Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

Rashan eyed his opponent, the one with the spikes, as they danced around in the cover of night. Rashan grabbed a stick in an attempt to use it as a weapon but the opponent was again too fast, tearing through the stick with his spikes in a fury, cloak creating an illusion of moving darkness. Eventually, the figure aimed his hand at Rashan, and a spike seemed to shoot out of his hand. Rashan had heard of this. Pushing? Steel Allomancy?

And here he was, in a desert in the middle of nowhere in the middle of Sel, with no life in sight. Great.

Edited by I think I am here.

For @BitBitio

Kane, whilst running, powered by ChayShan and Stormlight, suddenly collapsed. This was because his ChayShan instantly disappeared. He focused on sensing the Dor for a moment and sensed the usual Elantrian and ChayShan, the Forgeries, the Potions, even some Bloodsealings. But... there was also a large focus of Dakhor, larger than Kane had ever sensed. And he knew exactly where. 

As he had predicted, the Dakhor Monastery was where the battle was happening. He saw chaos and order and everything together. And at the helm of it all, he saw a Windrunner, barely holding on against two powerful fighters. I have to help him. Thought Kane. But how? And then it hit him. Kane leapt in, protecting the man from a lethal blow. 

"I will protect those who cannot protect themselves!" He yelled.

I have mine in a few

Edited by Mraize

If you think the Bow is me becoming more OP it's not, I've always had this since I first made my character I just haven't really been using it since I've been messing around with Willshaper powers.

Septimus drew his bow. It had been made by him for the sole purpose of creating as much force out of as little as possible. Strength augmentation fabrials, steel and ettmetal, gravity fabrials. He could only fire a few shots with full power, then he could only use the bow normally. He drew an arrow back, the draw strength incredible. He tapped speed and launched the arrow at Teverah, the arrow ripping through the air. He pulled it back three more times, the sound of the reinforced arrows flying at speeds faster than bullets crashing through the air. The power ran out, fabrials running out of stormlight, ettmetal being consumed. All that was left was a bow with a strengthening fabrial. It would do.

I think that compared to suddenly gaining entire groups of Investiture and complete knowledge of how to use them, a fabrial bow is pretty small potatoes even if you did only invent it on the spot.

10 hours ago, LIFE&DEATH said:

Soul reached Septimus and Tevarah, and lept forward and sliced the bat in half. Lashing out (not stormlight, just fast movement) Soul punched him as hard as he could, stormlight enhancing the blow and sending Tevarah flying 15 feet away. Soul advanced slowly towards him, spinning his shardblades in his hands.

"You chose the wrong side, Tevarah. I am sorry."  

They’re not dead eyes.

