Verified Locations for Unreleased Books/Chapters and Sample Chapters of Published Books

How many times is it acceptable to e-mail Brandon and ask for copies of White Sand and Aether of Night? I requested them several months ago prior to the release of the newsletter prior to the current one and never received anything.

I'm fairly certain there's a sizeable backlog, but Adam (Brandon's assistant) did eventually get back to me and e-mail me White Sand after a couple of months or so.

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2015 at 10:28 PM, vineyarddawg said:

I'm fairly certain there's a sizeable backlog, but Adam (Brandon's assistant) did eventually get back to me and e-mail me White Sand after a couple of months or so.

Good, 'cause I'm still waiting. EDIT: After checking my inbox, Adam has just sent me White Sand and Aether of Night!

10 hours ago, Elenion said:

Hey @bleeder we might need your spare link.

I gotcha. Just let me know.

Edited by bleeder

• 1 year later...
On 28.08.2011 at 4:01 AM, discipleofhoid said:

When this link got pulled up into the main listing it was copied as http://www.brandonsa...er/LiarPt12.doc instead of http://www.brandonsanderson.com/drafts/warbreaker/LiarPt12.doc

- and yes i know they appear the same but the one links to the file and the other is a 404 error. It is because the forum auto-shortens long urls in posts.

Hey, after finishing Oathbringer I wanted to read Liar of Partinel and it seems like neither of those links work. One give 404 error and the other shows "file not found". Anyone got a copy by chance?

Edit: Sorry, it says "site does not exist" to be precise.

Edited by Muerthe
Correction

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone know where to find a full copy of Dragonsteel? Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure it was part of his Masters Thesis at BYU and so should be in their library. I tried checking their online database and it says that students were not required to submit a digital copy until 2009. Then I searched through the records that they had for 2005, which is as near as I can figure to the year are he graduated. Does anyone know if its just not there, or if I am even looking in the right spot?

7 hours ago, The Silverlight Scholar said:

Does anyone know where to find a full copy of Dragonsteel? Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure it was part of his Masters Thesis at BYU and so should be in their library. I tried checking their online database and it says that students were not required to submit a digital copy until 2009. Then I searched through the records that they had for 2005, which is as near as I can figure to the year are he graduated. Does anyone know if its just not there, or if I am even looking in the right spot?

You’re definitely not gonna find it online. I believe there are two copies, both of which you have to go to the university to check. And there’s always a long waitlist.

On 3/19/2018 at 3:42 PM, MysticShadow said:

Apologies for the necro, but both of the links to Liar of Partinel still no longer work, and I was wondering if anyone had a link to a copy of it?
Thought I'd post again, 'cause there wasn't a reply to the last post.

The link to the revised Chapter 1 now works, though the earlier draft containing the first six chapters is still dead. This wasn't intentional but apparently the result of an error when there was a server migration so at some point the other excerpt should be available again. One imagines it's not Team Dragonsteel's top priority though.

11 hours ago, The Silverlight Scholar said:

As mentioned, it exists only in a physical copy. Or rather, four physical copies according to the website. Two are part of the regular bookshelves and one is part of the Honors Thesis collection, all of which can be checked out... and currently are checked out. And there's at least eleven people waiting in line. There's also a fourth copy which is available to read at the library but can't be checked out. That's what I gleaned from their catalogue (see here). It might be possible to get one of the circulating copies via an interlibrary loan but that would depend on whether BYU will lend it out (I understand they used to at least but I don't know if they still do) and if so whether you're able to access a library that they'll loan it to. Someone more familiar with the topic might be able to provide more helpful details here, I'm just guessing.

So setting that possibility aside your options are to put your name on the waitlist and arrange to be in Provo when a copy becomes available or go there and find a comfy chair in which to read the non-circulating copy... and hope nobody else thought to do the same thing on that day.

• 2 months later...

So....I obviously do not want to distribute something I shouldn't, with a focus on the italiacs there.

