Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

"Rust and Ruin, what just happened", KoTiel muttered to themselves. They had taken a quick nap, and woke up to a fight, only to immediately get hit by some debris, and get knocked unconscious. When they woke up and crawled out of the alley they found themselves in, they saw the entire area was wrecked. They started looking around for someone who could explain what was happening. Seeing a people wearing a weird form of armor trying to fix the buildings nearby, KoTiel wandered towards them, and started to help. Looking at one of them, they asked "Hey, can you tell me what happened here? I remember something about a fight starting, but nothing after that."

He spent a short time on Nalthis and Roshar beforehand (where he also learnt the way of the Pancake), where he found and stole Breaths and Nightblood. Also spent a short time on Sel collecting Soulstone, after which he returned to the Alleyverse.

'Lord Chimpington is complete,' Lopen said, a tear welling up in his eye. The chip's jet black fur had gone as white as snow, and his knowledge of Aons and modifiers was impeccable. But the trained eye could see something else: his bones were... strange. 'It took 50 of your brethren to help make you son. Make your father proud. And remember, the Meerkat Radiants are your equal. Stop eating them.' Lord Chimpington leaped into Lopen's suit pocket, at which point Lopen teleported to Sel. 'We must find Rhaizen. Its what brother spoke of; the sense of being needed,' Lopen said, looking wistfully at a picture of Hoid.

@Mraize I'm fine with you using me to introduce the Ghostbloods.

Mac walked down the alleys, trying to find where the lockdown was. 

It had been a few months since it started, but hopefully the penguins hadn't gained any more ground. Without warning, a large explosion was heard down Alley #897, 

Looks like I found it.

What are you looking for? I saw a piece of paper with penguin and death star written on it, I'm still confused.

A few months ago, we stored a supply of intelligence spikes in the Mirror dimension in the 6th warehouse of this alley. Unfortunately, in that mirror dimension, there was a nation of penguins, somehow one of them was spiked, he used his new intelligence to spike his brethren. Once they became self aware, we initiated lock down procedures so they couldn't escape. Last time self aware creatures managed to escape, it caused a huge problem. They tried to leave but found the doors locked. Naturally, in order to escape, they judged that the best way to break the fortifications was to build a death star. A few months ago, the penguins were building the death star, It could be done now, but I'm trying to see if I could enlist them in helping us fight against Rhazien.

As Mac rounded the next corner, he saw a hive of activity. People were running around, trying to seal the breach that had been formed in their fortifications. The DA was not doing that well. It looked less like they were in control, and more like they were barely being able to keep them in. Mac approached the leader in charge of the siege. 

"Welcome Mr. Mac,"

"Thank you, how is the lock-down progressing?"

"Errr... Not as well as we would have hoped. The penguins managed to build a death star inside of there, and for the past few weeks they have been blowing away our fortifications. In addition, they have figured out selective breeding and are currently breeding super soldiers to force their way out. I would have eliminated them, but my orders were to hold them in there."

"Don't worry about it. Tell me, have they made any moves toward negotiations?"

"Yessir. They tried to send an emissary, but the one thing they wanted was the thing we couldn't give them."

"Well now we need them. If you could set up a meeting I would be grateful. Also, can I receive a profile on these penguins?"

"I would gladly set up that meeting sir, though I feel obliged to warn you that they may try to ambush you." The Commander nodded to a acolyte standing on the side. They ran out to grab the profile.

"Are you implying that I couldn't defend myself against them?" 

The Commanders eyes widened, "Uhh, no sir. Not at all. You are perfectly capable, forget I said anything." Just then the Acolyte returned with the profile as the alley shook with another explosion. Mac snatched the pages of information. 

"Get me that meeting, in case it doesn't work out, prime the destruction of the mirror stone, that should shut down this dimension if needed." 

"Understood." 

Mac walked off to the side of the alley, and ducked inside of an empty laboratory to read the information.

Nei'an picked up two knives and started juggling them, which REALLY made people nervous, especially since he couldn't actually juggle and he kept cutting himself. "Do you know where he was going? We could trap him. I have a friend who could get us places really fast."

A messenger appeared in the bar, with an aluminum tablet in hand. It read: ‘Lopen here. When I was buying the thunderclast off of Odium he told me that this meeting was a serious possibility. The man known as Rhazien is on Sel. The messenger will hand you two cards with Aon Tias on them which should transport you to me (on Sel). Tap them to transport. If you are not here, then hopefully this is the batter rain scenario.’

