Jorville

Character voices

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Trying to start reading the books to my kids. I am only about 5 or so chapters in. I like to differentiate the voices for my kids and was wondering what other people would do for the voice of the various characters.

After listening to the Audiobooks I can't get Aussie/Cockney Wayne out of my head

If I want to do an old person voice, I usually just keep my tounge near the top of my mouth, and pronounce letter s as a shh sound. Might work for a certain grandfather character. 

Besides that, the best advice I can give you is attitude matters. If you really get into the character and their emotions /mindset the voice just comes naturally.

Thanks Archer, but I was't really looking on the how so much as the what. I am pretty good with voices I was wondering what people hear in their heads when the characters talk.

I think of a boisterous voice for grandpa smedry, he may be old but he has alot of spirit in him. For sing sing I would imagine a low Jamaican accent. Alcatraz would be a normal amarican boy. At least that's how I imagine it. ( :