Voidus

So I'm aware that there have been a few attempts to do this, and also the MAG exists but I've found getting people who aren't big fans of the cosmere into that to be difficult and honestly I just prefer working with something familiar.

So I'm trying to convert Mistborn and Feruchemists into 5e classes. This would be for standalone use so if they aren't perfectly balanced against existing 5e classes that's not a huge deal but I want to get it somewhere in the general ballpark at least and definitely try to get them balanced for each other.

Very basic drafts of what I have so far are available at: 

The Mistborn: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SyteFG3Rf

And Feruchemist: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rkKhlEaAf

I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

Only saw 2 problems with Feruchemist. When you tap Iron to become heavier you wouldn’t fall any faster. And when you tap Steel for speed your mind does keep up, so I don’t think that disadvantages on attack rolls are necessary. 

One thing that would interest me about Feruchemist would be adding methods for storing certain charges outside of rests. Like using Brass to reduce their heat in a desert environment.

Thanks for the feedback!
With steel that was mostly just an intentional nerfing on my part so that it's not insanely unbalanced. Iron was mostly just for flavor, not sure what I actually want to do with that because otherwise there's not much of a clear benefit to it, it's very situational.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Thanks for the feedback!
With steel that was mostly just an intentional nerfing on my part so that it's not insanely unbalanced. Iron was mostly just for flavor, not sure what I actually want to do with that because otherwise there's not much of a clear benefit to it, it's very situational.

I mean just movement speed isn’t that amazing. Maybe making multiple attacks when you surge it?

1 hour ago, King Cole said:

I mean just movement speed isn’t that amazing. Maybe making multiple attacks when you surge it?

That should be included there currently?

You may also take a second attack on each of your turns if you take the attack action. All attacks that you make for this spells duration are at disadvantage as your mind struggles to keep up with your body.

For each 2 charges you use beyond the first, any time you take the attack action you gain an additional attack.

Inititiative bonus is definitely a good idea. Maybe something similar to barbarians Feral Instinct:

Additionally, if you are surprised at the beginning of combat and aren't incapacitated, you can act normally on your first turn, but only if you enter your rage before doing anything else on that turn.

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, T8* said:

I saw one problem, while burning steel as a mistborn, there are no allowances made for anchored sources of metal, such as coins on the ground.

You may push yourself away from a metal source in range that is your size or larger, or is attached to something that is your size or larger. 

That's what the italicized section was meant to be implying, I couldn't think of a better way to state it without overly complicating things or a really long section.