Long Game 45: The House War

Straw

"Amati? Are you certain?" Dera asked of her skaa servant. He'd just delivered the news of the latest casualty in the house war. "And a mistborn at that!"

House Lekal will not be pleased, she thought as she returned to the financial paperwork of her business.

Thanks, y’all :P Nice to know I’m such a huge threat :P. I suppose it’s Shqueeves’ house that wants me dead, but perhaps I’m jumping to conclusions. Can’t be too safe at a House ball, I suppose, even for a Mistborn. But whoever wants me dead, I’d certainly appreciate a PM. Or an explanation in thread would work too. :D 

Considering the limited information I have to work with, I’ll refrain from voting for now. 

So after a day and a night, I've gathered that this is drastically different than a standard village/elim game. That's gonna take some getting used to!

Also I forgot that there was a night lynch. I saw that Kidpen was killed, and I assumed it was a coinshot at first, until I saw the vote tallies. I suppose I'll have to try to remember for next time.

1 hour ago, Bort said:

For now, Shqueeves. Simply for being too lazy to pick himself a name to use.

I considered doing this last day cycle, but felt it best to give him a chance.

I wanted to be surprised. What's wrong with the default rival name in Pokemon Gold and Silver? 

I'll vote Dalinar Kholin (Kadgar) because I've no interest in continuing a fight with Fifth

Edited by Shqueeves

I suspect neither... How old are you?

Oh, I see you edited your post... Pokemon Gold and Silver, not pkmn. See, vowels are good. They are your friends. Now if you'd said that originally, I would have had a better idea of what you were talking about. Still not sure on the 'default name' bit though. Do your enemies in the Pokemon games not have names?

Yeah, now pretty sure you should be neither disappointed by the next generation, or feel old. If you were into Pokemon, then you are probably younger than I am.

Edited by Bort
Editing in my edit after seeing Shqueeves had edited his

16 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Can’t be too safe at a House ball, I suppose, even for a Mistborn.

It could be a reference to Kidpen's death, but when I first read it it seemed like a claim. So, for now, Fifth Scholar. I'm not set on this, but figured it might contribute to discussion.

Wait, I thought it was Gary. Does the name not stay the same going from Gen 1 to Gen 2?

Anyways, I like this plan. Kill two players with one lynch cycle. It’ll make the Houses dwindle ever faster, leaving less competition left during the rounds where it counts...

56 minutes ago, Mraize said:

You can take of my vote Shqueeves. I just found it a little unfair that you switched your vote for a stupid reason.

Given that there isn't an elim faction, all reasons for voting are kinda contrived. 

16 minutes ago, Walin said:

Wait, I thought it was Gary. Does the name not stay the same going from Gen 1 to Gen 2?

In gen 1&2 you could pick your rivals name, with the default in gen 1 being Blue(it might've depended on the game) and the default in gen 2 being ???. Unless I'm totally wrong cause these are dated memories. 

3 hours ago, Mark IV said:

Fifth Scholar.

I'd really like to know why you wanted Pyro alive enough to publicly say it that way. 

Sure. I didn’t care about Pyro staying alive, honestly, but similar to now I had a feeling discussion was stalling a bit and I wanted to pick it up. I felt breaking a tie would do that, and apparently I was right. And what do you mean, “say it that way?”

5 hours ago, Elandera said:

It could be a reference to Kidpen's death, but when I first read it it seemed like a claim. So, for now, Fifth Scholar. I'm not set on this, but figured it might contribute to discussion.

Yay? It’s good you’re interested in discussion, which I applaud, but I’m not particularly pleased that it’s currently centered on lynching me :P 

For now, I’ll just point out claiming in thread would be an abundantly stupid move if I was Mistborn, as that’s one role that nobody really wants around. While Kidpen may have been the only Mistborn, others are possible, I’d say probable, and claiming a dangerous role like that would almost guarantee my lynch.

I will now reveal the true reason I’m voting Shqueeves, since I haven’t really done that: his death will yield valuable information in regards to what was going on in the first cycle lynch, him being one of the key players, and so I was hoping I could glean info regarding others’ house alignment with his lynch. 

To close, I’ll say that I’m certainly pleased with the increased levels of discussion. Good job guys! 

So now the vote count is?

Shqueeves (2) (Bort)(Fifth Scholar)

Bort (1)(Shqueeves)

Fifth Scholar (1) (Mark)

Is that correct? 

I plan on putting a vote in by tomorrow, I'm just not sure who yet.