Memory
Rhazien peeked out of one of TUBA's secret tunnels that lead into the Underground. He checked behind him to see if he was being followed by any of his friends and associates. He was alone, or not in human company, his spren sat on the palm of his hand.
"Are you sure?" He asked Atha.
"Hmmmm. Yes, he is here." She said.
There was a suspicious character hanging around the Alleyverse the past few months. He was relatively confident that it wasn't anyone, he knew using the surge of illumination. No, this was someone else. Someone that he could receive information from, at the very least. That was if Rhazien could catch him. The shifty figure, had a way of getting the better of him. He would lead Rhazien on a chase where the figure would attack him on the occasions where Rhazien would nearly get the better of him. Even then the figure would refuse to speak, despite Rhazien trying insults, questions, and remarks.
Rhazien stepped into the alleyway. The brick doorway slid shut, returning the wall to its normal smooth flat surface. He checked his weapons, securing them. He pulled a cloth across his mouth and nose, concealing much of his identity. He teleported to the top of the Bakery, to get a better vantage point.
The figure stood on another rooftop, his cloak flapped in the wind. The cloak seemed to be split into several ribbons or strips, each whipping the air wildly. Rhazien took a few steps backward before running and leaping in the air. While in the air he phased to the nearest roof. The mistborn, or Rhazien assumed so, hopped into the alley below.
Rhazien phased from rooftop to rooftop following the figure as he navigated the complexity of the Alleyvillage with its winding alleyways. The alleyvillage didn't contain streets like others did. It was compact.
The figure led him to the edge of the town. At the wall surrounding the town, the figure hesitated. He turned to see if Rhazien still tailed him. That is when he struck. As he phased into the cognitive realm and back to the physical realm, he summoned Atha as a naginata, swinging at the figure's face. The man brought up a pair of obsidian axes. Rhazien smirked as he thought of the man's expression, and what emotion would show when he sheared through the black rock as if it were playdoh. He had sworn the Third Oath of the Elsecallers a few days before.
The man didn't make any response when his axes fell into four pieces. Rhazien deliberately dismisses his blade before any damage could be done to the figure. There was the sound of plinking as coins hit the ground. The man shot out into the air.
"Perhaps you are ready." Came the first words Rhazien had heard.
Shocked, Rhazien nearly let the man disappear into the mists beyond the city. He teleported after him. The man led him to a place that would overlook the city if the mists had not been out. They, the mists, swirled around the man beckoning playfully as if a child begging his father to spend time with him.
"Who are you?" A question Rhazien asked the most.
"I am nobody of import." was the reply.
"It takes somebody skilled in their investiture to slip out of my grasp."
"The only thing you need to know is contained in here." The figure said tossing Rhazien a bag.
Inside was a small metal ring. "A metalmind?"
"Yes, one that contains fortune." The man answered. "It bears a warning and a message. Perhaps you can defeat it where others have failed. Gather them, the investitures, they will be needed!"
The man disappeared into the mists, leaving Rhazien alone. Curious, Rhazien slipped the ring on his finger. Knowing it was a metalmind, helped him sense the power inside. He could see it, feel it. He did not have the ability to store fortune, Rhazien was certain of that but he did feel that he could access the power stored inside.
He tapped it.
What he saw frightened him. A power so great that one like himself was insignificant. He stood on the outskirts of a town that was not only on fire but being torn apart by earthen tendrils. The tremors in the ground testified of earthquakes that happened below. Lightning struck the highest buildings, and a part of the city seemed to have sunk into the earth and was covered by water. Several tornadoes raged through the large city, flinging debris, people, and other objects into the air. All of this seemed to be directed by a single pulsating grey cloud at the center. Power from the metal pillars, at the edge of the city, seemed to be flowing into the creature. Somehow Rhazien was able to identify the power as different types of investiture. The spires seemed similar to spikes, in his opinion. It seemed this thing fed of investiture stored in end negative arts.
It was pure chaos. Chaos. Yes, that was a good name for what was happening. Chaos. He knew this thing, whatever it was, needed to be stopped. He needed to follow what the man had said if he was to stop the destruction that was coming.
"That is what happened." Rhazien told Yzabet. "Here is the coppermind that hold that memory if you would like to see for yourself."
He passed the coppermind to her.
"I just need to collect Forgery, Bloodsealing, Chayshan, Sand Mastery, and maybe one or two more that have slipped my mind. I don't know how to use all my investiture accurately or precisely just yet. As of right now, I have collected both Surgebinding and Voidbinding, I have metalminds, I can access the Dor in two different ways, as a Dakhor, and as an Elantrian, or I think at least, I have Allomancy, I snapped at a young age when I was drowning in Shadesmar, though I could only burn Duralumin which was useless, since I could not have any other Allomantic ability. My parents were Scadrian refugees on Roshar. When I received Hemalugry, that all changed as I could use Duralumin to enhance my Rioting and Soothing. Although I haven't tried it yet. I betrayed TUBA by getting these cursed spikes, yet I had to get them, to save everyone. Septimus assumes I betrayed my oaths as well but they are based on perception." Rhazien's voice dropped to a whisper at this point, tears streamed down his face.
"That is why I left. Archer and I thought it would be better to be safe than sorry, so I left TUBA, I couldn't hurt anyone, especially you. I couldn't bear the thought of destroying TUBA with my own hands but being controlled by another. The decision was made before I received the spike, of course. It was better this way."
Rhazien's gaze had fallen to the floor, in shame, and guilt.

