Waffles and Pancakes

Ok, I don't know if this is in the right forum (If it's not you can move it) but I have a question to ask.

I am developing a diverse anthology of music (it will be called Waffles and Pancakes) that will be awesome.

Well, I can't take it all from my favorites because all of my favorite songs are movie soundtracks written by Hans Zimmer and The Greatest Showman songs.

Anyway, I would like to ask that you post a song that isn't necessarily your favorite, (as that can change with time), but a song you know will always be one of your favorites no matter how old it is or how many times you listen to it. I would prefer upbeat songs, but anything is fine.

If you list more than one, keep in mind not all of them will be used (I'm asking all over the place). I regret to inform you that I, in order to fit in the greatest amount of variety, can only take one song per person. I will still strongly suggest posting more but try to make it certain which one is your favorite of them all. 

Then, once it's all arranged, I'll post the arranged 'Waffles and Pancakes' it here for anybody who wants it.

(let's not have songs with inappropriate themes or excessive swearing, please!)

Thank you! (This is available till the last day of June)

The List so far:

Spoiler

Come Alive by The Greatest Showman- @Gancho Libre

Believer by Imagine Dragons- about seven different people.

Freeze Ray by Doctor Horrible- @Kidpen 

Seize The Day by The Newsies- @Jehoiada

Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede- @King Cole

You'll be Back by Hamilton- @Archer

I Will Wait by ISA- @Toaster Retribution

Allstar by Smashmouth- @MacThorstenson

Arena by Lindsey Sterling- @LIFE&DEATH

Curl up and Die by Relient K.- @Caesura

Hopes and Dreams/Save the World by Undertale- @Inklingspren

Living on a Prayer by someone- @Rebecca

Waka Waka by Shakira- @Zellyia

You make my Dreams by Hall&Oats- @Captains Domon

Getting into You by Relient K.- @Zath

Running in the 90s by Anyone- @Snipexe

Bad Moon Rising by Credence Clearwater Revival- @Elandera

Defying Gravity by Wicked- @Honor's Radiance

Deja Vu- @JacobClaessen

Steeplechase by 2nd Carolina String Band- @Roadwalker

Thunderstruck by AC/DC- @5ith Ideal

Demons by Imagine Dragons- @Apollyon

Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac- @Sunbird

Riot by Dead Kennedys- @Farnsworth

Edited by Gancho Libre

Well, you can never go wrong with 80s. Some of my favorites are:

- Don’t stop believing

- Kama Chameleon

- Heaven is a place on Earth

- Sweet Dreams

- Blue Monday

- We built this city

- Africa

- Livin on a prayer

- Friday I’m in love

- The promise

And a ton more. These are just a few. Greatest Showman music is also amazing. And then of course The Misty Mountains in The Hobbit.

Edited by Rebecca

This is a great idea! Here's a few:

- The album Forget and Not Slow Down by Relient K. Ideally listened to in order, the songs transition into each other really nicely

- The album Torches by Foster the People

- Curl Up and Die by Relient K (nowhere near as depressing as the name makes it sound)

- Map of the Problematique and Sunburn by Muse, among others. Most of their stuff is pretty good

thank you, everyone!

I'ma touch up on the rules, but these are all great!

For those of you who have listed a lot, could you say which ones from that list you would prefer more than others? That makes my job easier. :)

I only have a couple songs posted, and I'll add more as I listen to them.

Edited by Gancho Libre

42 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

thank you, everyone!

I'ma touch up on the rules, but these are all great!

For those of you who have listed a lot, could you say which ones from that list you would prefer more than others? That makes my job easier. :)

I only have a couple songs posted, and I'll add more as I listen to them.

Well, from the Doctor Horrible soundtrack, my freeze ray is the best I think. But all of them are great. Also, yes to Undertale music, but there are a lot of those.

Funny story about Seagulls! When it came out I binge listened to it for weeks, then totally forgot about it. Then out of the blue one day it came up on a playlist and my brain was like 'I got this'. Sang the whole thing right up until the log interlude. *high-fives memory I never knew I had*

+1 to Hooked on a Feeling 

I'd mention a Hamilton one, but it's explicit. 

So my actual suggestions: if you're fine with more than one Bon Jovi on the list, Because we can and thick as thieves are good. 

And keeping with the classic music theme (because modern music just isn't the same) ELO's Mr Blue Sky and The Clash's London Calling are fabulous

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Funny story about Seagulls! When it came out I binge listened to it for weeks, then totally forgot about it. Then out of the blue one day it came up on a playlist and my brain was like 'I got this'. Sang the whole thing right up until the log interlude. *high-fives memory I never knew I had*

+1 to Hooked on a Feeling 

I'd mention a Hamilton one, but it's explicit. 

So my actual suggestions: if you're fine with more than one Bon Jovi on the list, Because we can and thick as thieves are good. 

And keeping with the classic music theme (because modern music just isn't the same) ELO's Mr Blue Sky and The Clash's London Calling are fabulous

If by hamilton you mean You'll be back That'll be there too.

See the OG post for unfortunate changes.

Edited by Gancho Libre

Practically any song by Relient K.  ...But if I have to choose just one... Hmmm...

"Getting Into You" from the Relient K album, two lefts don't make a right ...but three do. 
It's not exactly upbeat, though, so if you want one with a bit more vigor and vim:

"The Lining is Silver" from the Relient K album, The Birds and the Bee Sides.

Though, honestly, if you're naming the anthology "Waffles and Pancakes", I think this song would fit best:
"Cat" from the Relient K album, Air For Free.  
Such a fun song.

...I totally failed at the "one song per person" thing, didn't I? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Let me tell you something. I have assembled a decent playlist of some meme songs that me and my friends considered memes. This list is limited, but could help, I would suggest pruning it for what you want.

They are in no particular order.

Reveal hidden contents

memesplaylist.thumb.PNG.9ad15d6e3910dd30bcd6e90776d45de5.PNG

That's pretty nice. You got all the ones I would think of at least.

I Will Wait by swedish artist ISA is probably my favorite song ever.

Other good ones are: 

-Oathpact Abandoned from the Kaladin album.

-Good Lovin with Benjamin Ingrosso

-Thats How You Write A Song by Alexander Rybak

Special one for you: if you want to go wierd and have upbeat music in swedish (which you probably don’t want, but I’ll suggest it anyway) you can go with När ingen ser by Axel Schylström. 

I'm terrible at picking favourites, especially when it comes to music. But I'll go with Curl Up and Die by Relient K.

Alternatively, that choice can change if you want something more upbeat, or something not by Relient K, seeing as @Zath seems to have that covered.

Sticking with that theme though, check out their songs Crayons Can Melt on Us for All I Care and Silly Shoes. Not necessarily for the playlist, they're just good for a laugh.