[OB] Azure

Avandar

20 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I really don´t see why Susebron would create Harold. He seems to be a peaceful guy, and if he won´t be a major character in the next book, I doubt he´ll show up just to make a super-powered weapon. 

Right. Which is why I think he WILL be a major character in the story of Nightblood. Because as far as we know, Susebron's the only guy around who could pull it off at all, yeah?

Besides, it's summarized as being about Yesteel and his efforts to revive the kingdoms of Huth and Kuth, presumably in opposition or rivalry to Hallendren, which would put Susebron front and center of such events, right? Even if it turns out Yesteel has also amassed enough Breath to reach the Ninth Heightening, and whatever even more Breath would be required to Awaken a sword, and is the creator of Hank, it's hard to imagine two such beings in opposition to each other not having similarly important roles in the story of their conflict.

Maybe it's even simpler - Yesteel has the know-how, Susebron has the Breath, all that's missing is someone getting the two of them on the same page. Could be Siri, Vivenna, Vasher, whoever else.

Maybe whatever it is that Zahel refers to having wished he'd "made the choice that lets him sleep at night" is what results in Hank's creation.

We can only wait and see.

1 hour ago, robardin said:

Besides, it's summarized as being about Yesteel and his efforts to revive the kingdoms of Huth and Kuth, presumably in opposition or rivalry to Hallendren, which would put Susebron front and center of such events, right?

Uh... waht? Is this an official summary? And if so, when did we learn this?

1 hour ago, robardin said:

Hank

Harold.

52 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Uh... waht? Is this an official summary? And if so, when did we learn this?

Hmm, I guess I am maybe guilty of making an assumption here, based on how Warbreaker itself ended, in the Epilogue?

“Ever heard of Kuth and Huth?” he asked.
“Sure,” she said. “They were your main rivals in the Manywar.”
Somebody’s trying to restore them,” he said. “A tyrant of some kind. He’s apparently recruited an old friend of mine.”
“Another one?” she asked.
He shrugged. “There were five of us. Me, Denth, Shashara, Arsteel, and Yesteel. It looks like Yesteel has resurfaced, finally.”
“He’s related to Arsteel?” Vivenna guessed.
“Brothers.”
“Great.”
“I know. He’s the one who originally figured out how to make ichor alcohol. I hear rumors that he’s got a new form of it. More potent.
“Even better.”

And the two WoBs in the Coppermind about Nightblood (the sequel novel to come) said that Brandon plans to set its events close after Warbreaker and before Stormlight (Way of Kings), and that it would "answer all your questions" about how Vasher/Zahel "lost possession" of Nightblood. (Another hint there: In one scene in Oathbreaker, Nightblood proudly says to Szeth that he doesn't belong to anybody, that "I'm my own sword. Vivenna told me that!" or something to that effect.)

So I infer from this that the big conflict in that sequel would be between this "tyrant" who's "trying to restore" the main rivals of Hallendren dating back to the Manywar, presumably doing so by making a beef with modern day Hallendren, with who Yesteel the Fifth Beatle Scholar is now aligned, providing them with some kind of Lifeless Super-Soldier Serum.

I'm sure Hank would be very useful in a conflict like that.

Edited by robardin

@robardin except, as I already posted once in this thread, per Brandon, Susebron is not a major player in Nightblood. 

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Is the Warbreaker sequel gonna have Susebron and Siri?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

It's Vivenna and Vasher. And new characters. You'll get an update in it, if I ever do it, what's going on, but it won't be focused on them.

source

2 minutes ago, Calderis said:

@robardin except, as I already posted once in this thread, per Brandon, Susebron is not a major player in Nightblood. 

Ah dang it, I must have missed that one. So we'll just have the God-King with 50K Breaths somewhere in the background.

Hmm. If Susebron isn't involved in making Hank, I'm verrrry curious how that happened now.

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

No one made Hank. Harold, on the other hand has been made by someone.

But robardin, I feel like we could find a middle ground here. Lets give it a double name: Hank-Harold, shortened HH.

Oh no, I agree, the sword's formally given name is "Harold". As in, "Sheathèd Blade, who art with Vivenna, Harold be thy name", right? I'm just on much more familiar and casual terms with Hank the Sword than you are. :D

I thought the blade was female and I think the God King could be important, like they have to be careful not to attract attention. Also they really have to avoid his wife's name orwell all sorts of shenanigans might happen.

On 2018-05-24 at 11:24 PM, robardin said:

Oh no, I agree, the sword's formally given name is "Harold". As in, "Sheathèd Blade, who art with Vivenna, Harold be thy name", right? I'm just on much more familiar and casual terms with Hank the Sword than you are. :D

Ah, I see now. Never knew that Hank was an official short-version of Harold, but sure. 

• Chaos locked this topic