Long Game 45: The House War

Straw

I'd rather have waited until the night to reply, given that the vote was tied (but, now it's not (we now know you're Elariel, elephant), but if what you say is true, Dalinar, and Elandera is Elariel (oh dear god: The alliteration), the only thing that would seal your arguement is what house you're in. 

I'm so far moved by your arguement, but it's still not complete, is it? If I am to stand a chance of winning, I know that there are atleast  2houses with or worse yet, a house with three people respectively (which would then be Elariel, so I'd vote for Elandera).  But if you're part of, say, tekiel, and they happen to have five people, it doesn't really matter to me much if you die or Elandera dies. 

So, yeah. I mean, I'm better off with either of you dying, really. Perhaps I'll vote for one of you at the end if I think it benefits me. 

In the mean time, I'd recommend you complete your arguement. 

Dalinar

Edit: I may have miscounted the house numbers thing, but you get the point.

Edited by Mark IV
A thing

My guess for a while has been that Dalinar is part of House Venture, making him the last of a five-member house. I believe Lekal is the other five member house (an argument I've presented before) which would leave them with two votes remaining. Either way, one house will still have an advantage if either Dalinar or I die. Also, there have been no three-vote night lynches since Araris died. They've all been at one or two, suggesting no house has three remaining members.

7 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Elandera(2) - Dalinar(they openly admitted to be an orator) 

Dalinar(2) - Elandera, Elephant

@RippleGylf @Steeldancer you guys have been silent since we killed Araris

Sorry, I've been busy with things, as you may have noticed. Um, I don't really care who dies of the two. Dalinar, Elandera, why should I vote for the other person? How does it benefit me? Right now I find Dalinar more threatening role wise, and Elandera more threatening house wise. So, convince me which is more important. 

I've made my arguments, and at this point I'm not sure how much it matters. Either it ends in a tie and we both die, or one is killed this lynch and the other during the anonymous lynch. It's been a fun game. I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have. :D

5 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Sorry, I've been busy with things, as you may have noticed. Um, I don't really care who dies of the two. Dalinar, Elandera, why should I vote for the other person? How does it benefit me? Right now I find Dalinar more threatening role wise, and Elandera more threatening house wise. So, convince me which is more important. 

14 hours ago, Mark IV said:

I'd rather have waited until the night to reply, given that the vote was tied (but, now it's not (we now know you're Elariel, elephant), but if what you say is true, Dalinar, and Elandera is Elariel (oh dear god: The alliteration), the only thing that would seal your arguement is what house you're in. 

I'm so far moved by your arguement, but it's still not complete, is it? If I am to stand a chance of winning, I know that there are atleast  2houses with or worse yet, a house with three people respectively (which would then be Elariel, so I'd vote for Elandera).  But if you're part of, say, tekiel, and they happen to have five people, it doesn't really matter to me much if you die or Elandera dies. 

So, yeah. I mean, I'm better off with either of you dying, really. Perhaps I'll vote for one of you at the end if I think it benefits me. 

In the mean time, I'd recommend you complete your arguement. 

Dalinar

Edit: I may have miscounted the house numbers thing, but you get the point.

I am the last member of Tekiel. Which is precisely why I'm so irritated right now, b/c me voting on a dead guy killed my remaining teammate... My incompetence in itself makes me deserve to lose, but I digress. Here's the thing, from Mraizes death, it seems like he's last one within Venture. He just sorta gave up (why would he do that with a solid chance of victory?) I suspect there's one more in Lekal, maybe two more in Hastings, and two or three more in Elariel. 

So, why weaken as house instead of finishing one off?

A): Coordination. We have no team doc to secretly plot and plan. This leaves us fragmented and vulnerable. We don't know your guys house or who is alone or together, but you know mine. Thus my orater ability is minimized because I can't coordinate with anyone to use it effectively. Meanwhile, I'm presuming that there are kill abilities out there. It takes two kill abilities for two people, and one for me.

B): Mathematically:

I am one person, two votes plus seeker.

Elariel has (at least) two people, two votes, plus abilities (yes plural, note how Elandera only said she didn't have allomantic abilities, but she does have a non-allomantic one).

Thus I by myself am weaker than Elariel, thus less of a threat.

C): Leveling the Playing Field

A 2 v 1 v 1 is better than a 2 v 2. No matter the situation. The 2 on a team will never work against each other, no matter what, the 1 v 1 will. The orater ability is being overhyped, it can be soothed or rioted, and now that I'm know it becomes weak. Being known as an orater makes me incredibly innefective.

11 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

So, why weaken as house instead of finishing one off?

Or we could abstain from voting and let you both die via a tie

Nvm, ninja'd

Edited by Shqueeves

1 hour ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

@Mark IV @Steeldancer

And don't think you can just leave it tied. Elandera and I could just work together against you instead to prevent both of us dying. Or I could hammer at the last minute out of vengeance.

If you two were going to work together, you would have worked together already. The fact that you're threatening to retaliate frankly demonstrates exactly how dangerous an orator can be. Coordination can fail. An orator doesn't have to coordinate. 

There's almost two people left to any given house, I'm relatively sure of that. That means an orator will always be able to threaten rather easily at this point. Killing Elandera effectively renders you the most powerful during any vote. 

