, I predict that roughly one pinch hitter was stepping in for an eliminator. Even if my hypothesis is correct about the eliminator team's activity levels, it is still statistically likely that they had an inactive player, going off the assumption of a five-player elim team.

In addition to a questionable gut read, Mr Doctor's recent post gives me some pause. Procrastination. Predicament.

• Voting on somebody whom they do not suspect.
  • Voting on somebody for fixating upon Sart, when the post in which they cast they vote is almost exclusively about Sart.
  • An analysis of Sart that strikes me as unusual, though probably NAI.

And now, on Fifth and Randuir. My gut and logic seem to coincide on this count. One of the two is a traitor. Turncout. Treasonist.

• One of the reasons I investigated Bort in the first place was because it felt like they were distancing either Rand or Fifth.
  • As I said, I believe the eliminators have at least another strongly active player, and either Rand or Fifth fits that profile well.
  • I am leaning Randuir at this point, by about 60/40. Fifth's case has some valid points. Also, he voted on somebody whom he did not suspect. I respect campaigning for activity, but seeing as our information about the eliminator team just functionally doubled, I believe a villager might be less keen on poke voting this cycle.

18 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

And now, on Fifth and Randuir. My gut and logic seem to coincide on this count. One of the two is a traitor. Turncout. Treasonist.

• One of the reasons I investigated Bort in the first place was because it felt like they were distancing either Rand or Fifth.
  • As I said, I believe the eliminators have at least another strongly active player, and either Rand or Fifth fits that profile well.
  • I am leaning Randuir at this point, by about 60/40. Fifth's case has some valid points. Also, he voted on somebody whom he did not suspect. I respect campaigning for activity, but seeing as our information about the eliminator team just functionally doubled, I believe a villager might be less keen on poke voting this cycle.

I did have a slight suspicion of straw before, and I did explain why I was suspicious of him now as well.  Anyway, I should have time tomorrow to review Fifth and several others to get a vote down that doesn't have a poking element to it.

Having returned from camp just this morning, it is evident, obvious, quite important that I have some catching up to do. Bort's activity patterns and such have already been picked apart, so I don't think I have much to do there, so I'll move on to the current lynch.

Straw or Randuir?

Though Sart is pretty much cleared in my mind, since he voted on the two lynched Elims (and why would the Elims plan such a weird gamble?), I don't agree with why Straw is so suspicious. I don't see much reason in it other than that, as Rand mentioned, they are in the low-activity category, in which I assume are a few Elims.

As for Rand, this is more interesting. Since Rand has been a vocal player, there is much more to look at, and possibly find fault in. The most Elim-y thing that Rand has done though is the Devotary-Rand lynch-tie. The deliberation in which he did that set off alarms in my head, especially since Devotary had just claimed the Spaniard (and she was telling the truth). It was obviously self-preservation on Rand's part, which looks really bad when the other person was a pretty-much-cleared villager. I could vote on Rand just based on that. Then, taking into account Bort's defense of Rand, it seems that Bort was protecting a teammate. I don't think that Bort is experienced enough nor the rest of the Elim team active enough to orchestrate a pocketing maneuver like Rand suggests. I feel that this is enough to justify lynching Rand

While I maintain suspicion of either Randuir or Fifth, with a slight leaning towards Randuir, on further analysis Walin is now my primary suspicion. Skepticism. Scruple.

• Walin has distanced both Elenion and Bort while they were alive, more than almost any other player has (incidentally, Elenion distanced Bort even harder than Walin did).
  • Last cycle, Walin said he was not voting in this game. As he was quick to point out, playing games with voting is very NAI for Walin. However, which game in particular he chose to play is alignment indicative. Perhaps uncharacteristically, he chose a very safe game to play this time, choosing not to vote at all (very soon after Sart pointed out that people who were voting were in the most danger of getting lynched, no less). Also, this might just be inactivity, but he didn't reply when I asked for elaboration on why he wasn't voting this game.
  • Bort's vote for Walin on the first day is very WIFOM, and Bort could easily have intended that.
  • I lean towards both Randuir and Walin being guilty, but I am a bit more certain of Walin's guilt. Furthermore, all things held equal, I would prefer to lynch the less active player, because it's a lot easier to find fault in an active player of any alignment.

4 hours ago, randuir said:

I don't actually. Not saying you're wrong here, but it's never stood out to me before. Do you have some quick examples for me to look back on?

Not easily available to actually link to. You don’t recall all the times I was saying I was paranoid of people even after they were almost certainly cleared and providing reasons? I did it as Amethyst Scorpion in the AG, too.

Vote Count:
Straw (2): Sart, Randuir
Randuir (2): Fifth Scholar, Drake Marshall, Hemalurgic Headshot
Snipexe (1): Mr. Doctor
Walin (1): Drake Marshall

Not sure what else to say here. Most of the people being voted on are in my distrust list, which makes sense. I would like a post from Straw, but I'm not sure my vote is doing any good while it's there. I'll check in tomorrow to re-evaluate my position.

16 hours ago, Mr Doctor said:

My vote, the power granted to me by this democratic system, the representation of my voice as a member of these proceedings, will be on Snipexe. I don't especially suspect, hold a grudge, or believe there to be much evil intent in his actions, but I believe that there is a great lack and dearth of activity from him, a void in which content should fill, and I request an explanation for why he is focusing on Sart so much, having posted very little in the preceding cycles.

So this is a poke vote? Consider me poked.

My lack of content can be attributed primarily to IRL stuff. I was out of service for a weekend, and have been struggling to catch up. This is also one of the main reasons I have been focusing Sart. He’s been the one I’ve had the most info on, therefore the main section of my focus. Now that I’ve had some time to focus more on the game, I can finally stop tunneling.

Today I’m voting mr. Doctor he was the one who supplied Sarts name as an option towards the lynch, and at nearly the end of the cycle. To me that sounds like a last ditch effort to save Bort. Because I’ve have been tunneling so hard, he’d probably assumed that I’d join the train, which I did. If sart had not been on in time to save  himself, then he would most likely be dead instead. 

This is not a retaliation vote, it’s simply my theory/analysis/crap (those are synonyms right?)

I’m not going to vote. I may point the finger of suspicion, but that’ll happen later today. Perhaps. I don’t know if it’s the right time to weigh in on the suspicion of other people; I’ll just act as neutral as possible.

Like, really neutral. Pretty much just being entertainment rather than a help to either side. I’d rather not get lynched or night-killed, and I also haven’t read many of the posts in recent cycles—any reads I make will be quite off-balance with common knowledge.

@Burnt Spaghetti welcome! Come, join this motley assembly of pirates, eels, a zombie, a strange little girl, and a few other odd individuals as we figure out how most efficiently to kill each other.

10 minutes ago, Walin said:

I’m not going to vote. I may point the finger of suspicion, but that’ll happen later today. Perhaps. I don’t know if it’s the right time to weigh in on the suspicion of other people; I’ll just act as neutral as possible.

This is the best time to weigh in on suspicion. Lack of votes is becoming a real problem, as each vote has significantly more power, which allows people to swing the vote one way or another all on their own. That's exciting, sure, but it's sort of irritating when the outcome of the lynch can come down to a single person's decision a couple of minutes before the end of the Cycle. It makes all of the rest of the analysis feel a bit unnecessary.

Add your voice to the mix. Even if your analysis isn't astounding, it's still worth something. Inactivity is a real problem at the moment, so more posts is good.

6 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Last cycle, Walin said he was not voting in this game. As he was quick to point out, playing games with voting is very NAI for Walin. However, which game in particular he chose to play is alignment indicative. Perhaps uncharacteristically, he chose a very safe game to play this time, choosing not to vote at all (very soon after Sart pointed out that people who were voting were in the most danger of getting lynched, no less). Also, this might just be inactivity, but he didn't reply when I asked for elaboration on why he wasn't voting this game.

I agree that it is rather strange to admit to not voting ahead of time, and attempting to play passive could be a preconstructed defence to keeping in the shadows and below the radar. But at the same time, there are a lot of inactive and barely-active people in this game. That doesn't make this reason against Walin nearly as damning, but I suppose that he's been one of the more active inactives, so he's straddling the fine line between actually inactive and passive. Why do you believe that this game in particular makes that behaviour AI?

7 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

In addition to a questionable gut read, Mr Doctor's recent post gives me some pause. Procrastination. Predicament.

• Voting on somebody whom they do not suspect.
  • Voting on somebody for fixating upon Sart, when the post in which they cast they vote is almost exclusively about Sart.
  • An analysis of Sart that strikes me as unusual, though probably NAI.

Why do you dislike voting on people that aren't suspected? As everyone was very quick to point out to me in the earlier Cycles, voting is extremely useful, and being stingy with votes isn't necessarily the best approach. Does that apply less when there is more information? Why? I would have thought that it would be very situational, because some players might need a poke now and again. But I suppose it makes some sense that poking becomes less relevant as we learn more about each other. If you could explain in more detail why you say that, it would be great.

