Shoulder Angels and Devils

Gray to

If you could have any two cosmere characters to be your Shoulder Angel and Devil and give you advice in real life, which two would it be?

I would probably choose Adolin and Hoid 

Edited by Gray to

This probably should go in Cosmere Theories, or maybe General Brandon.

Anyhow, I'd probably want Hoid if I had to pick a single 'shoulder angel' but in terms of 'good angel/bad angel' pairings I'd probably want Jasnah and Wayne.

@Eluvianii Following that line of thinking, Ruin would simultaneously be the worst and best shoulder devil ever. Because you know the only thing he'd be whispering in your ear is 'Kill them' over and over and over. Which wouldn't at all be nice, but at the same time unless you're already a complete monster it would also probably be a lot easier to tune out, so you could just listen to your shoulder angel and not have to worry about being tempted by a more subtle form of shoulder devil. Hmmm...

Sazed (as himself) and Odium. Odium would try to quietly, subtly manipulate you into doing wrong, while Sazed would help you lead yourself into doing right.

So..... it would be like real life.

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2018 at 1:58 PM, Weltall said:

@Eluvianii Following that line of thinking, Ruin would simultaneously be the worst and best shoulder devil ever. Because you know the only thing he'd be whispering in your ear is 'Kill them' over and over and over. Which wouldn't at all be nice, but at the same time unless you're already a complete monster it would also probably be a lot easier to tune out, so you could just listen to your shoulder angel and not have to worry about being tempted by a more subtle form of shoulder devil. Hmmm...

Didn't work so well for Zane. Then again he was a complete monster and off his flipping rocker.

On 15/07/2018 at 5:01 PM, NiceBleach said:

Kelsier and Lift or Kelsier and Kaladin. I'm not sure who's the angel and who's the devil in either situation.

I honestly don't know who the devil and angel would be either. Because they're all nice people (mostly), but could also make good devils. Maybe Lift as the devil in the first one, and Kelsier as the devil in the second?

On 15/07/2018 at 2:31 PM, Silva said:

I’d want Hoid and Kelsier 

And... which one is the angel?

Also, @Nathrangking, that is both terrifying and hilarious. 

Edited by Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper