RWBY/Mistborn Theory(Possible spoilers for all Volumes)

The few basic points are this: 

-God of Darkness is Ruin, God of Light is Preservation 

-Humans on Remnant have much more of Preservation's Investiture than in the Scadrial timeline of the planet, which they can use to Preserve themselves and for unique effect based on their spiritweb. They still have to Snap, however, as there is a bit of Ruin in them still

-Ozpin is an extremely powerful Cognitive Shadow 

-Salem is a Splinter of Ruin 

-The pools outside of Salem's fortress are Shardpools of Ruin

-Grimm are just creatures that have been Invested by Ruin and/or hemalurgically modified

-The Relics are really just items similar to the sphere the Ire had, which allow you to Connect to Preservation's power more fully

Edited by Quickbronze

I like it, Pyrrha's fighting style with pushing and pulling on metal fits right in.  Ruby bursting into flower petals when she 'steelpushes' maybe a little outside the nice analogy.  It's a fun comparison though, maybe Monty Oum was a sanderfan.

And the thing Qrow did with the fire and shadows is Yolish Lightweaving (assuming that's what Hoid does) . I have always loved and will continue to love my RWBY/Cosmere crossovers. This is great. If stuff could be upvoted twice, I'd do it.

Minor Mistborn/RWBY spoilers past this point...

Spoiler

Yang is a Ferring who can store kinetic energy and then dish it out.
Ruby is a Steelrunner Ferring. Or a Steel Compounder.
Raven and Qrow are kandra.
The Schnee family are Malwish scientists, doing crazy stuff with Dust/Investiture. (Industiture...?)
Blake is a Lightweaver Radiant, like Shallan. 
Jaune is a Nicroburst Misting.
Ren is a Coppercloud.
Nora is a Pewterarm (except she uses lightning instead of Pewter...).

And here's a fun one: you know how Remnant's moon is all shattered and in pieces?  That was the original Scadrial, which in this alternate Cosmere-RWBY-universe was broken by the Lord Ruler's attempt to save the world from the Deepness.  Knowing that he had failed, he created a second, smaller planet and transported the "remnants" of humanity to it.  Ruin and Preservation followed.  Ruin thinks this new planet is still a part of the deal he made with Preservation, and of course Preservation disagrees, so their conflict continues on Remnant.
...Yeah, there's a bunch of holes in that theory.

The thing about Sanderson's Cosmere is that it's so comprehensive that you can find a lot of parallels between it and other works of fiction.  Doesn't stop it from being fun to think about, though. ^_^

Edited by Zath
Added spoiler tag

Storm my MIND, my EVERYTHING just got blown.

Also, Industiture is what I'm calling it forever.

Edit: Weiss's glyphs look like they have little Scadrian symbols on the sides.

Edited by AonEne

• Chaos locked this topic