So, do you think I'm leaving the vote tied? No. I'll listen to what you're saying and vote; I vote Dalinar

(I don't mean to be insulting. I know the tone of this post is not exactly cordial and I'll change it if you do wish so, but I just wanted to be dramatic.)

Edited by Mark IV

33 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

If you two were going to work together, you would have worked together already. The fact that you're threatening to retaliate frankly demonstrates exactly how dangerous an orator can be. Coordination can fail. An orator doesn't have to coordinate. 

There's almost two people left to any given house, I'm relatively sure of that. That means an orator will always be able to threaten rather easily at this point. Killing Elandera effectively renders you the most powerful during any vote. 

So, do you think I'm leaving the vote tied? No. I'll listen to what you're saying and vote; I vote Dalinar

(I don't mean to be insulting. I know the tone of this post is not exactly cordial and I'll change it if you do wish so, but I just wanted to be dramatic.)

Fair Enough :) It was worth a try though, I had to make you vote one way or another, although I disagree overall with your belief in the relative power of an orater.

Just now, Dalinar Kholin said:

Fair Enough :) It was worth a try though, I had to make you vote one way or another, although I disagree overall with your belief in the relative power of an orater.

Of course you would. 

I disagree on the relative power of... Whatever role I may or may not happen to have. :P

It's perspective, isn't it? The unpredictablility associated with someone else's role. The reason Itiah died. The reason Araris died. The reason you'll die. Probably the reason Walin died. (I can't remember any more off the top of my head)

It's very nice to think over, really. :)

Also, Mark IV Elandera.

(So you can't take that vote off last minute to get us both killed).

Of course I'm biased, but merely beause I'm biased doesn't make me wrong :P 

For the majority of the game oraters are strong, but at the end? Thugs, rioters, coinsots, misborns. All far stronger objectively. Coinshot kills and votes, mistborns are just misborns, rioters are a hard counter, thugs survive the coinshot barrages that end the game (mind as while save coinshots until the last minute).

Yet again, you prove my point. If that threat is at all credible, do you really call yourself powerless? 

You're vulnerable, sure. But power does not necessarily equate to invincibility. 

The fact that you can cause people to do things is power (in my opinion, atleast). It is a common corollary that invincibility arises out of power, but it is not necessary. 

Just now, Dalinar Kholin said:

Power is dependent on others responding to it. Since none have, can you truly call it power? Yes, I can in my opinion :P 

I think we concur then? If you can call that power, and I can call that power, matter over? 

So, the only thing this discussion has brought me is two votes on my back. 

Bravo, Mark!

(In all honesty though, you would probably have thought of that caveat whether I had said anything or not)

1 hour ago, Mark IV said:

I think we concur then? If you can call that power, and I can call that power, matter over? 

So, the only thing this discussion has brought me is two votes on my back. 

Bravo, Mark!

(In all honesty though, you would probably have thought of that caveat whether I had said anything or not)

:P I was calling myself powerless. Whoops... Good day to you all good sirs.

[Writeup to be edited in.]

Mark IV is dead! He was a Romantic/Seeker in House Lekal.

Dalinar (3): ElephantEarwax, Mark IV, Shqueeves

Mark IV (4): Dalinar Kholin, Elandera, Anonymous

Announcement: I believe I said this on Night Six, but due to inactivity in ball PMs, there will be no more ball PMs.

The Night will end on May 26, at 5:00 PM EST.

[url=https://www.pending.me.uk]https://pending.me.uk/cd/bla_1527368400.png[/img[/url]

List of Players:

1. MacThorstenson (Malcolm MacClaimen) Tekiel Underground Contacts
2. ElephantEarwax (Rend)
3. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod) Elariel Romantic/Rioter
4. RippleGylf (Claire Lepinceau)
5. Mraize (Rhazien) Venture Romantic/Seeker
6. Elandera (Dera Renault)
7. Eternum (Aiden Ostlin) Venture Secretive
8. Steeldancer (Steel)
9. Frozen Mint (Mint) Lekal Shy/Lurcher

10. I think I am here (Itiah) Hasting Romantic/Tineye
11. Bort (Jynx) Venture Shy/Tineye
12. Shqueeves (???)
13. Arinian (Faron Elverein) Elariel Orator
14. Dalinar Kholin (Kadgar)
15. Mark IV (Mark) Lekal Romantic/Seeker
16. Snipexe (Snip Exeutor) Hasting Underground Contacts/Soother

17. Kidpen (Amati) Lekal Gossip/Mistborn

18. Walin (Torden) Lekal Informant
19. Amanuensis (Jeda Renaud) Tekiel Romantic/Mistborn
20. Cadmium Compounder (Seamin) [/color=orange]Hasting Well Connected/Thug[/color]
21. The Young Pyromancer (Limerick) Venture Informant
22. Fifth Scholar (Duilin) Tekiel Informant/Smoker

Edited by Straw

Well, that was unexpected. 6 remain. Presumably two from Elariel, two from Hastings, one from Tekiel, one from Venture perhaps? The question is what happens now?

I suppose it could be one from Hastings one from Lekal

Edited by Dalinar Kholin
Realized Hastings had three dead