Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

"You're not the only one. I want to find whoever thought that it was a good idea to not tell the bride and groom that they were getting married until five minutes before the wedding. Then I want to hit them."

"In the face."

"With a Shardblade."

"Unless they have chocolate cake. Then I'm good." Yzabet smiled, and kissed him lightly on the nose. "What does your spren think of this?"

"Is chocolate cake your weakness?" He laughed. "My spren... she hasn't said much, at all recently."

Rhazien's brow furled, worried.

"I think she will be okay if, one, you don't kill me later and two this is a proper wedding." He informed her, pulling her close.

"Yes. I adore chocolate cake, and I'm happy that she'll be fine. She'll have someone to compete with for your attention, though." Yzabet glanced over at all of the DA members, who were smiling as they watched the couple.

"Are we gonna start this or what?"

"I'd have to cut off most of the skirt. Do you know how hard it is to fight in a dress?" Yzabet whispered back, grinning. And then she kissed him. Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.

But that's not really a surprise, because we've seen for years how devoted and interested they are in each other. It's not like they met each other this morning after years of not seeing each other.

A character so inconsequential they don't have a named chose this moment to arrive. She bore a letter from someone who was unable to attend the wedding. Strolling over to the middle of the stage, she nodded to the newlyweds, opened it up, and began reading in a loud voice.

'In an effort to create the most disappointing wedding gift possible, I have composed a pair of poems for the couple, the first for Yzabet, and the second for Rhazien. They are as follows:

The path that you Yzabet reforms in

May lead to loss of life or limb

Or happiness (yuck)

So, I wish you luck

But the groom Rhazien? I harbour no ill will towards him at all. Totally.

As for you Rhazzy, you’ve found your muse

But don’t let emotions cloud your view

Hit-men often die

With tears in their eye

But seriously, dude? Good luck with your marriage blah, blah, blah love.'

The sender had refrained to sign their name, so having accomplished their purpose the messenger died on the spot. 

7 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

I think yes. It would set him back a bit. But then.... wouldn't having MOLTEN METAL inside of you do more damage than is healable, even for a couple of seconds? I'm not sure about the technicalities of what would happen if you had molten spikes inside of your body.

Anyway, anything hot enough to melt metal would probably burn you into oblivion (source: lava + golem + my precious = bye bye)

Edited by I am Witless

I imagined it similarly to the sun. The Dor is a plasma like thing that is similar to magma in temperature. Here is the WoB that I was basing Mraizes medical state off of.

Brightlord Maelstrom [PENDING REVIEW]

Quesion about Selish magic systems. So, you've described, in the past, the Dor in the Cognitive Realm as being almost like magma. Is that just in consistency, or also does that also include in its temperature?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

No, it's more temperature than consistency. Plasma-ish is maybe even a better way of putting it.

source

Magma can range from 600 degrees C to 1600 degrees C. Steel melts at ~1550 degrees C. I assume that Atium has a lower melting point then steel, so Rhaziens spikes should be melted.And that is just from the temperature, not including pressure or anything else. 

The only reason why I said that Rhazien mad it was because I didn't want to kill off mraizes character without his permission.

Yes he will. But what else could we take away? Everything he has is only a setback if removed. This was the longest lasting, yet not permanent thing I could think of. Plus it provides an interesting development in yzabet's opinion of him when Mac loudly announces that they melted away in a post or two.

Lopen called the Lifeless to attention and showed them the special Aon Rao modifiers he had come up with a few years ago in case an order 77 arose. They all nodded and made these million special Aon Raos. The sky was graced by the most magnificent fireworks display the multiverse had ever seen. The sparks coalesced into magnificent shapes, until a waltz started playing and everyone stopped. The sparks simply formed a spotlight and started following the couple's gracious movements.

Underneath the large display of fireworks, a plain white table appears, struggling to contain the weight of an enormous chocolate cake placed upon it. Standing 16 feet tall and consisting of 36 delectable layers, this cake had taken the skills of a thousand of the cosmeres best patisseries. These skills were spiked from them and combined into a single master baker to create this piece.
Next to it lay a small box with a card laying on top of it.

Sorry I couldn't offer my congratulations in person.
I believe part of me is somewhere nearby but I'm not certain whether or not it had the Fortune to have a present handy.
Enclosed please find two conjoined spikes, a rarity even in the Dark Alley. That your souls may be shared rather than stolen.

Best wishes and/or deepest sympathies (Dependent upon your current levels of happiness with this arrangement),
Voidus

PS. To any would-be thieves, if you have taken this gift when it was not meant for you, you have 10 minutes to return it.

13 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Magma can range from 600 degrees C to 1600 degrees C. Steel melts at ~1550 degrees C. I assume that Atium has a lower melting point then steel, so Rhaziens spikes should be melted.And that is just from the temperature, not including pressure or anything else. 

The only reason why I said that Rhazien mad it was because I didn't want to kill off mraizes character without his permission.

Sweet! I have metal lungs and heart. (a thin layer of course.) But here is my question, did it burn/melt the power away?

MY character will die eventually.

16 hours ago, I am Witless said:

"I'd have to cut off most of the skirt. Do you know how hard it is to fight in a dress?" Yzabet whispered back, grinning. And then she kissed him. Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.

But that's not really a surprise, because we've seen for years how devoted and interested they are in each other. It's not like they met each other this morning after years of not seeing each other.

Rhazien was about to respond but was silenced as Yzabet kissed him. He held her to him, as the kiss seemed to last several enjoyable hours. He was disappointed when it ended. But then a cake appeared. He walked over and read the note.

"Well there is your chocolate cake, I'd be careful it is from Voidus." He said. "As are the spikes, conjoined is seems."

He looked over the anonymous notes. "These are probably from Mace. I can tell by the unpretentious writing. The nerve. Voidus not being here I understand but Mace? When I see him next I will have to stab him a little."

Then music came on. A slow song was first. 

"Care to dance, my lady?" Rhazien asked.

“Was the cake I stole just a decoy then?! Clever. Insulting, but clever.”

Soul stayed in the back of the crowd. The warning made him nervous to be the first one to eat this cake, even though it looked much more delicious then the other one.