This took me two hours to write. 11pm-1:15am

Yup. Its true. It totally wasn't because he ate the last peanut butter cookie in the jar. Sorry to disappoint. 

Archer looked up from his bed, where he'd been lying near death, being slapped by gophers. It was a pain to store health and luck, but he had nothing better to do. He was tempted to say something, but he thought the better of it.

I don't really have a reason to be in this one, so my explanation of what I'm doing right now is that I'm chilling at home refilling my metalminds. I'll probably catch the next round of ffrp, but for now *slap* gophers. 

Tevarah felt something fly past his head, he turned around just in time to be shot  in the gut, an immediate burst of pain ran though his body, he got another bolt in the leg, "ahhh" he was frantically looking for the person who shot him, there right there, it was Septimus holding a bow with some weird attachments. Currently he had two choices heal himself and be unnable to fly, or fly away with the possibility of bleeding out and dying. He blocked another arrow with a Tessi formed sheild, those arrows were going much slower now. "Huh I wonder why there going slower now must be some sort of"-Tevarah! Tessi screamed your not thinking strait. Tevarah went to act he reached down to pull the arrow out of his stomach, but it wasn't there, those arrows must have been going extremely fast- no stop! Stop thinking, Tevarah thought to himself. He directed all of the stormlight he had to the wounds, that felt much better, he looked to his leg, there was still a big gash where the arrow had gone through, the stormlight hadn't quite healed the wound. That's when he lost consciousness.

Tevarah tumbled through the air looking like a rag doll, blessedly he was falling at an angle he hit a tile roof, falling fast on the angled roof then rolled off, he hit the ground hard his body splayed on the ground.

BitBitio character 

The Windrunner fell. Kane hah saved him once but lost him almost right after. No. He couldn't fail so soon... Kane leapt, tapping Electrum, draining his metalminds almost entirely. He landed, slashed a dagger across a man's face, and somehow willed the fallen Windrunner to rise. Realizing that this was his newfound power in Surgebinding, he willed the man to follow the Dor signature of Rhazien's Dakhor. Kane followed as well, on foot, dashing with Determination, ChayShan, Stormlight, and everything else.

He would escape.

Septimus watched as Tevarah fell from the sky. He stopped abruptly however as he began to float into the distance. Slowly. Whoever had saved him obviously had little experience with their surges, only able to get a bit out of them. Septimus rode forward on a ribbon of sand, and launched himself with rock towards Tevarah. He arced upward and grabbed Tevarah, taking the stormlight from the lashing. He turned the floor to liquid, cushioning their fall. He turned it back into a solid trapping Tevarah up to his neck in rock. He didn't need to kill him. Septimus went back to the monastery to collect his allies 

"And.... And what should I do?" Yzabet didn't mean to say it out loud. This wasn't something that she should meddle in. She didn't want to be near Rhazien if it turned out the way that he feared, and she didn't have the powers to change anything.

"No, forget that." She clinched the ring tightly -she'd look at it later - and moved away from Rhazien. "I'll go my own way. I always have." Her eyes met his, and she could sense his sadness.

Healing flooded Soul’s leg, restoring his injured foot. Ripping our the spikes he towed them to the ground, but kept the metalminds. Storing away all Identity, he became a black slate and tapped the healing inside them to heal the empty spike holes. 

There he is.” El spoke in his mind. Smiling, Soul lashed himself towards the immobile Tevarah.

"Wow, they just left me. After all of the effort I put into getting here they left me!"

Maybe it was that you came in, scared half the group, spiked someone, then didn't do anything useful?

"NO, it wasn't my fault. They just left me." *snaps fingers* "Like that! Storm it, I have to go through the status reports back at the office."

