Top 5 Marvel Movies

So I haven't seen all of them...I think there is something close to thirty of them. But I have seen about two/thirds so I will provide my ranking and am curious what other people favorites are.

1. Thor: Ragnarok- nonstop laughs and action and I also love the 80's vibe. Also loved Cate Blanchett in her role

2. Guardians of the Galaxy- Just a lot of fun

3. Avengers: Infinity War- Like the first movie (on the list) it achieves a great balance of comedy and action; its also fun seeing everyone come together.

4. Dr. Strange- Cumberbatch is a great actor and I love the special effects and visuals of the film

5. Captain Amercia: Winter Soldier- My favorite of the Captain America solo films

Edited by Ammanas

1. Avengers: Infinity War (It was perfectly made. No other movie got my heart pounding like that.)

2. Doctor Strange (Just such a great movie. Reminded me of a Sanderson book in many ways. Loved the magic and the characters journey, and it was paced perfectly.)

3. Black Panther (Solidly done, but a bit familiar. Awesome cast of characters.)

4. Spider-Man: Homecoming (Still home to my favorite villain, and Tom Holland rocks as Spider-Man. Did extremely well for a third reboot.)

5. (Honestly too hard to decide between all three of the Captain America movies, the first Iron Man movie, and Guardians of the Galaxy.)

1. Captain America: Civil War- they just did a great job presenting the story, totally team Cap.

2. Avengers: Infinity war- just wow

3. Ant Man- So funny, I think it's their most underrated movie.

4. Dr Strange- Cumberbatch does a great job in the role, and the scene the the broom closet(which her reaction was real, the mop wasn't supposed to fall)

5. Guardians of the Galaxy- it's just so fun.

1 hour ago, Jorville said:

1. Captain America: Civil War- they just did a great job presenting the story, totally team Cap.

2. Avengers: Infinity war- just wow

3. Ant Man- So funny, I think it's their most underrated movie.

4. Dr Strange- Cumberbatch does a great job in the role, and the scene the the broom closet(which her reaction was real, the mop wasn't supposed to fall)

5. Guardians of the Galaxy- it's just so fun.

Ant-Man was good, but I can't abide their breaking science. Like, if you explain that the magic works a specific way, don't ignore it every other time it's used... The comedy and characters and story was gold though, I agree.

1. Spider Man Homecoming

2. Black Panther

3. Iron Man

4, Thor Ragnarok

5. Doctor Strange (Maybe moves to number 4, they were both good in different ways)

After that, probably Avengers (1), Thor, Civil war, Age of Ultron,  Infinity War

Alright that's it...I have to watch SpiderMan:Homecoming. I actually enjoyed Spiderman in Infinity War, but I think I never saw it at the movies because it was, I think, the third reboot of the series and didn't think it would be any good. Evidently people love it so I will have to check it out.

@Ammanas - Yeah, Spiderman: Homecoming was well worth the watch. I'm not so sure it would make my top five, but it was a massive improvement on the Toby Whats-his-face years.

Let's see now...

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

2. Thor: Ragnarok

3. Ant-Man

4. Avengers

5: Infinity War

Hmm... this is tough.

1.) Guardians of the Galaxy
2.) Iron Man
3.) Avengers
4.) Black Panther
5.) Dr. Strange

Bonus round because 5 and 6 are really close...

6.) Thor Ragnarok 

chris-pratt-dancing.gif

Edited by The Sovereign
Because reasons...

This is hard. There are so many good ones. 

1. Thor: Ragnarok: Easily the best Thor movie, perfect blend of humor and seriousness, Cate Blanchett was awesome, just loved it. 

2. GotG Vol 2: I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I liked but didn't love the first one so wasn't sure what to expect. But I feel similarly to this one as I do Thor: Ragnarok in that it was a great blend of humor and seriousness. Did not expect all the feels this gave me.

3. Avengers: Infinity War: 10 years of set-up with very few duds and this paid off big time. So great

4. Avengers: The first big get together. Such great individual characters who came together in believable ways, had believable relationships, and believable interpersonal conflicts. Loki was a fantastic villain. (And truly is one of my favorite characters in the whole MCU. RIP)

5. Iron Man: The one that started it all. This placement may be a little bit of nostalgia. But at the time I think it was the most complex super hero movie I had ever seen. Tony's arc and growth were great. His personality was great. His relationship with Pepper was great. 

Honorable mentions to Black Panther and Spider-Man: Homecoming. I can't wait for more of these guys. Easily the best Spider-Man movie of all versions. Black Panther was visually stunning, and had fantastic characters all around. 

Unpopular opinion: I never could get emotionally invested in Dr. Strange. It just fell flat for me even though the magic was cool. I liked him more in Infinity War.

Overall I love the MCU. I love how the characters are all superheroes but have their own unique personalities. They all feel very real to me. I love that one movie can just be so funny and I love it, while others are more serious, and I still love it. 

• 1 month later...

1: Infinity War: So cool to see all the different characters, and I like the more big scale movies. Also very fun despite the huge threat.

2: Guardians of the Galaxy: Really fun, with interesting characters and great music.

3: Spider-Man Homecoming: Again, just a really fun movie, and I liked that he still had to deal with school and stuff.

4: Black Panther: Perfect mix of funny and serious, with really investing characters and easily the best MCU villain (in my opinion).

5: Thor Ragnarok: Funny, with an interesting story line and great characters. Plus I love Loki & Thor in general...

Honourable Mentions:

Captain America: The First Avenger: The relationship with Cap and Bucky in general is great, and so is Peggy Carter. 

Doctor Strange: Huge Benedict Cumberbatch fan, and I really liked the magic.

Ant-Man: Really fun, and love the characters, but they mess with science A LOT.

Basically, I love Marvel movies, and Superhero movies in general, :)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay. I haven't finished catching up on the mcu, next movie I'm gonna watch is Infinity war but for now here is my list.

1. Thor Ragnorok - it was a good movie, what else can I say?
  2. Iron Man - complex movie, loved his arc, character growth was awesome.
  3. Dr Strange - magic was amazing, character arc was awesome. I wish it was an extended show, they should have made it a show.
  4. Ant Man - it was so funny, the plot was nice, though it seemed a little like a knock off version of Iron man. I liked it so much.
  5. Black Panther - this was hard for me to place, it might actually go above ant man but I dunno. this one is really good, I loved the villain. Black panther was awesome, Chadwick Bozeman is truly an amazing actor!