Long Game 45: The House War

Straw

We just got wiped out one by one :P

Good game to everyone! I wasn't exactly following this after I died, but I was checking in occasionally.

Either way, good job, Elariel! 

32 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Do you guys not see the docs? I've already read them all. I think we by far had the longest doc. 

Yup, I found them finally... Now that I'm in no SE games, I've slipped back into "Oblivious Ela" mode.

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm kinda surprised again at the reaction to my lie about House Urbain. Hopefully we can all be less trustworthy next time.

I can support this. Plan to be very untrustworthy in all future games.

Now that I've read through the docs, I have a bit more to say.

First, @Mark IV, I honestly did think you were Mistborn in House Hasting. Your defense of Itiah supported that, and Elephant's vote on Itiah threw me away from suspecting him of being Hasting and the final Mistborn. We had hoped you were well connected and wanted to create a tie between you and Dalinar, but there was some last-minute scrambling and guessing that was clearly faulty.

Also, it seems Elariel just got lucky in a lot of places. There were an unfortunate number of people who went inactive. And somehow Steel and I remained under the radar. 

Finally, how was Araris protected from the coinshot attack?! I'm not sure I found the answer in any of the docs.

Thank you Straw for hosting. It was a great game! There were some hiccups, but it was still fun.

Edit: Oh! I forgot I wanted to give a congrats to those in House Hasting. Being fairly new myself (3 games now under my belt, one of which I died D1), I don't know who's new and who are veteran SEers. Aside from being told Elephant and Snipexe were new, I had no idea the rest of you were new too. You all did a great job.

Edited by Elandera

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

Now that I've read through the docs, I have a bit more to say.

First, @Mark IV, I honestly did think you were Mistborn in House Hasting. Your defense of Itiah supported that, and Elephant's vote on Itiah threw me away from suspecting him of being Hasting and the final Mistborn. We had hoped you were well connected and wanted to create a tie between you and Dalinar, but there was some last-minute scrambling and guessing that was clearly faulty.

Also, it seems Elariel just got lucky in a lot of places. There were an unfortunate number of people who went inactive. And somehow Steel and I remained under the radar. 

Finally, how was Araris protected from the coinshot attack?! I'm not sure I found the answer in any of the docs.

Thank you Straw for hosting. It was a great game! There were some hiccups, but it was still fun.

Edit: Oh! I forgot I wanted to give an congrats to those in House Hasting. Being fairly new myself (3 games now under my belt, one of which I died D1), I don't know who's new and who are veteran SEers. Aside from being told Elephant and Snipexe were new, I had no idea the rest of you were new too. You all did a great job.

Thanks for the congrats! It definitely was pretty fun being in a house, where I was the most veteran player, and this only being my second SE game. The one thing that really got us was that D4 lynch. The one between Itiah, and Araris. Elephant voted for Itiah, because in the rules, it said that Thugs votes were cancelled.

Then the next phase, we learned that his vote was not cancelled. At first it was just frustrating, but the results wouldn't have changed. When day 7 came around, and the revelation that the count on that lynch was incorrect, it wouldn't have changed Itiah's death, but it would have made it so Araris also died that day. So then it became a bit more frustrating. But alas. It was a fun game. We kindof got the short end of the stick there, but all is forgiven. It was a great allegory for life.

Well folks, it's long, long, long past time we closed this game up.  Seriously, it's been almost a year since the game finished.  :o We are getting these done. Promise.

Many thanks to Straw their smoothly run game and thanks to the players.  Without all of you, there wouldn't be a SE for us to enjoy.

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of

Wilson, Orlok, Fifth or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!  If you would rather keep some detail secret or are self conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be, while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, and Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: