Hidden Things in Map of Roshar?

RShara

Roshar is a pangea and is a newly formed planet, where the animal life is very "prehistoric" but enhanced with stormlight (thas why they are so big). That means that humans are originaly from other planet. Thats the secret guys, obviously. Im i right??! GUYS!

Is there anything about the physical print of the map? That is, would looking at the map on paper as opposed to on a monitor change the ability to find this easter egg? I only read the last six pages or so of this thread, so perhaps this was already attempted earlier — but has anyone tried looking at the map under a blacklight?

Edited by Teccam

I still think that the whole planet and the moons are artificial. The continent just doesn't seem right ( especially the purelake ) and we already talked about how weird the moons are. That would explain the lack of tectonic activity and the environmental differences between Roshar and the other Shardworlds.

Random, totally-not-insane question here: is there a single "Roshar-sphere" in Shadesmar? Like, there are spheres for everything else that humans view as a cognitive whole, so wouldn't their planet have one? Or their continent, or kingdoms at least?

If so, would it be possible to have Soulcast the rest of the planet's landmass into ocean (or into vapor--looking at you, Steamwater Ocean)? Or to Soulcast the supercontinent into being exactly as it is?

(Yep, toooootally sane here, guys. No way am I grasping at straws and trying to make lunatic ramblings a legitimate theory. Nope. Not at all.)

In the sea to the right of the map, you will see faint circles marked "1", "2" and "3".   In the sea to the left, you will find circles marked "3" and "4" ("4" is near Aimar, and "3" above it).

A line connecting the "3"s on either side passes through the Purelake.  A line connecting the 2 and the 4 intersect the "3" line in the eastern (i.e. right-side) of the Purelake.

Near these numbers on either side of the map you can also see remnants of a circular/elliptical border, very faint.  From what I can tell, the vertical centerline of this border will pass through the intersection of the 3-3 and 2-4 lines.  Hence the center of the map is laid out to be somewhere in the Purelake -- possibly the location of the Tower in Dalinar's vision?

The numbers around the faint border suggest to me that this map is laid out on a dome similar to a Planetarium.  Instead of locating stars, it locates land.  If we start from the point that land/water is flip-flopped from Roshar to Shadesmar, I'm guessing that this map is from a Planetarium (Terratarium ?) located inside Shadesmar (in other words, the Sky for Shadesmar is actually Roshar).  Perhaps Jasnah swiped it in her sojourn there or Pattern provided it to Shallan?

In the sea to the right of the map, you will see faint circles marked "1", "2" and "3".

Maybe you can... 

And the map was commissioned by Gavilar, there is no relation to Shadesmar as far as we can tell.

Edited by Argent

In the sea to the right of the map, you will see faint circles marked "1", "2" and "3".   In the sea to the left, you will find circles marked "3" and "4" ("4" is near Aimar, and "3" above it).

A line connecting the "3"s on either side passes through the Purelake.  A line connecting the 2 and the 4 intersect the "3" line in the eastern (i.e. right-side) of the Purelake.

I'm not seeing any of this...

I'm not seeing any of this...

Me neither. :\ Unless he's talking about the degrees of latitude.... The 30 degree line seems to cross the Purelake. Not sure why that would be significant in any way though.

Edited by Teccam

Irrelevant to the mystery of the map, which sounds like a nancy drew novel incidentally, let's talk about Aimia. The rest of Roshar seems vaguely symmetrical with the left side thinner than the right. But if you add Aimia to the main landmass it seems Almost fully symmetrical.

I am looking at this on my phone so I could possibly be making this up entirely.

Yeah, not 1, 2, 3, 4...etc.  It is actually 10, 20, 30, 40...etc.  More precisely 10, 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70.  Also the center of the map is going to be near the top of the 'B' in Tu Bayla.

As I said previously though, the most interesting thing to me about the latitude markings is the double hashmarks at 0, 23, 35, 47, and 68 degrees.

I don't know how to upload a file or thumbnail, or else I would.  I took the JPEG image of the Roshar map, converted it to PDF and circled the areas -- could anyone provide pointers of how I might upload a thumbnail?

Basically, just to the left of the "A" in Aimar is a circle with what conceivably could be a "4" next to it.  Above this circle you will see another faint circle, past the coast of Aimar.

On the right side of the map, start from the H in "Hills".  Just off the coast is another circle with an adjacent squiggle that is similar to a "3".  In the archipelago above this area, from the second big island, about 45 degrees to the NE is another circle.

All of these are fairly faint.  They are atypical of what is generally used to show the ocean.  They are certainly not visible on maps in the printed books from what I can see; I saw these only on the JPEG file that someone earlier in the Topic posted a link to.  While the circles are definitely there, the interpretation of various squiggles as numbers is not certain at all.