The Nintendo discussion place

Ink

Welcome welcome my friends, to the place for those of us who love anything to do with the gaming company Nintendo. You may discuss, say, argue about, punch people who dont agree with you, quiz, nerd, or basically anything else. 

Spoilers for all nintendo games allowed. Exept the ones newer than 1 month, that actually have story.

Also, who's hyped for Smash 5? Octo expansion? Pokemon gen 8?

if you come here and say that another console's games are better, well... okay, there are a few better than others, but try to keep it nintendo related. Please.

Edited by Inklingspren

Its been a long time, but I loved the N64. I only played Zelda Ocarina of time, Goldeneye, and Supermario 64 but spent a lot of time on all three. I unlocked the Aztec and Egyption levels for Goldeneye and had a lot of fun with that. I got all 120 stars for Mario. I think most recently I played Pokemon Ruby when it first game out for the portable.

I'm not much of a gamer, so my opinion isn't worth much, but I think the greatest game of all time is Skyrim. I played it on the xbox 360 and am not sure if it has a Nintendo version of it.

Edited by Ammanas

13 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Its been a long time, but I loved the N64. I only played Zelda Ocarina of time, Goldeneye, and Supermario 64 but spent a lot of time on all three. I unlocked the Aztec and Egyption levels for Goldeneye and had a lot of fun with that. I got all 120 stars for Mario. I think most recently I played Pokemon Ruby when it first game out for the portable.

I'm not much of a gamer, so my opinion isn't worth much, but I think the greatest game of all time is Skyrim. I played it on the xbox 360 and am not sure if it has a Nintendo version of it.

I have recently come to the conclusion that the N64 was the last great Nintendo console. Now, it seems like they mostly deal in nostalgia and gimmicks. Kinda like Rock Band or Guitar Hero: somewhat wildly successful in the short term, but no real staying power unless they jealously guard some of their decades old intellectual property (which Pokemon isn't one of them! :O)

The last Nintendo games I played were on the 3DS (despite the above criticism, Nintendo has always had the best handheld consoles) were Pokemon X and Monster Hunter Generations.

Okay, this is kinda sad, but the first Nintendo console i had was the Wii U. I was a fan even before, but could only play with friends. Also, i have never played a pokemon game, despite knowing a lot about the creatures....

depressing, i know...

15 hours ago, Rebecca said:

The N64 is my favorite.

And I love the Elder Scrolls. Those games are great. Skyrim is the best of them though. I’ve only ever played it on PC however.

Morrowind is the best! That game was mind blowing when it hit Xbox.

Last console I owned was the Game Cube and now I can’t find it these last 8 yrs. it is somewhere in this house I know as I have found my memory cards.

My offspring have a Wii set up in the old mans living room. I have thought about hooking it up in my den but I don’t think my newer tv has the component connections.

I'm a big fan of Zelda. I'd love to see a more realistic version come out to rival Skyrim :wub:. If that happens before I keel over from excessive age I'll be super pleased. Speaking of Zelda. I just got the Switch a while back, and have nearly finished Breath of the Wild. I had some misgivings about the art style at first, but it really grew on me.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 4:46 PM, QuirkyGrandpa said:

I'm going through my Quarter Life crisis. It's like your midlife crisis but with less wrinkles.

That just put a smile on my face. Also, I loved BoTW, It and Mario Odyssey are two of my favorite games of recent years.

• 4 months later...

My first own nintendo device was that black and white gameboy that needed four batteries. And I played tetris. Tons of hours of tetris.

The N64 was better, but my mother forbade it, so it was that gameboy.

My favourite games were/are pokemon gen 1 and the old zelda games. Right now if I find the time to play, I use a computer.

I honestly find that I pretty much can't play anything from the NES era.  the graphics are just too bad.  Also, for older games in franchises I have played it is often weird when they lack features that I've grown accustomed to.  original Metroid you can't aim at a 45 degree angle, just up, down, left right, which throws off the play style I have learned in later games.  Likewise in the original Zelda there is no whirling blade attack, and you can't just hold your sword out, so strategies I use in the GB and GBC games to kill wizrobes (hold the sword where they are pahsing in so that it hurts them when they appear) are not available.

I grew up with game boys. The first one I had was that old black and white one (like @Sorana) and I mostly played Pokemon Gen1 (a lot) especcially on our skiing holiday since I had other people to trade and fight with then =). But I also played the newer games and really loved Golden Sun.

Since my fiance has a lot of nintendo consoles (from an old atari, over n64 to Wii, we have al lot of them at home; and a lot of old games) I have played many games since we have been together. like The Legend of Zelda (from the original over ocarina of Time to Skyward Sword (sadly we don't own a switch (yet) so no BotW) or Castlevania.

What I really want, honestly, it an revamped Gen 4 of Pokemon. I've got a soft spot for Sinnoh, as it was the first new game I'd ever had and I saved my chore money for a long time to be able to buy the DS Lite and a copy of Platinum. I want to see all the wonderful Gyms and sights of Sinnoh in full 3D (not to mention the save time being shorter than an eternity) and I above all else want to see my guy Giratina and the Distortion World in 3D.

19 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

But I also played the newer games and really loved Golden Sun.

Golden Sun was awesome and is a massively underrated game.

22 hours ago, Pagliacci said:

Any Pokemon Black/White fans out there?

I don't like the pokemon themself (though black/white 2 fixes that by having a ton of older gen ones), but the plot and gamplay are probably my favorite.

Also, Oshawott is wayyyy better then Snivy. I started with snivy when I played black 2, in it was the only pokemon game I ever played where the starter wasn't a part of my party...