Hidden Things in Map of Roshar?

RShara

Okay...

Marabethia looks like a bridge over the purelake and reshi sea, now if anyone can actually find 'the bridge to terabithia' we might be able to find an offramp to Roshar.

Anyone seen the 'Alien' movies? Sigourney Weaver? All of the mountains in former Natanatan down to and including the shattered plains make up the head of said Aliens. With the shattered plains making up the teeth.

Alethkar and Shinovar actually make all their money by hoarding the world's water supply.  You see, the map clearly shows that they own ALL of the rivers on Roshar.

I quite nearly drove myself insane over this stuff more than two years ago, and of course here I am about to get sucked back in... :wacko:

this would be my first post, as i have been creeping around this forum for a year, but has anyone thought to check if drawing lines between cities on the map might make a glyph? like the sand sound patterns that kabasal made? don't have my books with my atm so i can't check names

The Purelake is a giant mouth and it's grinning at us.  It's actually Brandon's mouth and he's laughing his head off at all our minds getting broken.

Edit:  Marabethia is its moustache.

Edited by RShara

I'll just say that there's no reason to suspect the majority of you would have any chance of figuring this out. Just looking at the map is not going to reveal anything to you, unless you have specific knowledge you are not likely to have. Some of you may have this knowledge, but I can't predict who among you might have it. Even if you do have this knowledge, you may not realize it's applicable. It's also possible you may someday make the connection while looking at something entirely different that you never expected to be related.

I'll just say that there's no reason to suspect the majority of you would have any chance of figuring this out. Just looking at the map is not going to reveal anything to you, unless you have specific knowledge you are not likely to have. Some of you may have this knowledge, but I can't predict who among you might have it. Even if you do have this knowledge, you may not realize it's applicable. It's also possible you may someday make the connection while looking at something entirely different that you never expected to be related.

Any chance of a slightly more narrowed down clue?

I mean Brandon's said it's not a huge deal so I'm sure it's OK for you to give us a little pointer...

I mean are we looking at tides or something? Having 3 moons has got to make the tides a bit crazy right?

Or is it to do with tectonic plates? Something to do with how the mountains etc are formed?

Or the positions of the lakes?

*SO many options head EXPLODES*

Q: From which book?

A: Either book, it's the main one that will go in each copy. It's VERY hard and it won't change a whole lot.

If this is the case, could you perhaps provide us with a hint that may give us a reasonable shot at it?  Does the additional information come from one of Brandon's other works?  The fact that we have mountain ranges but no significant plate tectonics?  Some other geological or cartographical phenomenon or property?

Edit: That is three consecutive posts now asking for a solid hint and even providing possible topics.  Please, Peter?

Edited by Shardlet

maddeningly-unhelpful-johnny-depp-gif.gi

Hidden in an nearly unbreakable cryptographic code concealed in a cypher based off of the name of the first building built in the U.S from the type of rock that a geologist could infer are buried beneath various cities at depths derived from the positioning of said cities and the mathematical sequence based on irrational numbers they form. This cypher contains such a high information density that, unbeknownst to us, the map actually contains the whole of the SA series encoded within.

Is the "specific knowledge" something like a skill (cartography, etc.) or do you mean specific knowledge about something in-world/cosmere related?

I mean Brandon's said it's not a huge deal

Well, this is true. Once people do figure this out, it won't really lead to anything else. It's just something cool and fairly isolated.

And the specific knowledge is not cosmere-related.

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

Well, this is true. Once people do figure this out, it won't really lead to anything else. It's just something cool and fairly isolated.

And the specific knowledge is not cosmere-related.

Alright, thanks for the heads up! Even if it won't lead to something else, it'd still be cool to find. Figuring them out is fun (or at least, after the fact once the insanity is over... :P )