Straw

Long Game 45: The House War

510 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I plan on putting a vote in by tomorrow, I'm just not sure who yet.

Fifth is pushing my lynch with surprising diligence. Maybe him.

5 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Fifth is pushing my lynch with surprising diligence. Maybe him.

I am, because as of right now almost every vote cast has been for no reason, or a contrived reason designed to provide a cover for someone’s true motives. Meanwhile, I am voting for information, which your death would provide. Could I lynch Araris and get the same info? Probably. But Araris has been killed on Day Two twice in the past three games (AG4 and LG44) so I’m not keen on lynching him this early. Besides, all the counter wagons rose in response to my breaking the tie on you, so you remain the key player in the D1 lynch.

I’m leaving, and very likely won’t be back until after rollover. Please don’t lynch me while I’m gone. 

Realistically, this game type means that pretty much any lynch outside of your own faction would reveal information and help you toward your win con. Almost all votes, especially this early, are contrived. Was there any real reason for the lynch on Pyro?

2 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I am, because as of right now almost every vote cast has been for no reason, or a contrived reason designed to provide a cover for someone’s true motives. Meanwhile, I am voting for information, which your death would provide. Could I lynch Araris and get the same info? Probably. But Araris has been killed on Day Two twice in the past three games (AG4 and LG44) so I’m not keen on lynching him this early. Besides, all the counter wagons rose in response to my breaking the tie on you, so you remain the key player in the D1 lynch.

I don't see what information voting for Araris would actually provide us. Most of the time, D1 Lynches are not good indicators of anything really. So lynching Araris would come up with seeing that Araris was lynched, and he had x role and y faction. That's about it. Plus he didn't even vote D1. So not much can be guessed about his current role/faction. Arinian was the other one to vote for Pyro, along with Shqueeves, and snip, so I will put my vote for Arinian as of right now. This is very subject to change. It's just tentative.

Honestly, the nature of this game limits any sort of discussion. The only reasoning behind votes is the motivation of each house to win, and we already all know who we need to kill. There's no way to be vague about that. We also have an insane amount of vote manipulation out there. I'd rather not leave the lynch up to chance, so I think it's best to at least cement a lynch rather than let vote manip decide. As such, I'll be voting on Shqueeves.

1 hour ago, Snipexe said:

Fifth Scholar

(sorry)

Why are you voting for Fifth? I'm wondering if its because he said something, or how he is trying to lynch shqueeves, or if you have a scan or some other information on him, or some other reason

Edited by MacThorstenson

I'm going to vote for Fifth mostly because I don't want to be on somebody's kill list.

Count (based on previous) 

Shqueeves(3) - Bort, Fifth, Ripple

Fifth(3) - Mark, Araris, Snipexe

Bort(1) - Shqueeves

Arinian(1) - Cadmium Compounder

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm going to vote for Fifth mostly because I don't want to be on somebody's kill list.

News flash: if you're not a part of any given player's house, you're on that player's kill list. Just a matter of when.

Also, can we please, please not go into rollover with a tied vote? Please don't leave it to the numerous vote shenanigans that will undoubtedly occur.

I'm perfectly aware that nearly everyone hear wants me dead. I have that effect on people. But Fifth wants me dead for a specific reason, which is more dangerous.

Fifth did tell us that he wasn't going to be able to get on before rollover. Since then, there has been an entire mob move to lynch him. I don't think that sounds fair. 

Plus, I don't know what info Fifth can get from lynching you. All you were was a random person who was voted upon D1. I personally think that in that comment, Fifth meant to say Arinian, who voted for the person that was lynched. That's why I voted for him. 

Edit: That's why I voted for Arinian

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

Just now, RippleGylf said:

News flash: if you're not a part of any given player's house, you're on that player's kill list. Just a matter of when.

Also, can we please, please not go into rollover with a tied vote? Please don't leave it to the numerous vote shenanigans that will undoubtedly occur.

You're welcome to vote for fifth if you don't want the vote tied. 

As such, I haven't found Fifth's arguement convincing primarily because 

1) What discussion do they hope to generate in a purely faction based game

2)I would expect Shqueeves' house members must have been involved in voting to make sure he survived. There's not much to crosscheck in that. 

3) I don't see a reason he couldn't have said what he did this cycle last cycle. 

4)"All the counter wagons rose in response to my breaking the tie on you..." There was one 'counter wagon' started by me. And I know I didn't start it because of your vote because... well... I started it.

5) Elandera has a point. What reason do you expect people to vote for apart from contrived reasons or just plain old bloodthirstiness. 

I could not get on earlier, hence I know fifth won't be able to reply to my post. However, I will not be removing my vote. 

1 minute ago, Mark IV said:

1) What discussion do they hope to generate in a purely faction based game

Well, you can't figure anything out from silence. The main info to uncover is who is allied with who. By threatening to lynch a player, the discussion one hopes to generate is that of opposing candidates for the lynch, so as to deduce who belongs to which house. It's also just more fun when people are actually talking.

Also, I'd rather not lynch Fifth right now, just because they won't be able to get on before rollover.

Honestly, It's not that I don't want fifth to be lynched. It's just that I would feel bad contributing. Frankly I don't care one bit about whether or not fifth lives.

I don't particularly care about who lives or dies, and thus there's no point in me voting, to be honest. So you all go ahead and sate your bloodthirst :P

I'm going to be more active, having sorted out work and all that. So expect to see more of me, I suppose.

Looks like there another possibility for 3 way tie, if my guess right... hehehe :P. Lets start the mess :ph34r:! Bort.

Hi guys. I'm dealing with a lot of crazy, unexpected things IRL that have made it essentially impossible for me to participate so far this game and I'm afraid that it's not going to change any time soon :(. As such, consider this my formal request for a pitch hitter.

@Straw

I have no idea who to vote for or what's even happened so far, and don't really feel comfortable participating in a lynch regardless since this is a faction game, so No one.

@Amanuensis Due to the fact that there are no pinch hitters in this game, you’ll die at the end of Night Two if you’re unable to be active.

The cycle is over!

[Writeup to be edited in.]

Fifth Scholar is dead! He was a Informant/Smoker in House Tekiel.

Arinian (1): Cadmium Compounder

Bort (2): Arinian

Fifth Scholar (5):  Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Araris, Snipexe

Shqueeves (3): Bort, Fifth Scholar, RippleGylf

The Night will end on May 11, at 5:00 PM EST.

bla_1526072400.png

List of Players:

1. MacThorstenson (Malcolm MacClaimen)
2. ElephantEarwax (Rend)
3. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod)
4. RippleGylf (Claire Lepinceau)
5. Mraize (Rhazien)
6. Elandera (Dera Renault)
7. Eternum (Aiden Ostlin)
8. Steeldancer (Steel)
9. Frozen Mint (Mint)
10. I think I am here (Itiah)