He walks through a gateway, into his office, where a new pile of papers lay on his desk. He walks over to his personal lab, and standing next to his blood jars, he grabs his gold metalmind and begins to tap it as he removes his spikes. After he removes it, he places it in a labeled jar, and then puts the jar on a shelf. When he has 3 spikes left, he stops. One for the One Power, and two for gold compounding. When he sits down at his desk, he begins to look through the reports. The first one is about larkin Hemalurgy.

We have made leaps and bounds surrounding larkin hemalurugy. The first <REDACTED> had been <REDACTED> <REDACTED> the <REDACTED> <REDACTED>. 

That's helpful.

The next memo was discussing the siege on the penguins alley, Mac skipped over that one. 

He skimmed through the sales reports and the recruitment profiles, until he reached one that made his eyes shoot up.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, Jehoiada said:

Tevarah awoke with a shock remembering the past events, he went to scratch his nose, but he couldn't move, he looked down, "oh storms not again, help anyone help!." 

Drako ran out from one of the alleys, dropping to his knee and smashing his gauntlet into the ground around Tevarah. The stone slab shattered, and Drako forcibly pulled Tevarah out of the dirt ground below it.

He set him down, waving for one of his two marines to drag him into the alley. He looked around, seeing the broken monastery and the warped bodies of the Dakhor monks lying on the ground. A thunderclast rampaged in a forest down below.

Emperor's Throne, he thought. What mess have I gotten myself into?

He stood up, looking hard at Tevarah. "Start talking," he said. "What happened here?"

Lopen awoke, banging his head against the top of a coffin. 

This is pretty interesting.

Lopen violently danced the worm, shattering the wooden planks that surrounded him, and allowing the loving tendrils of the earth embrace him. Lopen flared steel, pushing on the metal decorations on his coffin to part the soil with his hat. As he crawled out of the hole he felt a wave of the Dor rush over him, enveloping him like a waffle iron envelops batter. As his eyes cleared of soil he noticed Voidus and some other guys eating lunch after a hard day's work in the alleys. They ignored Lopen for the most part, the only acknowledgement being a slight nod from Voidus. Lopen realised why he was here. He needed to find it.

As he opened the secret door of his lab in alley 647 Lopen was greeted by the delicious smell of waffles and animal. As he gazed upon his creation he smiled. As he uttered something in Yolish the million Lifeless carved an Aon Tia out of white light, and they all appeared directly in front of Rhaizen. A Yolish battle cry escaped Lopen's mouth, and they attacked. The power of a million Aon Daas pierced the air, shattering a nearby mountain to dust. Lopen's face took a look of grim satisfaction, and directed itself at Rhaizen.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

4 hours ago, Mraize said:

"Then perhaps this is the last time you will see me alive, old friend." He said,
His eyes glanced at her, once, before he turned to leave. He hesitated at the door as if waiting, giving Yzabet a chance to speak before he left.

There is no door. It's a tree cave.

"Then don't waste a perfectly last goodbye." Yzabet said, smiling. "Make it memorable. I don't understand what you're doing, and if I did I probably wouldn't approve, but I want this to be memorable." She took a step towards him NO YOU DON'T IT TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH TO GET OVER HIM and held out her arms for an embrace.

11 minutes ago, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

As he opened the secret door of his lab in alley 647 Lopez was greeted by the delicious smell of waffles and animal. As he gazed upon his creation he smiled. As he uttered something in Yolish the million Lifeless carved an Aon Tia out of white light, and they all appeared directly in front of Rhaizen. A Yolish battle cry escaped Lopen's mouth, and they attacked. The power of a thousand Aon Daas struck Yzabet, and as they fell to the ground Lopen's face took a look of grim satisfaction, and directed itself at Rhaizen.

I'm on the edge of taking this seriously, but I've never RP'd a romantic scene before so I'm gonna ignore it for now. Sorry, Lopen.