That being said, if someone where to happen to have a copy of the first 6 chapters of original the Liar of Partinel draft, are they, per Dragonsteel Ent, allowed to upload it to the 17th Shard? I don't know how pdf files are looked upon in general, let alone actual Dragonsteel property.  I'm looking towards mods and admins for approval/denial of this.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2011 at 4:48 PM, mycoltbug said:

Welcome to the official sticky for all sample chapters, books, and unreleased books that Brandon has put out on the internet. He has been gracious enough to allow people the opportunity to get to know his different works by providing samples of his different works. If you have knowledge of other links please let us know as we will try to keep this as up to date as humanly possible.

Published Cosmere Books:

Elantris:
Elantris is a story based around the fallen city of Elantris. It centers around three view point characters who look to find what being a hero really means.
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
The Hope of Elantris:
The Hope of Elantris is a short story based after the events of the main story line.
Full Short Story

Mistborn:
Mistborn follows the life of a young woman who is learning about her powers with the help of a thieving crew who plans to overthrow the empire.
Mistborn 1-The Final Empire:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Mistborn 2-The Well of Ascension Sample Chapters:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Mistborn 3-The Hero of Ages:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Mistborn-Alloy of Law:
Prologue and Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Warbreaker:
Full Book-Separated out by Chapters
Different Versions of the Book

Stormlight Archives 1-The Way of Kings:
Prelude
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapters 9&11
Chapters 12&13
Published Non-Cosmere Books:

Alcatraz 1-Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians:
Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Alcatraz 2-Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones
Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Alcatraz 3-Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia
Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Alcatraz 4-Alcatraz Versus the Shattered Lens
Foreward
Chapter 2
Chapter 6

Infinity Blade: Awakening
Infinity Blade: Awakening Sample Chapters

Un-Published Works

Scribbler/Rithmatist:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Liar of Partinel:
More Samples
Chap 1, version 3

Mistborn Prime Prologue:
Prologue

Final Empire Prime:
Chapter 1

Mythwalker:
Mythwalker (Warbreaker Prime)

Firstborn:
Full Story

Defending Elysium:
Full Story

I Hate Dragons:
Story Here

Centrifugal:
Story Here

White Sand is available through signing up for Brandon's newsletter. Aether of Night is available through the request topic in our Unpublished Works forum.

Thank you sooo much for this!  What a great organizational tool for Cosmere fans!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, retrorocket1 said:

I just want to comment this doesn't appear to have been updated anytime recently, what about all the oathbringer stuff? and wasn't there a small sample portion of book 4 from lirin's perspective?

That’s on arcanum

i think 

Edited by I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, retrorocket1 said:

I just want to comment this doesn't appear to have been updated anytime recently, what about all the oathbringer stuff? and wasn't there a small sample portion of book 4 from lirin's perspective?

2 hours ago, I am a stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

That’s on arcanum

i think 

yeah its right here https://wob.coppermind.net/events/386/#e12628

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:18 AM, Thomas_H said:

Just FYI, the I Hate Dragons link doesn’t work. 

A lot of the links here don't work anymore actually, and mycoltbug has been inactive for a really long time. This is outdated and we need a new resource page like this.

Edited by R J

A couple useful resources for whoever winds up updating/replacing this topic:

https://www.brandonsanderson.com/brandon-sanderson-online-library/ Brandon's current Online Library. Most everything from before survived; but there were two website migrations in 2019 which caused some serious link rot. But the vast majority of the content is still there.

https://wob.coppermind.net/collections/555/ A collection I maintain of all Arcanum readings that are not from published books. (RoW is in there for now, but will be going away once the book gets published, obviously. And I'll probably yank the Way of Kings Prime stuff out, too.) There are three Apocalypse Guard readings, one Adamant reading, one Silence Divine reading, and The Traveler. It also has the Jasnah scene which is published on Tor.com, since he read it at tour stops before that.

The other cosmere-related content will be:

• AonEne locked and unpinned this topic