Could you go into more depth with your suspicions of those two? I don't have all that much on Fifth, where I think that there's enough on Rand to keep me busy and reading for a while now. But hearing your thoughts on both of them would be good.

13 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I was pocketed by over half the Elims in the AG, by Orlok and Aman in MR28, and Eternum (though to an admittedly lesser extent) in MR29. I’m infamous for being easy to pocket. Len tried to pocket me earlier this game, but he mostly failed, luckily, because I had strong enough prior suspicion of him. I’m not really sure why you’re asking me this question other than to rub salt in old wounds, so if you have a specific case you’re looking at I’d love it for you to be more explicit.

Ouch, that must have been unpleasant.

15 hours ago, randuir said:

Of the remaining players, @Walin, @Hemalurgic Headshot@Jondesu, and @Doc12 (kinda, but I expect more activity from him if he had the time if he was an elim) would fit the activity profile of low-activity elim (I'm ignoring newly subbed in people right now, though I don't think @manukos has even checked in yet). I've explained ebfore why I'm leaning village on HH, so that leaves Walin, Jondesu and Doc.

Would you expect new Elims to check in and start posting very quickly, because they have more information to go on and a team to bring them up to speed? You propose that theory with Doc12 later on in this post, and I wonder if that would also apply to new Elims.

(Regarding my vote on Snipexe)

50 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

So this is a poke vote? Consider me poked.

My lack of content can be attributed primarily to IRL stuff. I was out of service for a weekend, and have been struggling to catch up. This is also one of the main reasons I have been focusing Sart. He’s been the one I’ve had the most info on, therefore the main section of my focus. Now that I’ve had some time to focus more on the game, I can finally stop tunneling.

Reasonable. I've used dataset size to justify my own votes. I would definitely like to see you add your voice to the analyses going on. Consider Snipexe un-poked.

52 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Today I’m voting mr. Doctor he was the one who supplied Sarts name as an option towards the lynch, and at nearly the end of the cycle. To me that sounds like a last ditch effort to save Bort. Because I’ve have been tunneling so hard, he’d probably assumed that I’d join the train, which I did. If sart had not been on in time to save  himself, then he would most likely be dead instead. 

This is not a retaliation vote, it’s simply my theory/analysis/crap (those are synonyms right?)

That's a fair reason, but I disagree with parts of it. The timeline doesn't really work out. If I wanted to save Bort, I could have voted on Fifth, who was already at 2 votes at the time. Sart was on 0. I suppose it's reasonable to expect you to join the vote, but since you weren't especially active it seems like a bit of a stretch to be counting on you. Not to mention that it would be one vote and one maybe-vote against whatever Bort was accumulating. I don't expect you to believe me, but the thought had not occurred that anyone would join me in voting against Sart.

As for my late vote...yeah, that's entirely my fault. I stayed up too late, slept in, and left myself with an hour until turnover to provide any sort of coherent reasons to vote. I'm going to try and get a better schedule so that I have a few more hours at the end of the Cycle. Time zones mean that the most exciting discussion always happens when I'm asleep, so I really need that time to catch myself up.

11 minutes ago, Mr Doctor said:

Why do you believe that this game in particular makes that behaviour AI?

Why do you dislike voting on people that aren't suspected?

As everyone was very quick to point out to me in the earlier Cycles, voting is extremely useful, and being stingy with votes isn't necessarily the best approach. Does that apply less when there is more information? Why?

Could you go into more depth with your suspicions of those two? I don't have all that much on Fifth, where I think that there's enough on Rand to keep me busy and reading for a while now. But hearing your thoughts on both of them would be good.

1. I said nothing about this game in particular; the behavior you are describing is always alignment indicative, much more so than being properly inactive. Choosing not to participate when one manifestly has the time to do so is dubious, doubtful, and dicey.

2. Dislike is a strong word, but I do find that behavior more typical of an eliminator than a villager. Do you have an alternative suggestion for how to use votes? As you recently wrote, "this is the best time to weigh in on suspicion." Would you like to rethink, review, or revise that statement?

3. I didn't ask you not to vote. That is inconceivable. Implausible. Incogitable. I do what I can to encourage everybody to vote at all times :P Voting is unequivocally a good behavior, but a vote without a suspicion backing it this late in the game is alignment indicative.

4. I gave three distinct and succinct points about why I think one of them is an elim, four if you count gut read as a reason. I don't really have anything to add; I would just be using highly fashionable synonyms to restate, rehash, and recapitulate.

1 hour ago, Walin said:

Pretty much just being entertainment rather than a help to either side.

If I am sufficiently entertained you have my word of honor I will find a different eliminator to lynch :)