The messenger handed them two cards.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

3 hours ago, kenod said:

"Rust and Ruin, what just happened", KoTiel muttered to themselves. They had taken a quick nap, and woke up to a fight, only to immediately get hit by some debris, and get knocked unconscious. When they woke up and crawled out of the alley they found themselves in, they saw the entire area was wrecked. They started looking around for someone who could explain what was happening. Seeing a people wearing a weird form of armor trying to fix the buildings nearby, KoTiel wandered towards them, and started to help. Looking at one of them, they asked "Hey, can you tell me what happened here? I remember something about a fight starting, but nothing after that."

Drako looked at the stone... person? Yes, definitely a humanoid of some kind. 

"That fight wrecked most of the AlleyVillage," he said, lifting another stone block with the person. "Rhazien, the man who started it, escaped before we could kill him."

Setting the block down, he offered his hand. "I'm Drako He'Stan, leader of the Salamanders Chapter. Thanks for the help."

KoTiel took Drako's hand. "No problem. I'm KoTiel by the way. What is everybody here going to do now?"

Btw, KoTiel isn't actually made of stone, it's just their skeleton, the rest of them looks human.

Nei'an read and reread the message, looked at Soul and smiled. He took the Aon in his hand and teleported.

He opened his eyes to see a lush landscape in front of him. Staring back at him and Soul was Lopen.

"Where is Rhazien?" Nei'an asked.

Edited by Gancho Libre

KoTiel read the plate. "Rhazien? That was the person Drako said caused the destruction. Also, what was this Aon Tia spoken about, was it the symbol?" KoTiel's hand brushed against it, and suddenly they found themselves in a different place, with other standing around. "What in Harmony's name just happened", KoTiel asked, confused.

"Lopen can teleport," Drako said, irritated. "I don't need to go to somewhere else for him to fix the Questor Imperialis."

He handed the card back to the messenger. "I can't go, anyway. I'm expecting a... delivery sometime in the next few days. I can't miss it." 

He frowned, holding his hand in front of his helm. "Rhazien does need to be taken down, though..."

Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor computer access to participate in this for the next few days. I could lend a few NPCs, though.

Septimus sat, concentrating on the sand in his hand. He had managed to control a single ribbon, a pitiful amount, but he would grow. He still sat in his office, alone. His Zinc was being compounded, helping him focus. A knock sounded at the door. Septimus opened it to reveal a middle aged man with gray hair. He wore simple traveling clothes.

" How did you get in-" Septimus began, but was cut short.

" How did I get inside here?" The man grinned, attempting to trip Septimus. He reacted, moving back, but he when he looked to fight back the man was gone, a small card on the floor in front of him. He picked it up. An Aon Tia was inscribed on it. He tapped it, and found himself in a strange room. It had windows revealing Sel. A small note was left on the door.

Welcome to Sel. The others are arriving as you read this. You may have noticed that they aren't with them. This is for a reason. Wait here, and you will see. If this was Lopen as he suspected, this would probably be extremely frivolous, and if not then... He'd have to see.

Edited by Blazenella

Waiting waiting waiting, Tevarah hated waiting it was just soooo boring, he couldn't do anything besides get the weapons ready prepare stockpiles and get some old favors ready to enact, but he was still waiting he was squared away in the safe house, (more like safe luxury house) I mean seriously how does Rhazen get this stuff, anyway at any time now Rhazien would contact him and give him orders, but he's taking his good old time about it ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! WAITING!!!!!!!!!

Rhazien pushed open the large doors and walked through them. Curiously it led to another hallway, a very short one at that. He crossed the distance and was confronted with a dead end or what seemed to be a dead end. Upon further inspection, he saw that he could push the wooden frame outward. Doing so revealed the interior of a large monastery. Vatheson is obviously the Gragdet of this place. Rhazien thought, looking at the beauty of the architecture. 

Two things caught his eye, one was the statue of Jaddeth at the front of the chamber, and the stained glass depictions of him. The second and more important was a figure standing near the podium where the Gragdet or Gyorn would speak, underneath the towering stature of Jaddeth. A slender female with brown hair. When he neared he saw the subtleness of other colors in her hair. When he saw this he immediately knew who it was.

"Yzabet?" He asked hesitantly, confused as to why one of his oldest and beloved friends would be here of all places. "Why are you here?"