Inquisitor Armaments

The Voiceless One

Net guns to restrain most potential metalborn, ceramic in general as already noted (also works as armor), Shardblades because they don't have to worry about having them pushed/pulled and leg sweeps are good for disabling people while still leaving them alive for future spiking, and while it wouldn't at all be practical due to weight and all that metal I suspect that when dealing with targets they don't care to take alive, they would love chainsaws because of how messy they are.

One thing I thought might be useful would be chaff grenades to distract Coinshots and Lurchers, then I realized that it would be almost as annoying for the Inquisitor since they rely on A-Steel/Iron to 'see'.

17 minutes ago, King Cole said:

Wolverine. Enough said

Depends, is adamantium immune to being pushed/pulled as if it were aluminum? Because if not, there are a couple downsides to having a metal skeleton on Scadrial...

8 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Depends, is adamantium immune to being pushed/pulled as if it were aluminum? Because if not, there are a couple downsides to having a metal skeleton on Scadrial...

It's Wolverine, enough said

17 minutes ago, King Cole said:

It's Wolverine, enough said

If adamantium can be pushed then 'being Wolverine' really doesn't make much difference. He's going to be impossible to hide from the 'sight' of A-Steel/Iron (so stealth is impossible) and he's going to be vulnerable to any Coinshot with a sufficiently solid anchor. His healing factor's nice and all but a gold Twinborn can do that too.

Now if adamantium is like aluminum and is invisible to allomancy, then I'd agree that he's a lot more dangerous.

Diamond axes or clubs would be a nice touch.

Edit: @Xtafa you make a very solid(Pun intended ) Point. I had forgotten that diamond is in fact quite brittle which would be a serious drawback to its use as a weapon. If an alternative like Jadeite Jade were employed then success might be more easily assured.

Edited by Nathrangking

Even if Adamantium can be manipulated, that does not mean Wolverine has a problem. The metals are inside of him, so most Coinshots / Mistborn wouldn't be able to push on any of that. Even if an Inquisitor might see it (so like Weltall said, stealth is impossible), I don't think a normal Inquisitor would be able to push on that. I don't think we've seen one doing that. As I recall, only TLR and Wax with the Bands could push on traces this small and inside somebody. Or am I missing somebody?

17 minutes ago, Thunder_93 said:

Even if Adamantium can be manipulated, that does not mean Wolverine has a problem. The metals are inside of him, so most Coinshots / Mistborn wouldn't be able to push on any of that. Even if an Inquisitor might see it (so like Weltall said, stealth is impossible), I don't think a normal Inquisitor would be able to push on that. I don't think we've seen one doing that. As I recall, only TLR and Wax with the Bands could push on traces this small and inside somebody. Or am I missing somebody?

I think a duralumin steelpush could do it as well, but as mistborn are kinda extinct, that seems... unlikely... to happen.

9 hours ago, etmental said:

sunglassesB)

Yeah, I remember wondering if sunglasses had been invented yet in Era 2, and that maybe that's one of the ways Marsh would avoid notice when not actively trying to impress someone as to who/what he really is, like he did with Marasi in Alloy of Law.

It'd be like The Corinthian from Neil Gaiman's Sandman saying, "Oh, I can see. I see just fine."

...and, in searching the text of Alloy of Law, I see that yes, Era 2 has indeed got them! In the scene in Chapter 15 where Miles burns A-gold to see his alternate self shadow:

One was the man he had been. The angry lawkeeper, growing more bitter by the day. He wore a white duster over rugged clothing, with tinted spectacles to shade his eyes against the harsh sun. Dark hair kept short and greased back. No hat. He'd always hated those.

• Chaos locked this topic