Hidden Things in Map of Roshar?

RShara

Yeah, and Brandon confirmed that the continent drifts over millennia as the east is worm away and the west is built up.  Which led me to the question of how it built up in the same way all the time...

Unfortunately, the "ellipses" only work in the map projection.  They would not work on the globe of Roshar.  This is because, as one moves from the equator, the map gets more and more stretched out to project a 3-D portion of a globe onto a 2-D projection.

I have been looking at the map of Roshar from the Silver Kingdom, the map of Shadesmar and the current map of Roshar.  They are not the same.  The map of the Silver Kingdom and Shadesmar match.  The current Roshar map does not.  There are many more islands in current Roshar.  I speculated earlier that it had something to do with the living islands we saw in WoR.  They seem to have almost blocked off the Reshi Sea. 

I think the amount of crem/erosion can be seen in WoR to be rather small. Based on the couple times crem was cut through with a shardblade to reveal stormseat buildings in such, we  can see that it can't be a very deep layer of crem and stormseat was last occupied a long time ago. the amount of difference between the two maps over 4000 years may not be unreasonable.

Also islands that are no longer present could have been lost for other reasons than tectonics/erosion as they could be living greatshells. They probably just swam away.

I feel like the geography only changes dramatically during a desolation. Which the last one happened a long time ago. Perhaps during the last desolation...A giant storm raged creating the current landscape.

Also, lets talk about the coriolis effect. storms in the southern hemisphere rotate counter clockwise I think which is similar to the way roshar continent appears to be rotating.

If you were to drain an ocean or the result of a major flooding, would it drain clockwise in the southern hemisphere.

If roshar's continent is made of deposits, i think it more likely storm deposits then drain deposits.

Also... they mention the horneaters holy waters are a hotspring. I am not a geologist but I thought hot springs were created by the water being heated by magma under the ground which brings us to the same dilemna of no tectonic movements.

Roshar the land-mass is in the southern hemisphere.

The land-mass is highly symmetrical.

Sailors never stray very far from shore for fear of highstorms.

Is there another land-mass on the opposite side of the planet? (ie. Northern hemisphere, shifted longitudinally by 180 degrees).

According to Brandon, the Roshar supercontinent is the only significant landmass on the planet.

Someone on page 25 got close, I just can't figure out what, since a lot of it had been posted before.  Argh this is drivibg me nuts!

Maybe Roshar is in the shape of the Everstorm and a highstorm crashing together?  Maybe it was formed that way?  That's why Urithiru/highest mountains are in the center--either they're the eye, or the peak wheere the storms hit?

Edited by RShara

On the ideas of fractals and Roshar draining at the Pure Lake, these two concepts made me think of Pattern. If I remember correctly, Shallan comments on how Pattern's pattern spirals in on its self in increasingly complex patterns. This make me wonder if there is a connection between Pattern's shape and the shape of Roshar. Could the same force that causes Pattern's shape be the same force that shapes Roshar?