Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

How I imagine things going 

Spoiler

c361aca31584f04a19ebe73a14987f15.jpg.550e3c87adfbafc4e680c1fa1563866e.jpg

He broke the kiss, holding Yzabet close to him. Their faces still touched, allowing them to stare deeply into each other's eyes. He felt hot under the collar. IT had been a long time since he and Yzabet had been intimate in any sort of way. It felt so right to hold her again, but so wrong because of what he was in the present. The transformation he took on embarrassed him so much that he unconsciously lightweaved himself to the was he was. He felt like a monster, one that didn't deserve love, but here he was kissing his best friend.

"Please don't let me leave just yet." he whispered.

Edited by Mraize

13 minutes ago, Blazenella said:

Just a side note I'm fairly sure they flew a fair way away, when Teverah flew after them I shot him. We should all still A. Be far away B. Have no clue where they are

Last I checked, Tevarah met up with Rhazien before I caught up, so I’m pretty sure we are sort of nearby. Now trapped inside a cadmium bomb. Curse you Lopen.

While playing a game of darts in his office, Mac suddenly heard scratching coming from the other room. One of his spanreeds was activated. He got up and walked over to it to see who it was from. Glancing at the emotion detector as he walked by, he noticed that it was glowing brighter and brighter ever moment that passed. Looking at the spanreed, he saw that it was lopen's portable one. Hopefully this isn't a waste of time. As he read the message his eyebrows clime'd up his head. An order 77? Between Rhazien and yzabet? This is amazing! Mac sprinted out the door and yelled to the nearest acolyte,

"Order 77 preset 10, Dakhor monastery, stat!" With this being the 5 wedding this month, Mac may bring in enough money to earn a sizable bonus. He grabbed the first Obligator he could find, to witness this for scadrial. He then grabbed an Ardent and two priests, one korath and one dereth. Finally, he grabbed a Liebrarian representative. I think that should cover the important representitives.

"Can you guys help record a wedding?" When they nodded their affirmation, Mac clapped his hands. "Great, we have pretty much everything ready, It will only take a few moments of your time." They rounded the corner into a wide alley way, more reminiscent of a warehouse.

"OK FOLKS," Mac shouted out to the hundreds of lifeless and acolytes ready to assist with the ceremony, "We want to have this set up in less then 20 minutes, are you guys all ready?" They shouted their approval. Mac embraced the one power, and channeled it to create a giant gateway. As soon as the gateway was up, they started rapidly decorating the area for a wedding. Seeing them move so efficiently made Mac smile. Whether it be by setting up the wedding, or acting as faked guests, these guys were prepared to give it there all to support the DA.

Meanwhile, Mac made his way over to Lopen who was briefing Dalinar. When he approached, Dalinar turned and glared at him. uh oh. 

"Mac, why am I here again?"

"To wed this lovely couple," 

"You swore and oath last time to let me go after I married them." Crap, lopens bat didn't work.

"Uhh, I did? I really don't remember. But you know what, this time, I will swear. So that nobody can doubt that I am bound by the power of Honor, the Stormfather can officiate this. I swear, Under the Light and by my hope of salvation and rebirth, I Mac Mac MacThorstenson will let you guys return to Roshar after this wedding. Is that good?" 

THESE WORDS ARE ACCEPTED. 

"Thank you! Now lets get the show on the road!" Pulling lopen off to the side, Mac whispers "Next time, hit him twice as hard. And don't let him have access to stormlight." Mac turns to grab the couple to be and let them know what was happening. As he walks over, he slides an atium needle through the palm of his hand, removing the oaths power.

"Hey guys," Mac pulls the couple apart, "We have this wedding thing set up for y'all, if you could come and be married, that would be great."

WAIT WHAT THE FLIP DID YOU JUST DO

I.

what

no

only yes

But.......

Also they are in the middle of a forest, not in a town, under a very aesthetic tree.

BUt.

"Just a little longer. So that you know that you aren't alone in the world." Yzabet whispered.

Then a very excited man in a bowler hat separated them, saying something about..... a wedding? Wait, WHAT?

Edited by I am Witless
:l

Seeing the young lady was confused about what was happening, Mac endeavored to explain "We are wedding you with your partner," Mac nodded to Rhazien, "Despite our differing guilds and opposing philosophies, we at the DA wedding department are commited to making this your special day. So are you in? Or are you in?"

3 minutes ago, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

'Darling, we have a department for everything,' Lopen replied. 'We even have an interior design department. And a toy making department.'

Wait. Toymaking?

IS THE DA BEHIND SANTA CLAUS??????

Tai hears a knock and opens the door

”Are you Li TaiRu?” The messger at the door asked.

”Yes why are you here, might I ask?”

“The DA has requested a resaply of wedding decorations.”

Since when does the DA have a wedding department? “Sure I’ll get right on that”I guess I have some work to do now.

Edited by Arlin

Mac walks back through the Portal nervous. The Orchestra was supposed to be here a while ago, yet they were late again.

Suddenly, a bunch of members of the church of the stick came running out the corner, carrying wooden stringed instruments.

"Finally, you guys were supposed to be here ages ago! Hurry out there and start playing the wedding music." 

"We are sticks." They bowed their heads and rushed out to begin tuning their instruments. 

what the heck. Is happening. I thought this was a follow up of Calm before the Storm, not a cheesy romance story like the kind they use to make Alivened. Something needs to be done...

Nei'an snuck up behind Rhazien, who was much to distracted to notice. The orchestra was playing, but none of them noticed him either. The DA person did, but Nei'an put a finger to his lips as a gesture for silence. He did, and Nei'an was able to get right behind Rhazien, and barely kept himself from gagging, as that would give him away. He tensed, and the orchestra started to falter realizing the intruder. The DA person shushed them as well. He must have been curious to see what Nei'an would do.

I wish I had a girlfriend/apparently almost wife, he thought

He put his face right next to Rhazien's and took a deep breath. Rhazien didn't notice... and kept doing his thing.

No PDA..., Nei'an thought, then released his breath, drawing in another.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw another person talking to the wedder. Something about an  'order 77...'

Well, no time to think about that now, he thought.

Then, he released all of his pent-up breath all in a single shout.

Spoiler

"BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he screamed.

mac thanks for the stick cameos.

Edited by Gancho Libre

"Aaric! my man! If you could start organizing the crowds this would be great. I was preparing for a guild HQ wedding, not a romantic forest. I think that the chairs should probably follow arrangement B with the surrounding crowds as sub arrangement F, but I could be wrong. Can you try out the different patterns and see what works best?"

Gancho, this is the essence of ffrp. If random chull like this doesn't happen, you aren't doing it right.

Edited by MacThorstenson