Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

• 3 weeks later...

@Mraize @Voidus I'd prefer that you do not close this, or Alleyverse RP threads in general. Although it may be inactive, it is still part of the RP. There is the potential for people who have characters 'here' to want to continue developing them here, instead of following the, for lack of a better term, 'main plot'. Or they might want to come back to this location that has been developed (If we closed the DA during periods of inactivity, all their worldbuilding would go to waste. The same logic applies here). In my opinion, to close this without good reason goes against the spirit of the FFRP.

I dunno going both ways, when we are done with a Chapter it makes it easier for others to go back and read through all of it instead of having to find it. Then there is the point that I kept it separate to have topics. like Brandon with his Keteks and using them for his Part headers.

I get where you're coming from. However, I think that the threads are long enough to be (to borrow your analogy) books of their own. Sure, they are connected, but like the start of a new book often is, they begin by going to a different location to start anew. They each have a distinct feel to them as they were bourne of different circumstances. You can notable improvements as you go one one thread to another. If someone wants to read through them, perhaps putting a link to the next installment in the OP would be helpful, but I think that they would be able to read them as two threads easily enough. I appreciate that the Main Plot threads (a term I made up in The Alleyverse Explained) recently have been part of a major arc for the GBs and yourself, and that they're connected. I just don't want their potential to be limited.

Apparently tagging doesn't work properly inside quote blocks, because I didn't get a notification for this. :P
I can lock or merge it but merging isn't something that happens very often. If there was enough reason for there to be two threads while we were writing then I think that should probably stay the same while it's just for reading.